Login

russian armor

Another Partisan Preview Patch (With some thoughts)

11 Sep 2015, 23:55 PM

So...while the camouflage for weapon crews and no cover camouflage is fixed, this resulted in Partisan suffering from yet another bug.

- New Partisan members that are gained through reinforcing do not share the camouflage ability.

While playing them, I couldn't help but feel that I miss the female models for the Partisan squads. They were interesting and wasn't the same voice as the conscripts. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I just don't find the fact a young Soviet man sounds the same as a young Polish Partisan very appealing. Subjective, I suppose. I don't understand why they had to be removed, honestly. Women fought in this war, I'm sure. Wouldn't hurt to see them prowling the battlefield to knock a German sniper's teeth in.
12 Sep 2015, 09:19 AM

Yes, bring back female Partisans! Only male Partisans is dull. :(
12 Sep 2015, 09:28 AM

I still don't know why they were removed in the first place.
12 Sep 2015, 09:39 AM
Donator 33

Relic said that Female partysons had some "Issues"(performance issues?!?), or maybe they did not like to see Panzergrenadiers being forced to retreat by a 4 women with PPSH´s (Seize the area!)
12 Sep 2015, 22:42 PM

LOL, if the gren's uniforms dont change, i doubt they will bring back female partisans
12 Sep 2015, 23:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2015, 22:42 PMJ1N6666
LOL, if the gren's uniforms dont change, i doubt they will bring back female partisans

Bit of a difference between a regular force with uniforms and male-only requirement, and an irregular force without them.
13 Sep 2015, 07:31 AM

Bit of a difference between a regular force with uniforms and male-only requirement, and an irregular force without them.

As many differences there are, neither will get changed anytime soon. I dont have THAT much faith in relic.
13 Sep 2015, 18:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2015, 07:31 AMJ1N6666

As many differences there are, neither will get changed anytime soon. I dont have THAT much faith in relic.
13 Sep 2015, 18:57 PM

I think I know why female partisan models were removed.

It is a bug with the models. When they recrew team weapons.

I was toying around with the modding tools lately. I also put a female crew on the ZiS gun. What I noticed upon zooming in: Their eyes poped out! It looked really scary.
This reminded me of the beta: Tanks that have female voice acting used to have female spotters (T-70 for example). These, too, had bugged animations.

It seems that, whenever female models use male animations (tank crew spotter animation, weapon crew animations), it will look very glitch-y when zooming in.

I guess Relic wanted to avoid that. It is a shame. But I can understand that Relic doesn't want to create seperate animations for the rare case that female partisans recrew a team weapon...

(On a side note: I still think it is a wasted opportunity if Relic does not make a 2nd Soviet faction. This faction would be what OKW is to Ostheer. It would elaborate on typical characteristics of that nation even more, just like OKW does compared to Ostheer. As such, within such a 2nd Soviet army, the female representation could be broader as it is with the current soviet faction. This would be the perfect reason to actually reanimate female weapon teams in a proper, non-bugged way. There are accounts of german tankists fighting anti-tank guns to later realize in shock that these were 'manned' by women. Such things could be part of a potential second soviet army, a soviet army that would represent such typical soviet things as the use of female soldiers in a more straight forward way. As I like to imagine it, such 2nd soviet faction would try to appease fans of the Red Army (just like OKW did when everybody was unhappy about Ostheers' uniforms). It is a wasted opportunity for Relic to cash in (sorry :P) on fans of the Red Army by giving them what they really want in the form of a 2nd soviet army. It would be late-war. It would have REAL combat engineers with body armor. It would have REAL soviet regular soldiers with NORMAL grenades...)

^^^Wait, I think I went a bit off-topic there. Sorry.
13 Sep 2015, 21:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2015, 18:57 PMFluffi

I was toying around with the modding tools lately. I also put a female crew on the ZiS gun. What I noticed upon zooming in: Their eyes poped out! It looked really scary.
This reminded me of the beta: Tanks that have female voice acting used to have female spotters (T-70 for example). These, too, had bugged animations.

It seems that, whenever female models use male animations (tank crew spotter animation, weapon crew animations), it will look very glitch-y when zooming in.

I guess Relic wanted to avoid that. It is a shame. But I can understand that Relic doesn't want to create seperate animations for the rare case that female partisans recrew a team weapon...

That's terrifying, but it doesn't sound hard to fix? Worst case scenario, can't they just have the eyes modeled as part of the face instead of separate? Why are they even separate anyway?

Also I agree with your off-topic wall of text. They could also change the current faction so that women man the MG Nests.
14 Sep 2015, 14:47 PM

A 2nd faction would honestly not be a bad idea. However, I feel the allies are already out-doing the axis by one faction and yet another would just make it even more bothersome.

I don't see how model problem just removed the female partisan. I really hope they are capable of simply fixing something like that. It's content like this that would really shine through the kind of unique effort that Relic put into their games.

Also, I wonder if the guys tweaking the new patch see this. The Partisan are going to be crippled again if they don't fix it.
14 Sep 2015, 22:17 PM

^^I would suggest to make a bug report in the bug section of the official site.

This is also kind of a thread bump of justice, as I think Relic could really put some effort into this! Such details improve the game. So in my opinion, they should consider re-animating female weapons crews, even if they would be seldomly seen (only when female partisans re-crew team weapons). However, they could then seize the opportunity and add some call-in team weapons to partisan-styled commanders to not only make them more intersting but also pay tribute to these units.
14 Sep 2015, 22:51 PM

Not sure if another allied faction is a good idea. If they make a new faction , it should be axis (hopefully not another German faction).
14 Sep 2015, 22:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2015, 18:57 PMFluffi

Am I cute yet

14 Sep 2015, 23:25 PM
Patrion 28

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2015, 22:58 PMRollo

Am I cute yet

honestly, that's so minor that i don't think it needs to be fixed. hilarious though.
14 Sep 2015, 23:45 PM
Donator 11

That's terrifying, but it doesn't sound hard to fix? Worst case scenario, can't they just have the eyes modeled as part of the face instead of separate? Why are they even separate anyway?

Also I agree with your off-topic wall of text. They could also change the current faction so that women man the MG Nests.

They need to be separate in order to animate their movement.

And well, yes they should really look into female animations. Snipers are ok, but its not only partisants, look at soviets medics: these girls are freaks! Sth should be done. Maybe they can bring back other animations too and give as half female army from the early versions. Everybody would love it!
15 Sep 2015, 08:39 AM

They need to be separate in order to animate their movement.

I think I never consciously saw units move their eyeballs. Or even blink :P

And well, yes they should really look into female animations. Snipers are ok, but its not only partisants, look at soviets medics: these girls are freaks! Sth should be done. Maybe they can bring back other animations too and give as half female army from the early versions. Everybody would love it!

Agreed. Though, as I pointed out, the 'half female' army, as you call it, could also be done with a potential 2nd soviet faction. I would appreciate a fresh take on the soviets. They had enough variety of equipment. There is enough 'popular demand' about the current soviet faction that would encourage the creation of a 2nd army for such people who are passionate about the Red Army!

Anyways, I agree with the general notion that the following female animation need to be redone in a proper, glitch free way:
- Soviet Medics' stand animation (not hunched plz! Give them a more female pose, similar to snipers)
- Female team weapons (aka Partisans that recrewed weapons.)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★