Login

russian armor

LeIG is too effective

PAGES (10)down
11 Sep 2015, 21:00 PM

wait mate did you just said the Pak Howitzer is better then the ISG?
you sure its better??

the Pack Howtzer is AWFUL in every turn,its scatter(or accuracy)is sooo bad that it barely makes itself useful and its durability is also awful(loses 4 men and the rest 2 leave the gun)its price is still unacceptable for the USF

"the little price decrease suddly made it better? stop whining"

little price decrease?? are you serious? and it also received supression buff,couple that with its ability to shut down infantry attacks to shut it down makes this unit stupid OP

"but before it was ok"
before not many people used it BUT now that the british have landed and their defencive nature this unit suddly gained SO MUCH VALUE for its mp that it simply overperforms its and shuts down a faction easily,and should the OKW get the chance to bring 2 into the game the british are killed

on the otherhand the soviets barely notice it(too busy killing axis with quads)and the americans barely find it difficult to beat(an m20 or stuart put it to rest esily)

BUT the british cant do a thing other then rush a cromwell,they also cant suffer loses AT ALL,do you know how manpower starved the faction is???

"so its does its role so whats the problem"
true it does BUT its too cheap for such performance and for that needs a simple price increase to 430mp(remember it outpeforms the Pack Howitzer)

I never said the manpower was little, i just mentioned it. The cost buff was actually amazing, ~22% decrease. I mentioned it combined with the recent ninja change to its aoe. Overall its better than it was before, but the changes its had aren't enough to warrant the recent reactions.

The gun is accurate with high kill rate to close units, but has poor total aoe. It functions as an assault gun. Honestly, I think the best option would be to rework its vet, and nerf its vet 0 capabilities. OKW functions as an army with a premium on basically every unit, due to the fact everything has 2 levels extra on vet. The Le.iG functions barely any better until vet 5, and even then while the numbers are good its aoe is still shit so it doesn't really do that much. It functions super well at vet 0 and at vet 5 it feels insignificantly better.

If people want it nerfed its vet needs rework, because currently its an assault gun with the vet of a mortar
11 Sep 2015, 21:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2015, 21:00 PMDraje

I never said the manpower was little, i just mentioned it. The cost buff was actually amazing, ~22% decrease. I mentioned it combined with the recent ninja change to its aoe. Overall its better than it was before, but the changes its had aren't enough to warrant the recent reactions.

The gun is accurate with high kill rate to close units, but has poor total aoe. It functions as an assault gun. Honestly, I think the best option would be to rework its vet, and nerf its vet 0 capabilities. OKW functions as an army with a premium on basically every unit, due to the fact everything has 2 levels extra on vet. The Le.iG functions barely any better until vet 5, and even then while the numbers are good its aoe is still shit so it doesn't really do that much. It functions super well at vet 0 and at vet 5 it feels insignificantly better.

If people want it nerfed its vet needs rework, because currently its an assault gun with the vet of a mortar

i am ok with it getting a decent vet bonuses but nerfing its vet 0 power honestly and agree with it
11 Sep 2015, 21:44 PM

Knowing nothing but complain about :clap:

AOE Damage Profile was change from 1 /0.35 / 0.05 to 1/0.5/0.25

But its radius was reduced from 4 to 3.

i didnt check what they changed but i play the game lot so thats how i know something overpoerforming or not. I have 2700 hours on coh2.
11 Sep 2015, 23:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2015, 21:44 PMcolgate

i didnt check what they changed but i play the game lot so thats how i know something overpoerforming or not. I have 2700 hours on coh2.

there is nothing op with, it's just subjective because every player is going LeIG now to counter emplacements.

And play time wise, it says nothing, i have seen so many people that have still bad skills. But to take e-dick game on, im so often top 10 i can't even count :lol:
12 Sep 2015, 00:38 AM
Donator 11

It's not overpowered. I don't recall anybody complaining about the LeIG before the Brits got added to the game. The problem is that the UKF's design - with small squads that need to be in cover to be effective and lots of static emplacements - makes them especially vulnerable to this weapon. A comparable situation would be, I dunno, the ML-20 against the OKW. It's not that the ML-20 is overpowered, it's just that it takes advantage of a fundamental weakness in the OKW's design.

Pretty much this. OKW and Ostheer are designed to fight 6 and 5 man squads. So when you add 4 man squads of course things are going to overperform.
12 Sep 2015, 00:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2015, 21:47 PMKatitof
Yea, one shotting brit squads is fun.

ISG is currently new 120mm mortar.

Ok so when a full axis squad dies to a mine or 1 mortar or 1 sherman HE shot... its squad spaceing. When an allied squad gets 1 shot its the weapon thats op?

Come off it already.
12 Sep 2015, 01:09 AM

there is nothing op with, it's just subjective because every player is going LeIG now to counter emplacements.

And play time wise, it says nothing, i have seen so many people that have still bad skills. But to take e-dick game on, im so often top 10 i can't even count :lol:

IT is too accurate that is OP. U may need play more to see how accurate it is.
12 Sep 2015, 01:10 AM

I really don't like the way British emplacements are designed. In real life, the whole point of emplacements was that they were very resilient against artillery. A defensive emplacement that was weak to artillery wasn't an emplacement at all.

Emplacements SHOULD be weak to flame based weapons, but not in the way portrayed. I would like to see:

Emplacements gain more resilience to all artillery. It makes no sense for a mortar emplaement to lose to 2 leigs. The emplacement should win hands down due to its inability to move.

Emplacements can now be decrewed by flame based weapons. Flame based weapons have a chance of decrewing, but it will be a good chance. Grenades will also work for decrewing if you can get close enough (rnade probably wouldn't be able to).

All other weapons will stay just as effective, so a good strategy would be to decrew an emplacement, then use direct fire to destroy it when it can no longer be braced.

This way, the Brits force the enemies to come to them, rather than being forced to take the initiative and attack themselves (which is something Brits are terrible at, due to their cover requirements). It is simply bad design to fore the player that invested in a static build (also known as the British faction) to attack an enemy in order to make his army work in any way.

If you make Brits be the faction that people are forced to attack, and not the other way around, it will fix Brits in 1s and make emplacements a more dynamic and easily countered option.

So true...
12 Sep 2015, 01:13 AM

to the brits, this thing is a monster, there's no counter to this thing for the brits. apart from the mortar emplacement which is a bitch to get, immobile and extremely expensive in a manpower starved faction.

defend it well and there's no way for the brits to do anything about it, other than to brace structure and wait for the inevitable destruction of emplacement.

this has nothing to do with the leig, its a decent light arty piece. keep it as it is, look into brit's counters instead.
12 Sep 2015, 06:38 AM

isn't it like this with all mortars?

Well more so for the Brits. You know, with a 4 man, 280 MP, 35 MP reinforce base infantry unit.
12 Sep 2015, 07:35 AM
Benefactor 392

What my argument was stating is that the guy was complaining how he was losing a model by indirect fire. I didn't want to think about that because of course that stuff happens, most of the times worse in my case.

What I meant to say is that all indirect fire has a knack to annoy the living hell out of you. No matter which faction you play as, I'm sure there has been those games where you'd get consistently hit by indirect fire, more so late game.

We all here can agree that indirect fire will make you bleed manpower, we also can agree that indirect fire can wipe squads, not as much as they used to now but they still may.

If you think that the ISG is insane then you really must be new or refuse to play any other faction due to bias reasons.

I mostly played 4v4 OKW for the longest of time because i found it to be the most fun faction to play as at that time. but i still do play all the other factions as well.

Before i get off topic if i hadn't already I believe the ISG is fine and more fair then half the other indirects out there. I'm sorry if my opinion is wrong or you are to stubborn to believe such a thing however i find it in a good spot now... finally...
12 Sep 2015, 09:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2015, 22:15 PMbC_

Just throwing out some numbers

the angle scatter was decrease from 7.5 to 6.

the distance scatter max was decreased from 12 to 5 and the distance scatter ratio was decreased from .15 to .1.

despite the lowered AOE, the LeiG's accuracy was significantly buffed. Right now it's like a 100 range sniper.
12 Sep 2015, 09:49 AM

as their only form of indirect fire... and since stukkas only tickle emplacements... and the OKW dont have flamethrowers...

Im inclined to say the Lieg is fine and a necessary tool.
12 Sep 2015, 09:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2015, 23:28 PMcolgate
I don't know what changed but lelg and axis mortar too accurate like indirect sniper.

Knowing nothing but complain about :clap:

The LeIG did got its accuracy (scatter) buffed significantly. see my post above.

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2015, 09:49 AMCorsin
as their only form of indirect fire... and since stukkas only tickle emplacements... and the OKW dont have flamethrowers...

Im inclined to say the Lieg is fine and a necessary tool.

volks are getting flame nade in the preview.
12 Sep 2015, 10:03 AM

Permanently Banned
Hahaha nurrff Axis

Buff alliesssss

It has started again people, get your tickets, soon the Ace Experience will be back in full swing :bananadance:
12 Sep 2015, 10:18 AM

Ah so it did receive some buffs. So its not just me imagining things. Snipes models left, right and center these days...
12 Sep 2015, 10:57 AM

The LeIG did got its accuracy (scatter) buffed significantly. see my post above.

Oh, i wounder, have played a strat up to 3 LeIG and worked pretty well pre patch, so for me it feels kind of the same. But sure the game should not be a pure domination of LeIG :o
12 Sep 2015, 17:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2015, 14:47 PMJadame!

IMO, british infantry should take less damage from indirect fire in general.

WHAT?!?!?!? Infantry types from different factions should have different amounts of damage applied with respect to the same damage type that affect all infantry?

A tommie soldier SHOULD take less AoE damage from arty/bombs/grenades than the equivalent of any other faction -- why??? A soft human target is a soft human target...unless you're a Brit OF COURSE...nerves of steel results in skin cells of steel?

Are you mad as a hatter? I hope you were trying to be ridiculous out of sarcasm and not just ridiculous...
12 Sep 2015, 17:34 PM

All these same buffs were given to the Pack Howitzer to, and it has larger AoE.
12 Sep 2015, 19:05 PM

I really don't like the way British emplacements are designed. In real life, the whole point of emplacements was that they were very resilient against artillery. A defensive emplacement that was weak to artillery wasn't an emplacement at all.

Emplacements SHOULD be weak to flame based weapons, but not in the way portrayed. I would like to see:

Emplacements gain more resilience to all artillery. It makes no sense for a mortar emplaement to lose to 2 leigs. The emplacement should win hands down due to its inability to move.

Emplacements can now be decrewed by flame based weapons. Flame based weapons have a chance of decrewing, but it will be a good chance. Grenades will also work for decrewing if you can get close enough (rnade probably wouldn't be able to).

All other weapons will stay just as effective, so a good strategy would be to decrew an emplacement, then use direct fire to destroy it when it can no longer be braced.

This way, the Brits force the enemies to come to them, rather than being forced to take the initiative and attack themselves (which is something Brits are terrible at, due to their cover requirements). It is simply bad design to fore the player that invested in a static build (also known as the British faction) to attack an enemy in order to make his army work in any way.

If you make Brits be the faction that people are forced to attack, and not the other way around, it will fix Brits in 1s and make emplacements a more dynamic and easily countered option.

+1 to this, I think Emplacements shouldn't be killed by arty (on or off map) but they should be vulnerable if unsupported against direct fire sources, such as tanks, panzershreks and flamethrowers (but not flame arty and other stuff like that).
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 44
Sweden 31
Poland 8
United States 14
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W