Login

russian armor

Are plane wrecks not salvageable?

11 Sep 2015, 05:12 AM

I tried yesterday to salvage a British Glider wreck and couldn't. Maybe it was crushed or something. It seems like common sense to be enable salvaging on gliders, no?

Also, speaking of salvaging, I don't do it much so I'm not 100% sure. I saw that when salvaging is finished you get like, +5 fuel or +5 munis. Is that correct? It seems like a low amount considering how few the opportunities are.
11 Sep 2015, 05:42 AM

The British glider in Alpha actually used to be salvageable.

Which made no sense, as gliders are... Gliders.

+5 fuel is basic OKW salvage, volks and sturmpios can do it on vehicle wrecks and decrewed team weapons.

JLI also have salvage kits and the commander its in allows it to gain quite some munitions for all infantry that salvage as well as the normal amount of fuel.
11 Sep 2015, 05:53 AM

The British glider in Alpha actually used to be salvageable.

Which made no sense, as gliders are... Gliders.

According to your theory it would also make no sense to collect fuel from an abandoned mortar/hmg, because you know, mortars are... mortars. Gliders should be salvageable as any other vehicle. And british tranches should be able to accommodate enemy units too.
11 Sep 2015, 06:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2015, 05:53 AMJohnnyB
According to your theory it would also make no sense to collect fuel from an abandoned mortar/hmg, because you know, mortars are... mortars.

Those have metal and ammunition, you could argue that you trade them back to headquarters in exchange for a bit of fuel. Gliders on the other hand are wood and canvas, neither of which is particularly precious.
11 Sep 2015, 06:11 AM

According to your theory it would also make no sense to collect fuel from an abandoned mortar/hmg, because you know, mortars are... mortars. Gliders should be salvageable as any other vehicle. And british tranches should be able to accommodate enemy units too.

I dont remember buildings being salvageable. (Not including OKW base trucks)

And i guess Ostheer trenches should be neutral as well so secret soviet partisans can crawl out of them and wipe Ost units.
11 Sep 2015, 06:17 AM

And i guess Ostheer trenches should be neutral as well so secret soviet partisans can crawl out of them and wipe Ost units.

Cheers.
11 Sep 2015, 06:19 AM

I dont remember buildings being salvageable. (Not including OKW base trucks)

Hey, why don't you buy a glider to live in? Because you know, it's a building.
11 Sep 2015, 06:20 AM

Wow, you can't use trenches? That should be changed...There was nothing better than the feelings of storming a trench with smoke and flames and taking it over.

Gliders, destroyed AT guns and howis should all be salvageable. They were salvageable in the first game, I don't see why they are not now.
11 Sep 2015, 06:55 AM

I've salvaged a glider wreck.
Gliders, destroyed AT guns and howis are all salvageable. (are there different types of glider, so maybe not all are salvageable?)
11 Sep 2015, 07:02 AM

Wow, you can't use trenches? That should be changed...There was nothing better than the feelings of storming a trench with smoke and flames and taking it over.

What's even better is Ostheer doesn't have demo charges or satchel charges, so even if you clear it out, you can't destroy it very quickly.
11 Sep 2015, 07:08 AM

I've salvaged a glider wreck.
Gliders, destroyed AT guns and howis are all salvageable. (are there different types of glider, so maybe not all are salvageable?)

Really? I need to explore more. That's why I am asking here :) I'll try it out more tonight if I get the opportunity.

What's even better is Ostheer doesn't have demo charges or satchel charges, so even if you clear it out, you can't destroy it very quickly.

Yea that balance is not cool IMO.

11 Sep 2015, 11:22 AM

My initial impression is the trenches are a lot better designed this time around. No more spamming them everywhere due to manpower cost, no more insta-delete (keyboard shortcut) action possible for brit player, even a puma can come up and shoot em up.
There would have to be lots of changes if enemy could enter trenches, and it would lead to brits playing even a more turtley way.. nein nein.

Plane wrecks not salvageable? Who cares. :foreveralone:
11 Sep 2015, 11:26 AM

Hans, Johan, go salvage all the fuel from that glider over there :snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter:
11 Sep 2015, 11:44 AM

british tranches should be able to accommodate enemy units too.

+1
11 Sep 2015, 11:59 AM

Permanently Banned
The glider is made out of wood, has no engines and is towed to its destination. What would you like to salvage from them? Fuel? Munitions?

Would be cool if you could maybe salvage them and have a random change of a PIAT or an LMG dropping out of them.
11 Sep 2015, 12:35 PM

The glider is made out of wood, has no engines and is towed to its destination. What would you like to salvage from them? Fuel? Munitions?

And the mortars and HMGs have no fuel in them. Stop with these kind of arguments.
11 Sep 2015, 12:38 PM

Girls, Girls!! It's not about realism Kappa
11 Sep 2015, 13:56 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2015, 12:35 PMJohnnyB

And the mortars and HMGs have no fuel in them. Stop with these kind of arguments.

Y u mad at me brah?

Y u no nice

Yyy
11 Sep 2015, 14:45 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Many replies here have made me smile. Please don't let it turn nasty.

Back to topic.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS