Login

russian armor

LeIG is too effective

PAGES (10)down
11 Sep 2015, 15:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2015, 23:28 PMcolgate
I don't know what changed but lelg and axis mortar too accurate like indirect sniper.

Knowing nothing but complain about :clap:

AOE Damage Profile was change from 1 /0.35 / 0.05 to 1/0.5/0.25

But its radius was reduced from 4 to 3.
11 Sep 2015, 15:36 PM

Facing double 120mm is pretty goddamn annoying as well, and we all know that unit has been through the shredder and back, through the shredder again, and back ect.

I think the new IEG is in a pretty good spot, however it seems really effective vs the Brits because they apparently don't enjoy having their emplacements shot at. So really I feel like most people who play Brits are going to automatically dislike anything that can reach out and touch their expensive emplacements...

It seems to function pretty similar to the pack howie and no one is calling that one OP, but then again most people are trying to play the British right now. Really don't think the faction was well designed at all, plus how the hell are there no alpha testing of these things?
11 Sep 2015, 16:38 PM

It's essentially a mortar with a longer reload and less AoE, what exactly in your mind makes the small 1 shot capability of the ISG not okay compared to that of the Pack Howis (which got buffed as well) and all the other light artillery such as mortars in the game?

The reason why you let it "sit there" is because it's barrage is shite.

EDIT: Again I should impress that this is the only MP only indirect available to OKW and a nerf to it would be a huge kick in the balls for OKW in 1v1 and 2v2 were you can't rely on your Ost friends turbo mortar to save you.

What are you talking about? I did not complain about the one shot ability and at what point did I address the Pack Howie? Stop attacking straw men.

You also conveniently left out all the things that separate ISG from a mortar, like its longer range, and green cover for crew. Part of the issue is also that the ISG can sit safely by the FHQ and just pound away at everything. The user has minimal input. While I find with the Howie I am constantly moving it to keep it in the fight without dying. Though I do agree that both of these units are very weird.

If you let mortars just sit then you are not using them right. Almost every time they barrage they should be on the move immediately after. They are close support weapons and they act like it. ISG acts like a cheap artillery piece which require minimal input from user.

Ignore the barrage on the ISG if you want, I use it regularly and find it quite useful. You don't use it all the time because letting the gun acquire and fire freely is more helpful since the suppression is best spread around.

A nerf appears to you to be a stat drop so that the unit functions less well. In my mind nerf means to change the unit so that it cannot fulfill the role it currently plays because it is unfair for other players. Here a nerf could mean a reduction in range but an increase in RoF or accuracy.
11 Sep 2015, 17:52 PM

What are you talking about? I did not complain about the one shot ability and at what point did I address the Pack Howie? Stop attacking straw men.

This unit is too mindless. Its long range allows it to be dropped in place by the player and left. There it can rack up kills without any input from player. The unit needs nerfs in some form.

What exactly did you mean by killing power then? Because it's killing power isn't any thing special compared to other light artillery.

You also conveniently left out all the things that separate ISG from a mortar, like its longer range, and green cover for crew.

It's got green cover because it can't be used behind shot blockers and be effective, you need to sit it on an open field/plain. And the clustering of the gun crew can be a blessing and a curse. It's range is also good to off set the fact it's AoE is relatively small compared to that of other light artillery pieces. In practice you won't be using that full range that often either.

Part of the issue is also that the ISG can sit safely by the FHQ and just pound away at everything.

Depends on an insane amount of factors from map, to cover, to truck placement to range of engagement ect.

The user has minimal input.

Welcome to every other light artillery piece in the game hombre.

If you let mortars just sit then you are not using them right.

Similarly with the ISG you need to move it around because shooting at max range won't get you very far, mortars can use shot blockers and whatnot to their advantage. With the ISG this is the opposite.

Ignore the barrage on the ISG if you want, I use it regularly and find it quite useful.

It's useful for shooting at emplacements or buildings, but it's so insanely buggy using it to shoot at infantry is just gimping yourself.

A nerf appears to you to be a stat drop so that the unit functions less well. In my mind nerf means to change the unit so that it cannot fulfill the role it currently plays because it is unfair for other players. Here a nerf could mean a reduction in range but an increase in RoF or accuracy.

If anything it needs it's vet fixed. Not a nerf.

EDIT: Can we like stop trying to kick OKW in the balls in 1's and 2's just because something might be to good in 3's and 4's were you can spam it.
11 Sep 2015, 18:12 PM
Donator 11

The reason why you let it "sit there" is because it's barrage is shite.

The barrage is actually quite good vs brits, even more so if you can manage to get 2 of them. It pretty much shuts down emplacement play from my experience.
11 Sep 2015, 18:12 PM

Permanently Banned
Needs cost increase, AOE nurf, ROF nurf, or all of the above.
11 Sep 2015, 18:45 PM

What exactly did you mean by killing power then? Because it's killing power isn't any thing special compared to other light artillery.

It's got green cover because it can't be used behind shot blockers and be effective, you need to sit it on an open field/plain. And the clustering of the gun crew can be a blessing and a curse. It's range is also good to off set the fact it's AoE is relatively small compared to that of other light artillery pieces. In practice you won't be using that full range that often either.

Depends on an insane amount of factors from map, to cover, to truck placement to range of engagement ect.

Welcome to every other light artillery piece in the game hombre.

Similarly with the ISG you need to move it around because shooting at max range won't get you very far, mortars can use shot blockers and whatnot to their advantage. With the ISG this is the opposite.

It's useful for shooting at emplacements or buildings, but it's so insanely buggy using it to shoot at infantry is just gimping yourself.

If anything it needs it's vet fixed. Not a nerf.

EDIT: Can we like stop trying to kick OKW in the balls in 1's and 2's just because something might be to good in 3's and 4's were you can spam it.

by your logic then the old 120mm mortar was ok...

this unit is too good for its cost and can win a game by itself(assuming you can protect with atleast 3 volks squads)

11 Sep 2015, 19:05 PM

leig is surprisingly accurate
11 Sep 2015, 19:10 PM

leig is over-performing.
11 Sep 2015, 19:11 PM

by your logic then the old 120mm mortar was ok...

this unit is too good for its cost and can win a game by itself(assuming you can protect with atleast 3 volks squads)

What is this, before it was a horrifically cost inefficient unit. Now after it's manpower cost reduction, it's opieOp?

The minor aoe change reduced it's overall radius (giving it less suppression capabilities) with a minor increase in killing radius, that's all

Wtf are with these over exaggerations? The pack howie kills twice as ell as this unit does and it's totally fine
11 Sep 2015, 19:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2015, 19:11 PMDraje

What is this, before it was a horrifically cost inefficient unit. Now after it's manpower cost reduction, it's opieOp?

The minor aoe change reduced it's overall radius (giving it less suppression capabilities) with a minor increase in killing radius, that's all

Wtf are with these over exaggerations? The pack howie kills twice as ell as this unit does and it's totally fine

because ppl dont need to use Pack Howi..like they have to, to Fight UKF :(
11 Sep 2015, 19:37 PM

because ppl dont need to use Pack Howi..like they have to, to Fight UKF :(

Especially against Brits. If the leig is nerfedinto oblivion like people in this thread want, the okw would literally be shit against the ukf. The leig is the only thing keeping the Brits at bay and too many people think they deserve to build their emplacements on the front lines and have it be unkillable. Without the leig okw would have no way to stop the sim city
11 Sep 2015, 19:43 PM

It's not overpowered. I don't recall anybody complaining about the LeIG before the Brits got added to the game. The problem is that the UKF's design - with small squads that need to be in cover to be effective and lots of static emplacements - makes them especially vulnerable to this weapon. A comparable situation would be, I dunno, the ML-20 against the OKW. It's not that the ML-20 is overpowered, it's just that it takes advantage of a fundamental weakness in the OKW's design.
11 Sep 2015, 19:44 PM

I feel like "surprisingly accurate" best describes how LeIG feels now - especially as close-mid range where it does feel like an arcing sniper at times. Its AOE is fine and its not wipey at all but its frustrating that it seems to pick off models a little too regularly.

It just gets rather bad on narrow maps or maps like Minsk pocket that turn is center VP clusterf*cks where OKW truck + 2 LeIG makes any infantry advance super painful the closer you get to the OKW lines. Also the ISG abusing the super range to randomly ding capping squads in the FOW due to LOS provided by the Point is pretty lame.

Slight decrease in close-mid/close accuracy and I think they are fine.... I also think the LeiG shouldn't turn to auto-target squads outside their cone either and that they should act like AT Guns... that would eliminate the "set it and forget it" aspect. Its great that its useful now (and maybe part of the problem is people just aren't used to the LeIG actually hitting anything) but slightly too accurate is what is subjectively feels like to me at any rate.
11 Sep 2015, 19:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2015, 19:37 PMDraje

Especially against Brits. If the leig is nerfedinto oblivion like people in this thread want, the okw would literally be shit against the ukf. The leig is the only thing keeping the Brits at bay and too many people think they deserve to build their emplacements on the front lines and have it be unkillable. Without the leig okw would have no way to stop the sim city

+1..i hope some 1 else dont say like "u got stuka"
pew pew stuka 1 click "brace" =wp
11 Sep 2015, 19:54 PM

What I don't get is the range of the unit, keep its performance but reduce the range at Pak Howi level. It is too easy to put it next to the PanzerHQ and don't micro it while its killing units. So easy that people actually build two of them in 1vs1.
Low risk high dps unit is what is it today. Just need to change to High risk high dps.
11 Sep 2015, 20:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2015, 19:11 PMDraje

wait mate did you just said the Pak Howitzer is better then the ISG?
you sure its better??

the Pack Howtzer is AWFUL in every turn,its scatter(or accuracy)is sooo bad that it barely makes itself useful and its durability is also awful(loses 4 men and the rest 2 leave the gun)its price is still unacceptable for the USF

"the little price decrease suddly made it better? stop whining"

little price decrease?? are you serious? and it also received supression buff,couple that with its ability to shut down infantry attacks to shut it down makes this unit stupid OP

"but before it was ok"
before not many people used it BUT now that the british have landed and their defencive nature this unit suddly gained SO MUCH VALUE for its mp that it simply overperforms its and shuts down a faction easily,and should the OKW get the chance to bring 2 into the game the british are killed

on the otherhand the soviets barely notice it(too busy killing axis with quads)and the americans barely find it difficult to beat(an m20 or stuart put it to rest esily)

BUT the british cant do a thing other then rush a cromwell,they also cant suffer loses AT ALL,do you know how manpower starved the faction is???

"so its does its role so whats the problem"
true it does BUT its too cheap for such performance and for that needs a simple price increase to 430mp(remember it outpeforms the Pack Howitzer)
11 Sep 2015, 20:28 PM
Patrion 14

I really don't like the way British emplacements are designed. In real life, the whole point of emplacements was that they were very resilient against artillery. A defensive emplacement that was weak to artillery wasn't an emplacement at all.

Emplacements SHOULD be weak to flame based weapons, but not in the way portrayed. I would like to see:

Emplacements gain more resilience to all artillery. It makes no sense for a mortar emplaement to lose to 2 leigs. The emplacement should win hands down due to its inability to move.

Emplacements can now be decrewed by flame based weapons. Flame based weapons have a chance of decrewing, but it will be a good chance. Grenades will also work for decrewing if you can get close enough (rnade probably wouldn't be able to).

All other weapons will stay just as effective, so a good strategy would be to decrew an emplacement, then use direct fire to destroy it when it can no longer be braced.

This way, the Brits force the enemies to come to them, rather than being forced to take the initiative and attack themselves (which is something Brits are terrible at, due to their cover requirements). It is simply bad design to fore the player that invested in a static build (also known as the British faction) to attack an enemy in order to make his army work in any way.

If you make Brits be the faction that people are forced to attack, and not the other way around, it will fix Brits in 1s and make emplacements a more dynamic and easily countered option.

11 Sep 2015, 20:33 PM

The reason why Emplacements take so much damage is they have like a million incoming damage modifiers, for instance all artillery has modifiers that do more damage to them AND the emplacement has an incoming damage modifier that increases the damage it takes. In the case of flame weapons you can end up with damage bonus's stacking like 5-6 times because emplacements fulfill so many categories of unit.

Basically they need to clean up their code and stop adding so many modifiers to everything.
11 Sep 2015, 20:44 PM

I just tested out the ISG and pack howie in several games. My conclusion is they are pretty much the same given some small differences. (ISG-longer range, a bit more accurate: Pack howie- better AOE and damage)

I haven't pulled any numbers yet from the files to compare, but I will try to do that later. Of course my assessment was from what I saw and how I felt, so I do not have any hard evidence to back my conclusions.(If you have any numbers to disprove me please do)

Overall, saying one needs a nerf and the other is fine is a little silly. Maybe some slight tweaks but no outright nerf hammers.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 40
unknown 31
Poland 14
unknown 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W