Login

russian armor

Balance Preview Update 09/09/2015

PAGES (13)down
13 Sep 2015, 14:18 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2015, 14:07 PMRMMLz

I thought I'm the only one. For me, it happened only in 1 game as Ostheer. One of my MGs would not automatically fire and I had to order it to attack enemy units in its arc of fire. Same with the buildings.

This and it also cancels facing orders on its own, no matter how many times I told it to face a certain way, it would cancel it a few seconds later.
13 Sep 2015, 15:15 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2015, 14:07 PMRMMLz

I thought I'm the only one. For me, it happened only in 1 game as Ostheer. One of my MGs would not automatically fire and I had to order it to attack enemy units in its arc of fire. Same with the buildings.

Oh, for me it didnt even fire when I ordered it to attack units. Only the rifles fired.
13 Sep 2015, 15:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2015, 10:45 AMLooney
Can the USF lmg's be made 60 muni in stead of 70 now that abuse stance is removed?
And since it deals less damage then all other lmg's when using a single one, can you make it so the USF lmg's can shoot on the move like paratrooper ones? It'll encourage flanking/mobility, which is USF design.

There basically LMG42's you can give to any of your squads, so no.
13 Sep 2015, 16:07 PM

Soooooooooooo, will BOYS AT rifles of tommies have accuracy like PTRS, or we'll pretend they are fine with PTRS AT performance and shreck AI accuracy?
13 Sep 2015, 16:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2015, 07:07 AMRMMLz

You don't know the horror...

Croc is so ridiculous. PaK wall won't do jack shit since it wipes them in 2 seconds. It also gains vet quit fast, and that Vet3...

One Croc and an ATG, and they can push any line. Mediums also are not that effective, because even if you flank them, and even if every single shot penetrates (which they won't) it's gonna take for ever to finish it off, and in the mean time it will wipe your vetted MGs and PAK with its deathray.

In 2s, the only counter is Elefant.

Pakwall is shit if you are bad and don't spot for your stunning AT guns. Next time try to actually spread your units since I see you still have blob habits.
13 Sep 2015, 16:46 PM

Pakwall is shit if you are bad and don't spot for your stunning AT guns. Next time try to actually spread your units since I see you still have blob habits.

Wow, what a constructive opinion mate. I really didn't know I could spread out my units. Thanks a lot.
13 Sep 2015, 16:46 PM

You're sorry for the 45 minute delay? HAH! Oh how times have changed, you guys are awesome. We all love this. Keep it up!

+1 :D :clap:
13 Sep 2015, 17:36 PM

If you played more than one match, you would understand that it's not "basically LMG42's". LMG42 is better than it by far (without the defensive stance). Given to any troops is the counter weight you're basically saying??? THERE IS ONLY ONE TROOP to pick from as allies. Unless you are referring to the RE's lol.
13 Sep 2015, 19:52 PM

I disagree, this game throws history out the window and with all the goofy, rare vehicles we already have in game, one grenade change shouldn't "ruin" the experience. If it does then your knowledge of WWII is questionable. I won't argue against putting the Incin-nade on Sturms as then they make better assault infantry and getting a second one at the start of the game is more feasible. I will argue against all "Historical Accuracy" arguments.

I understand that the atmosphere created by the game is rather aiming for a cinematic experience, and not for a total simulation. A simulation would be less interesting, probablly.

However, there is things that are recognized by many. People who do not know such details as the production numbers of certain vehicles will stil recognize iconic items such as the german steel helmet, the typical american 'pineapple' grenades or... the german 'Stielhandgrenade'.

And that is my point. Of course, there is 'goofy, rare' vehicles - but many people wouldn't even recognize them as such, I suppose. It is about generating a cinematic ww2 experience, not a simulation. And there, the Stielhandgrenade actually helps as it is associated with ww2 by many. I would also dislike it if the regular grenade was removed from US Riflemen or UK Infantry Sections. They need such iconic items.

This is only my opinion of course.
13 Sep 2015, 20:27 PM

If you played more than one match, you would understand that it's not "basically LMG42's". LMG42 is better than it by far (without the defensive stance). Given to any troops is the counter weight you're basically saying??? THERE IS ONLY ONE TROOP to pick from as allies. Unless you are referring to the RE's lol.

At max range the LMG42 only does .3 more DPS. The 1919 (Riflemen) and LMG42 (Grens) are almost exactly the same. And yes since the removal of defensive stance equipping RE with weapons isn't a bad idea.

You can also get multiple 1919's on each squad, which isn't an option for LMG42's.
13 Sep 2015, 20:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2015, 19:52 PMFluffi

I understand that the atmosphere created by the game is rather aiming for a cinematic experience, and not for a total simulation. A simulation would be less interesting, probablly.

However, there is things that are recognized by many. People who do not know such details as the production numbers of certain vehicles will stil recognize iconic items such as the german steel helmet, the typical american 'pineapple' grenades or... the german 'Stielhandgrenade'.

And that is my point. Of course, there is 'goofy, rare' vehicles - but many people wouldn't even recognize them as such, I suppose. It is about generating a cinematic ww2 experience, not a simulation. And there, the Stielhandgrenade actually helps as it is associated with ww2 by many. I would also dislike it if the regular grenade was removed from US Riflemen or UK Infantry Sections. They need such iconic items.

This is only my opinion of course.

youre right man. i play coh2 for the cinematic ww2 experience and the stielhandgranaten :guyokay:
13 Sep 2015, 20:45 PM

No they're very similar, the MG 42 is negligibly better, in gameplay you will never notice a difference. Placebo and confirmation bias would be stronger than the differences between the two. And most importantly, you can double up.

LMG42: 6.517 - 9.430 - 9.407
M1919: 6.138 - 8.911 - 9.169
13 Sep 2015, 21:17 PM
Patrion 28

which would all seem to support lowering the cost on the 1919 as no other weapon charges extra so you can equip any squad with it.
13 Sep 2015, 21:25 PM

youre right man. i play coh2 for the cinematic ww2 experience and the stielhandgranaten :guyokay:

You may be sarcastic here but you are definitely playing CoH2 for the WW2 feel and the complexity provided by the gameplay. If you'd want to play for competition alone, you would choose a game without RNG and with mirrored maps and/or factions.
13 Sep 2015, 21:30 PM
Patrion 28

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2015, 21:25 PMQbix

You may be sarcastic here but you are definitely playing CoH2 for the WW2 feel and the complexity provided by the gameplay. If you'd want to play for competition alone, you would choose a game without RNG and with mirrored maps and/or factions.

i play because it's in better shape than dow2 :\
13 Sep 2015, 21:42 PM

which would all seem to support lowering the cost on the 1919 as no other weapon charges extra so you can equip any squad with it.

Er, no. 10 Munitions is the price of being able to double up or equip universally.
13 Sep 2015, 21:47 PM

Er, no. 10 Munitions is the price of being able to double up or equip universally.

10 munis was the price of defensive stance.
13 Sep 2015, 22:40 PM
Patrion 14

A single LMG is now more expensive then a LMG42 and does less damage to boot, you have to go 2 if you want to beat a single vet 3 Gren.

So let's see, rifleman are more expensive and need to spend 140 muni to beat Grens.

Imo there's something wrong here.

Edit: and accuracy on the move isn't worth for shit, they won't deal DPs like Obers do when they shoot on the move, they have 0.75 accuracy, while I think it was 0.25 for Paratroopers.
13 Sep 2015, 22:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2015, 22:40 PMLooney
So let's see, rifleman are more expensive and need to spend 140 muni to beat Grens.

Riflemen are getting a huge buff next patch.
13 Sep 2015, 22:43 PM
Patrion 14

Riflemen are getting a huge buff next patch.

We don't know that, 30% is overkill, I agree. 20% would've been better.
Let's see what Relic does, everything in the mod is still subject to change.

Edit: besides, I don't really see the point of you saying this. Rifleman are so bad in scaling, it was just needed.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS