Login

russian armor

Partisan SMGs

18 Sep 2015, 14:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2015, 09:39 AMNickbn

This. Seconded.

Take into account that before, when only a handful of people used partisans, no axis player ever felt the need of looking behind their front line apart from the occasional paratrooper landing. But now finally the partisans pack a little more punch the "OP-OP calling" starts, and the worst thing is, a very predictable one at that. So lets take this 'new' situation axis players will find themselves in into consideration.

The "lazy" (before replying watch those quotation marks there) axis never had to deal with troops operating behind the line, having to get real close before doing some damage, otherwise quite unuseful troops before. Even in my earliest (and I have played tons of matches using partisans) use of these guys I had to ubermicro them and not use them as a combat unit to make them work. Back then they could not capture points at all, were (and still are) very fragile. Even a grenadier looking angry at them made them start dropping models. It was very hard to make them useful, only having some limited use in very specific situation only encounterable in 3v3 4v4's. Every partisan fielded behind enemy lines was a missing soviet squad on the frontline.

Their armor still sucks. they die like flies and most people tend to use them incorrectly and inefficiently. They finally do some damage, people use them properly and all axis camp starts barking and throwing in all the numbers to back up their case. While in all honesty, you should look behind the hurts of our collective butts and see that maybe these guys were very underpowered before.

Taking this into consideration I do not mind a small but noticeable nerf in their damage output. for their smg's.

And it's been less than 24 hours. I mean. Really people? Seriously?

2CP infantry unit for 210 MP that can be fielded from vacant buildings, and has the best close range DPS in the whole game...

BUT hey, all we need to do is to "look behind", mine every doors, wrap every building in wire and turn our MG42s towards our base. Dont be lazy people...

18 Sep 2015, 14:30 PM

I know, we'd never thought for once in the entire history of CoH where partisans would actually get a thread on balance because of how they used to be mediocre then garbage for a long while.

But with the recent changes, the partisan DPS seems pretty ridiculous for what you get and when you can get them. It may be my overreaction, but their shock value is insane. If I'm looking at the stats right in the editor, they dish out 21 DPS up to 10m before drastically dropping like most SMGs.

Yes, they form the backbone of that particular doctrine, but a 1CP unit that dishes out more DPS than shocks that spawns from structures for around 210mp and has camo? Did someone paradrop the old UKF commandos onto the Eastern Front and made them dress up as partisans or something? :P

Unless they become very costly to the point where they become one-trick ponies which is never good for any unit, I think the DPS levels should at least be lowered to 13 minimum or so which is similar to the Guard PPSH given the cost of the unit.

They are OP because they actually have a purpose and you can't find their VERY obvious flaws? Midgame they are garbage. They are only good when you pop them out as a surprise attack. Once they retreat, and have to start going from the front, it's just a manpower waste. I believe it's something like 35 manpower just to reinforce them, which they die very easily, and not counting the manpower to call in. All while you can get a conscript squad for 20 more manpower that have more utility. All I see now is them actually having a chance as a viable commander. If you are a good axis player, you will make them pay for their commander choice. Put mines in front of doors, boom, no more issue. Or build obers,minefields in back, or mg in back, doing so cripples their only use as the commander. PPSH's were trash before, again at least they can do something now. doubling the dmg isn't that big of a deal when it was nothing before.
18 Sep 2015, 14:45 PM

They are OP because they actually have a purpose and you can't find their VERY obvious flaws? Midgame they are garbage. They are only good when you pop them out as a surprise attack. Once they retreat, and have to start going from the front, it's just a manpower waste. I believe it's something like 35 manpower just to reinforce them, which they die very easily, and not counting the manpower to call in. All while you can get a conscript squad for 20 more manpower that have more utility. All I see now is them actually having a chance as a viable commander. If you are a good axis player, you will make them pay for their commander choice. Put mines in front of doors, boom, no more issue. Or build obers,minefields in back, or mg in back, doing so cripples their only use as the commander. PPSH's were trash before, again at least they can do something now. doubling the dmg isn't that big of a deal when it was nothing before.

Merge them with cons = profit :)
18 Sep 2015, 15:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2015, 14:45 PMBlalord

Merge them with cons = profit :)

Unfortunately it's good on paper, but no one does it simply because of the micro required. Good idea though.........hehe
18 Sep 2015, 16:15 PM
Patrion 14

So, I just used me some partysans.

Dear god. So much OP. They were wiping mgs in seconds, and grens only slightly slower.
18 Sep 2015, 16:36 PM

It takes a special kind of stupid not to realise that popping a very inexpensive squad with 2 times more dps then falls next to okw.ost units is a massive balance issue. slash their dps in half and they still would be very dangerous.
18 Sep 2015, 16:52 PM

You can spot bias when people actually defend units that costs 210 mp and have a higher dmg output than elite infantry. Not only that it breaks immersion, its also completely unfair pricing.
aaa
18 Sep 2015, 17:02 PM

this co0mmander has no late game and nothing except partisans. Still only guard motor
18 Sep 2015, 17:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2015, 16:36 PMZyllen

It takes a special kind of stupid not to realise that popping a very inexpensive squad with 2 times more dps then falls next to okw.ost units is a massive balance issue. slash their dps in half and they still would be very dangerous.

Well it takes a special kind of stupid to realize that straight DMG from guns is not everything. Falls are stronger and can faust and throw charges as well. It's like a partisan and tank hunter built into one.

Partisans are like paper, but actually have a decent gun now. Before they were like RET's
18 Sep 2015, 17:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2015, 17:02 PMaaa
this co0mmander has no late game and nothing except partisans. Still only guard motor

Mark target & Radio Interception are pretty dank in my opinion. Especially for late game.
18 Sep 2015, 17:13 PM

Well it takes a special kind of stupid to realize that straight DMG from guns is not everything. Falls are stronger and can faust and throw charges as well. It's like a partisan and tank hunter built into one.

Partisans are like paper, but actually have a decent gun now. Before they were like RET's

Stop digging a bigger hole for yourself mate. DPS means everything and frailty means nothing if you spawn them in the rear of your opponents line
18 Sep 2015, 18:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2015, 17:13 PMZyllen

Stop digging a bigger hole for yourself mate. DPS means everything and frailty means nothing if you spawn them in the rear of your opponents line

Hey mate, well let's see what happens when you take your 1 jackson and pop it out and flank behind 1 tiger and still see if dmg means everything????

Realistically though, there are numerous counters to stopping them behind the lines.

1.) Mines in front of doors
2.) Minefields on back Points
4.) Get a Flame Half track to cover your backfield.
5.) Get obers, they will win if you don't let them close
18 Sep 2015, 18:48 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The time has come, Su76 and Partisan OP.

Reduce DPS to shocktroops level.
18 Sep 2015, 20:47 PM

Hey mate, well let's see what happens when you take your 1 jackson and pop it out and flank behind 1 tiger and still see if dmg means everything????

Realistically though, there are numerous counters to stopping them behind the lines.

1.) Mines in front of doors
2.) Minefields on back Points
4.) Get a Flame Half track to cover your backfield.
5.) Get obers, they will win if you don't let them close

I am fucking speechless at this stupidity. its a 1 CP unit. you dont have any counters you listed. ffs stop posting.
18 Sep 2015, 20:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2015, 20:47 PMZyllen

I am fucking speechless at this stupidity. its a 1 CP unit. you dont have any counters you listed. ffs stop posting.

So you're saying you're losing the ENTIRE game during the 1CP phase? If that's the case you blow. Build a MG and cover your guys. So the 2 CP shocktroops are unstoppable as well because they come out so early? 2cp is not much more, and I rather have shocks. ALSO germans get a 0 CP assault grenadier, as well as a mine counter quite quickly.. Partisans commander does not scale well to late game...which you can do ALL of the counters I mentioned after mid game.

18 Sep 2015, 21:07 PM

So you're saying you're losing the ENTIRE game during the 1CP phase? If that's the case you blow. Build a MG and cover your guys. So the 2 CP shocktroops are unstoppable as well because they come out so early? 2cp is not much more, and I rather have shocks. ALSO germans get a 0 CP assault grenadier, as well as a mine counter quite quickly.. Partisans commander does not scale well to late game...which you can do ALL of the counters I mentioned after mid game.

Every minute makes the diference,positioning of your units makes the diference.
getting a granadier mg or a HMG42 getting killed and stolen, and getting pressured on the cut off, after a couple of minutes a t70 appers, followed by t76. GG
I'm am not saying is impossible to comeback, but playing from the bottom at the start of the game is very hard.
18 Sep 2015, 21:17 PM

I couldnt try partisans yet but i played as axis aginst partisan spam. It is too spamable if u lose some of partisan squad it doesnt matter u can get another one. Price increse can stop spam imo.
18 Sep 2015, 21:21 PM

Every minute makes the diference,positioning of your units makes the diference.
getting a granadier mg or a HMG42 getting killed and stolen, and getting pressured on the cut off, after a couple of minutes a t70 appers, followed by t76. GG
I'm am not saying is impossible to comeback, but playing from the bottom at the start of the game is very hard.

Tell that to the British beginning game
18 Sep 2015, 21:36 PM

Partisans are map dependant, risky allin option, no late game.

Leig is still on every map, near medical truck, insta red-pin or wipe, no risk at all. (Got buffed this patch)
18 Sep 2015, 21:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2015, 09:39 AMNickbn

This. Seconded.

Take into account that before, when only a handful of people used partisans, no axis player ever felt the need of looking behind their front line apart from the occasional paratrooper landing. But now finally the partisans pack a little more punch the "OP-OP calling" starts, and the worst thing is, a very predictable one at that. So lets take this 'new' situation axis players will find themselves in into consideration.

The "lazy" (before replying watch those quotation marks there) axis never had to deal with troops operating behind the line, having to get real close before doing some damage, otherwise quite unuseful troops before. Even in my earliest (and I have played tons of matches using partisans) use of these guys I had to ubermicro them and not use them as a combat unit to make them work. Back then they could not capture points at all, were (and still are) very fragile. Even a grenadier looking angry at them made them start dropping models. It was very hard to make them useful, only having some limited use in very specific situation only encounterable in 3v3 4v4's. Every partisan fielded behind enemy lines was a missing soviet squad on the frontline.

Their armor still sucks. they die like flies and most people tend to use them incorrectly and inefficiently. They finally do some damage, people use them properly and all axis camp starts barking and throwing in all the numbers to back up their case. While in all honesty, you should look behind the hurts of our collective butts and see that maybe these guys were very underpowered before.

Taking this into consideration I do not mind a small but noticeable nerf in their damage output. for their smg's.

And it's been less than 24 hours. I mean. Really people? Seriously?

+1 people need to let is play out a little bit before bitching and moaning.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 45
South Africa 4
Germany 718

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak