Login

russian armor

LeIG Support Gun range not needed

19 Sep 2015, 01:18 AM

Well pack can't shoot at you from half a map away, behind a flaq truck.

I played a match on Langreskaya today against someone who used one of those. He put his med truck in front of his cutoff (he was on south side) and killed one ambulance in my base that was right next to the circus tents. That's more than half of the map on Langreskaya.

He also pulled in two walking stukas and three KT's. After losing the last KT, he left the game, declaring that he didn't care anymore, like he had somehow been traumatized by him hitting me with double stukas and KT's for over an hour.
19 Sep 2015, 01:27 AM

LEIG is flat out BROKEN.

Anyone defending the unit in its current state is flat out absurd.

2 of these things locked down an entire middle map sections against 4 players on the new 4 VP map. They were vet 5 at less than 10 min and were basically unkillable.

The insta pin alone is BS never mind their insane range and accuracy. If it weren't for the current bugs affecting the allies you would have about 0 chance as the fucking British.
19 Sep 2015, 04:19 AM

I dont know when they did it, but they increased the shell travel time and theres no hope of dodging the shells when you hear them
19 Sep 2015, 04:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2015, 04:19 AMArclyte
I dont know when they did it, but they increased the shell travel time and theres no hope of dodging the shells when you hear them

They are back to the vanilla heat seeking mode, honestly this patch is the biggest Relic fuck around since TOV in terms of outrageous balance and flat out bugs.

Like you get hit with one shell and are instantly pinned which screws up the retreat, then as the unit slowly tries to run away under suppression it gets hit by another laser guided bomb and is wiped.

This is actually the most insanely frustrating change the could have made.
19 Sep 2015, 04:44 AM

Spacing on units and ol PS.

At this point, with the damage nerf, i'll rather increase the cost of it, and also give it suppression. Balance it out with RoF and remove the capability to retreat.

the LeIG never had the ability to retreat.

it rarely needs to anyway.
19 Sep 2015, 04:46 AM

LEIG is flat out BROKEN.

Anyone defending the unit in its current state is flat out absurd.

2 of these things locked down an entire middle map sections against 4 players on the new 4 VP map. They were vet 5 at less than 10 min and were basically unkillable.

The insta pin alone is BS never mind their insane range and accuracy. If it weren't for the current bugs affecting the allies you would have about 0 chance as the fucking British.

the ami pach howi does the same and it got an even bigger aoe but less actual range but it can damage tanks, but so far ami players are focused on thier vet 3 rifles so they dont abuse this yet ;p
19 Sep 2015, 04:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2015, 04:46 AMVinyl41

the ami pach howi does the same and it got an even bigger aoe but less actual range but it can damage tanks, but so far ami players are focused on thier vet 3 rifles so they dont abuse this yet ;p

Well finally the bullets are bouncing off the Muricans as they should *sarcasm*.

I feel like the USF got some much needed durability in their only front line infantry but that they went entirely too far. There is scaling and then there is a 5 man squad which functions like a 9 man squad. I will give the new uber pak howie a try and see how it compares to the fucking tragedy that is the LeIG right now.
19 Sep 2015, 08:32 AM
Patrion 15

Building Bofors when those are out on the field it's just useless, you can't even Brace once and it gets destroyed. You can't even counter them with the Bofors barrage because they are out of range.

You can't rush with infantry to kill them because they wipe you out while doing so.

Relic balancing the game as always.
19 Sep 2015, 08:35 AM

Double leig next to med truck, covered by Schwerer :hansGASM:

Enjoy! :luvDerp:

Funny how 2 guns standing on the open field can shut down 2 mortars covered by sandbags on a digged down position.

No, so mortar fire, nor artillery for Brits! :foreveralone:
Phy
19 Sep 2015, 08:37 AM

x2 LEIG+flak ht combo is lame.
Charging with infantry to an unsupported LEIG it's most likely a failure (sometimes even squad wiped)
LEIG>>brits buildings
19 Sep 2015, 15:12 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

the LeIG never had the ability to retreat.

it rarely needs to anyway.

I'm talking about the 120mm. Tweaks it's role, as a mortar for it's cost is lackluster and doesn't give anything that a normal cheaper mortar would do.
19 Sep 2015, 16:18 PM

Spacing on units and ol PS.

At this point, with the damage nerf, i'll rather increase the cost of it, and also give it suppression. Balance it out with RoF and remove the capability to retreat.

the 120 was over the top when its accuracy was a bit too good. It was rightfully nerfed, but since it was still better than the OST turbo mortar, it had to be nerfed again and again until no one would use it.

I've come to expect nothing less from relic
20 Sep 2015, 04:53 AM
Patrion 310

Smoke barrage ability instead of range increase (smoke have good synergy with volks grenades to flank garrison MGs) and perhabs a small movement penalty to make them easier to flank. Since OKW dont have any mortar like the other factions, a smoke barrage would make more sence.

Do not overnerf ISG again, without non-doctrine mgs, sniper and mortars this unit AOE + suppressing need to perform well or OKW will just go back to become pure infantry blobs again.
20 Sep 2015, 05:01 AM
Donator 11

After watching a ton of high level games this patch (over 20 so far), the Pack Howi and Leig changes are ridiculous. Both units overperform to the extreme.

Every game I have watched so far has been this...

USF vs OKW: comes down to which side can hold 2 vps and then keep pinning squads trying to cap a VP. Long slugfests between LEIGS and Packs ensue.

USF vs. Ostheer. A joke, double pak howie shuts down any kind of advance.

OKW vs. Soviets. Same except with Double leig

OKW vs. brits OKW will shut down brits with leigs until a croc hits the field, then a croc will just destroy everything.

Apparently "more consistent results"=pinning or suppression with every single shot.
20 Sep 2015, 07:04 AM

The alternative to a potent leIG is buffing volks to RM/Grens levels. I'm sure no one would like that so adapt and move on.
20 Sep 2015, 08:09 AM

Last patch buffed leig was in good spot. This patch and vet1 +15% range - as okw fanboy - its too much. I rather see phosphorus/smoke as vet1 ability...
20 Sep 2015, 08:19 AM

Both pak Howie and lei need to be toned down a bit.
20 Sep 2015, 08:45 AM

given their buffed accuracy they probably don't need the suppression anymore. The USF have .50cal anyway.

and the LeIG doesn't need 100 range either . Nerf it down to 80.
20 Sep 2015, 08:54 AM

I'm absolutely loathing ISGs now. Both need to be reverted to how they were pre-TBF. I've heard an LeiG fire, realised my sniper was the target, moved it a good 5-6 meters only to have the shell CHANGE TRAJECTORY AND HOME IN killing my sniper in one shot. So much for the Brit sniper having the same HPs as the Ost one LOL. The current balance is abysmal. What a joke.
20 Sep 2015, 09:01 AM
Patrion 310

After watching a ton of high level games this patch (over 20 so far), the Pack Howi and Leig changes are ridiculous. Both units overperform to the extreme.

I dont know about 1vs1 but OKW is definitely not OP in 2vs2. With my second account (Boba Fett) im currently ranked #8 on 2vs2 random as brits. With around 90 2vs2 games as brits I have seen plenty of top50 players that can beat OKW in 2vs2 np.

Primary problem with the ISG are the long range which make it much harder to flank/counter arty and hard to defend emplacements without pre-patch OP brace. Give ISG a long smoke barrage instead but nerf the regular arty range. Then ISG smoke + volks incendiary grenade + attack ground with panzershrek (smoke protecting volks getting focus fire) should become the primary OKW counter to brits emplacements which also allow allies to respond without OP brace shields.
Overnerf ISG again and we may start seeing 90% consistently playing 2vs2s as allies because OKW will become trash in 2vs2s without the current ISG. Without OKW its double Werh against 3 allied factions. 2vs2 axis combined arms RIP.

All these over nerfs with each patch are getting ridiculous. Its a much better alternative to have slightly OP units within each faction than a bunch of underperforming units that nobody are gonna build.

Remember OKW have no manpower sink like fuel/munition cache, no manpower for sniper, no bunkers or mgs without fortification/luftwaffe and lack fuel to invest manpower into armor. At least OKW have more combined arms now than pre-patch infantry blobs. As brits I would much rather fight against ISG + infantry + armor than pre-patch infantry blobberino meta.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 27
Peru 10
unknown 8
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %