Login

russian armor

New Commanders Release

10 Sep 2015, 19:48 PM

Any idea of when the new batch commanders will be released? Excited for some new stuff on top of the UKF!
10 Sep 2015, 19:49 PM

I hope for the sptember patch will includes them.
10 Sep 2015, 19:57 PM
Donator 11

I would be very surprised to see anything before OCF, they are probably just focusing on the patch. My guess is at some point later in the year to cash in on holidays, but who knows.
10 Sep 2015, 19:57 PM

My theory is that Relic not release new commanders because they want to create custom commanders system.
10 Sep 2015, 20:28 PM

Yea it would be nice to see them with the patch. Any idea when it will be released this month?
10 Sep 2015, 20:36 PM

I don't think we will see custom commanders cause what would be the point of making these paid commanders? That would be unfair, but yea I would love that they add new commanders and actually instead of making custom commander let's say allow coh2 community make one commander per month or something like that.
10 Sep 2015, 21:08 PM

and maybe so did a new fraction Panzer Elite and new units from the year 1944
10 Sep 2015, 21:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2015, 21:08 PMluq1608
and maybe so did a new fraction Panzer Elite and new units from the year 1944

You're talking about OKW here.
10 Sep 2015, 21:21 PM

for me it's about the new fraction such as Panzer Elite is in coh 1 there are Hetzer tank destroyer Wespe STG IV and those vehicles in coh 2 silent
10 Sep 2015, 21:24 PM

Can we just bring back the kettengrad. seriously
10 Sep 2015, 21:27 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

If custom commanders are ever going to be introduced, I'm sure it will be only allowed to be used in custom games.
10 Sep 2015, 21:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2015, 21:27 PMSpanky
If custom commanders are ever going to be introduced, I'm sure it will be only allowed to be used in custom games.

Custom games will only be good when they put a side-lock on them so people don't constantly play all UKF.

Give us a damn side-lock relic, so we can force one team to be allies and the other to be axis.
11 Sep 2015, 01:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2015, 21:27 PMSpanky

I guarantee it, people would make the same OP combos and the meta would stagnate to everyone using the same crap. Plus commanders are big money, especially when they introduce good units.
11 Sep 2015, 02:20 AM

I guarantee it, people would make the same OP combos and the meta would stagnate to everyone using the same crap. Plus commanders are big money, especially when they introduce good units.

Spotting Scopes Hulldown Vet 3 (Elite Troops) Panther with Smoke and Command Panzer buff :megusta:
11 Sep 2015, 07:23 AM

If design will be correct, there is no chance for OPness of such commanders.
Just segregate abilities into 4 levels, make something like:
Level 1 - unlimited
Level 2 - 2
Level 3 - 1
Level 4 - 1

But for example if you go for level 4, you cannot use level 3, so you are forced to use level 1.

It's just an example, theory, according to which you cannot stack too good abilities together.

Also rememebr that they are Relic's commanders which need to be sold, so I belive only those can have combinations like SCAS+Tiger which will be forbidden for custom.
11 Sep 2015, 09:04 AM

If design will be correct, there is no chance for OPness of such commanders.
Just segregate abilities into 4 levels, make something like:
Level 1 - unlimited
Level 2 - 2
Level 3 - 1
Level 4 - 1

But for example if you go for level 4, you cannot use level 3, so you are forced to use level 1.

It's just an example, theory, according to which you cannot stack too good abilities together.

Also rememebr that they are Relic's commanders which need to be sold, so I belive only those can have combinations like SCAS+Tiger which will be forbidden for custom.

nah. they could just sell ability packages from now on, couldn't they?
11 Sep 2015, 09:10 AM

nah. they could just sell ability packages from now on, couldn't they?

Why resign from commanders for packages if you can sell commanders and single abilities? :P

11 Sep 2015, 09:14 AM

Can you guys stop being so excited about the idea of custom commanders?

The moment this thing gets implemented we'll have FOTM meta, where everyone uses exactly the same thing optimized by top players. Just look at ANY game that allows this kind of customization-everyone with a clue runs a single build, no exception, no variation, only noobs and newbies do other stuff. That isn't coh2 I'd want to play.

Also, the possibility of monetizing it, RANDOM PACKAGES OF SKILLS, isn't what I would like to see in non freemium game either.

I'd rather have new commander for each army released every 3-4 months.
11 Sep 2015, 10:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2015, 09:14 AMKatitof
Can you guys stop being so excited about the idea of custom commanders?

The moment this thing gets implemented we'll have FOTM meta, where everyone uses exactly the same thing optimized by top players. Just look at ANY game that allows this kind of customization-everyone with a clue runs a single build, no exception, no variation, only noobs and newbies do other stuff. That isn't coh2 I'd want to play.

Also, the possibility of monetizing it, RANDOM PACKAGES OF SKILLS, isn't what I would like to see in non freemium game either.

I'd rather have new commander for each army released every 3-4 months.

im not excited. i merely mentioned that relic will find a way to monetarize costum commanders, too
11 Sep 2015, 10:38 AM

im not excited. i merely mentione that relic will fin a way to monetarize costum commanders too

I'm not excited about it, because I know first hand how that monetization process goes.
And given how war spoils work, there is only one way to monetize that-random boxes with random loot, most of it being trash fillers with small chance for something actually decent.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight