Login

russian armor

LMG Engineers?

13 Sep 2015, 06:55 AM

2 armor?, isn't their health lower though?

All Infantry units have 80 health, there are only 3 units that break this rule: Ostheer Sniper (82), British Sniper (82), and Soviet Sniper Team (48).
13 Sep 2015, 07:15 AM

One mortar to rule them all.

Seriously, mortar is a must against UKF and it's quit easy to get vet3 on it. There is nothing wrong with UKF's late game infantry, their only problems are their tanks, mostly churchill and centaur.
13 Sep 2015, 09:43 AM

Permanently Banned

Good lord that is quite the unit.

So you have a 5 squad unit with more armor than shocks which is half the cost of Obers and gets a free LMG upgrade? I mean even without the 13 MP reinforce that is a ridiculously good bargain for an engineer unit which can also repair and make battlefield modifications.

Not entirely sure that seems balanced but then again I'm not expert. I know their slow but they seem like terminator units right now. Does anyone have their actual DPS output with all those machine guns?

I don't know their DPS, I do know that is very high :foreveralone:
13 Sep 2015, 09:43 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2015, 07:15 AMRMMLz
One mortar to rule them all.

Seriously, mortar is a must against UKF and it's quit easy to get vet3 on it. There is nothing wrong with UKF's late game infantry, their only problems are their tanks, mostly churchill and centaur.

:foreveralone:
13 Sep 2015, 09:52 AM

I've tried giving 5 man Heavy Engies another couple Vicker Ks via the Supply HT. It's pretty damn potent if I say so myself.
13 Sep 2015, 11:02 AM

Can we have some replays of EQUALLY SKILLED players where heavy engineer spam with LMGs isn't hardcontered by single mortar+HMG combo?

Or any infantry actually throwing a nade at them, since they are unable to dodge as the moment they engage combat, both their legs become broken?
13 Sep 2015, 12:19 PM

brits have lots of abilites for free,or are rather cheap which other factions to heavily pay for

Yeah, aside from the upgrade to heavy engineers which requires spending manpower and fuel for the anvil option they have so many other free abilities, like... well... uhm... for example... uhm... uuuuuhm... see? So much free stuff!
13 Sep 2015, 17:10 PM

Played as Ostheer against this last night.

It gets totally raped (as expected) by double sniper.

At the end of the game my snipers had over a 100 kills, I don't know if that is more to do with the OST sniper being ridiculously broken or the eng unit being vulnerable due to its slow speed.

Mortar half tracks are also hilarously broken against the UK right now and I had a much easier time by simply having a couple of them on the field.

Thanks for the suggestions in this thread, they helped a lot.

I guess they are fine vs OST but OKW seems to have a much harder time dealing with them, unless you go double IEG, but they are less mobile than mortar half tracks and obviously far less lethal than snipers.
13 Sep 2015, 17:20 PM

the lieg double dip when it comes to owning royal engineers, their suppression makes the already slow engies practically pinned, which makes the barraging all the more accurate

13 Sep 2015, 17:46 PM

Give these guys 2 Brens and stick them in a building and watch them become utterly impossible to kill with an infantry force ten times their size.
nee
13 Sep 2015, 23:44 PM

Upgrade should indeed cost at least a bit of munitions, especially since the engineers are getting more than just LMGs and slower speed.

The LMGs should also take up both slots though, so the player will have to consider wasting munitions if they already got weapons, or living with engineers with no AT firepower. At least then you have the do this or that and never both scheme.

As-is, they can pick up more weapons and effectively become assault engineers as slow as tanks rather than a support unit with better support abilities and better AI weapons.
14 Sep 2015, 03:46 AM

Can you combine them with the Assault ability in the Commando Commander?
14 Sep 2015, 08:02 AM

Give these guys 2 Brens and stick them in a building and watch them become utterly impossible to kill with an infantry force ten times their size.

And why are you using ordinary infantry instead of flamers or indirect fire weapons against entrenched troops again?

Stuff like this is a pure L2P issue, so is complaining about infantry that breaks legs the moment it enters combat.
14 Sep 2015, 08:19 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2015, 08:02 AMKatitof
And why are you using ordinary infantry instead of flamers or indirect fire weapons against entrenched troops again?

Stuff like this is a pure L2P issue, so is complaining about infantry that breaks legs the moment it enters combat.

I agree with Katitof here. I have seen that 3 Sappers with Brens and Anvil tactics can hold back a blob of 5 Volkgrenadiers with Panzerschrecks. They should do it, because they have the equipment for that. But then I have also seen that they are easy to squad wipe with mortars/mortar half-tracks. Once two of my Sapper squads were instantly squad wiped with only one mortar shot, when they were repairing a tank.
14 Sep 2015, 08:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2015, 11:02 AMKatitof
Can we have some replays of EQUALLY SKILLED players where heavy engineer spam with LMGs isn't hardcontered by single mortar+HMG combo?

Or any infantry actually throwing a nade at them, since they are unable to dodge as the moment they engage combat, both their legs become broken?

Every game of #1 brit ( Price right now, 15 0 )
14 Sep 2015, 08:50 AM

I agree with Katitof here. I have seen that 3 Sappers with Brens and Anvil tactics can hold back a blob of 5 Volkgrenadiers with Panzerschrecks. They should do it, because they have the equipment for that. But then I have also seen that they are easy to squad wipe with mortars/mortar half-tracks. Once two of my Sapper squads were instantly squad wiped with only one mortar shot, when they were repairing a tank.

Nothing new that repairing something makes new vulnerable to all weapons ( and thats the same for all factions )
14 Sep 2015, 08:58 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2015, 08:50 AMBlalord
Nothing new that repairing something makes new vulnerable to all weapons ( and thats the same for all factions )

The point with this, and the sentence before it, was to say that it can be countered by indirect fire. Sappers are good against infantry, because they have the equipment for it, but they can easily be countered by some other units, that is indirect fire and armored vehicles and tanks.
14 Sep 2015, 09:03 AM

The point with this, and the sentence before it, was to say that it can be countered by indirect fire. Sappers are good against infantry, because they have the equipment for it, but they can easily be countered by some other units, that is indirect fire and armored vehicles and tanks.

I'am agree, be slower will lead to be more vulnerable to explosive weapons in general, but 13 MP to reinforce at vet 3 ( they vet up fast, cause MP cheap ) its kinda ... weird ;P
14 Sep 2015, 09:04 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2015, 08:48 AMBlalord
Every game of #1 brit ( Price right now, 15 0 )

That can be explained by the matchmaking system, because he has only played 15 games with the Brits. That what matters, is the games against the top notch players. I'm not so sure if he can beat the other top players in 15 games in a row with the Brits. I hope they let the players play with UKF in the OCF, then we can really see how the Brits perform.
14 Sep 2015, 09:10 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2015, 09:03 AMBlalord
I'am agree, be slower will lead to be more vulnerable to explosive weapons in general, but 13 MP to reinforce at vet 3 ( they vet up fast, cause MP cheap ) its kinda ... weird ;P

That's why I always build at least 3 Sappers with Brens, especially when the reinforcement cost for the Tommies is 35. Relic could lower the cost to 28 after you tech up to 5 man squads, so that the improvement will be equally seen also in reinforcement costs.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★