Login

russian armor

Brit units and abilities

10 Sep 2015, 02:10 AM

Permanently Banned
I am getting sick of seeing entire units just vanish to the wonder weapons the Brits have. I have encountered multiple players that just rush a bofors, shutting down parts of the map and me not suspecting such a quick bofors immediately losing a squad because as soon as the bofors sees them they get insta deleted. This especially happens on Semoisky and Kholodny ferma.

if by some miracle I get to the late game after the bofors abuse, yes I have had certain players put 3 on the map rendering any offensive movement virtually impossible,I always get to face the crocodile.Now you might say, put tellers down and get a pak wall. Tellers never seem to damage Brit tanks that much, I have had multiple crocodiles, churchills and cromwells just run over my teller mines and not getting any damage. Paks simply can't kill the crocodile before it kills them.
Get a panther you say, sure I do get a panther, but here comes the RAF. Complete with rocket anti tank and anti infantry strafes, damaging and killing models in my base, denying me further offensive maneuvers with my tank or tanks, yeey. If this isn't enough, sometimes I get bombarded by like 7 planes that wipe an entire section of the map.

Now you might say, l2p noob, if the Brits can get their late game munitions abilities, you played bad and should deserve such punishment. I agree completely if this wasn't a l2p issue. All the brit players I play against on maps like Semoisky and Kholodny ferma don't play offensive, they simply rush a bofors, then go for another one and another one, getting two or three in total, denying me further movement and just camp the game out.
Untill I get multiple paks, which can get wiped easily by invisible commandos and multiple infantry sections, or get a heavier tank (medium tanks can get killed by the bofors sigh), I can't destroy them. I tried double mortars, they simply swarm the mortars or go after them with a wasp.

by this stage the crocodile appears, the camping brit has accumulated masses of ammo and can constantly reuse his RAF strafing support near my base sector, which will strike in my base sector. It will chase off my panther or any other tank I have.
I tried double panther once, the game dragged on longer and longer, me constantly losing more units due to trying to dislodge the camping brit, but it doesn't work. He simply gets a 17 pounder emplacement as well and gets 1 or 2 at guns. As soon as I attack, the at guns show up, the crocodile comes to fry my infantry and he pops the Strafing support, rendering my tanks useless in the face of this onslaught.

Now mind you, I don't mind getting out played by a better player, but this is just broken as fuaark. This is pretty much game breaking. Via this playstyle, you can not counter the brits, you can't counter the bofors, you can't counter the crocodile, you can't counter the RAF, since you don't have enough fuel to get a panther and an ostwind.

How on earth do you fight this cheese and abuse of broken game design and playstyle?

(rant and advice thread in one, directed at balance, because this is unbalanced as shit)
10 Sep 2015, 02:24 AM

Add this: Any unit that runs into a Cruiser Mk II is DEAD....even retreating doesn't save them, it takes 1-2 burst to wipe any axis squad. Not to mention killing pak40s/Racketten before they can get 1 penetrating hit, much less a second shot.

What we see is no comeback capability for Axis, once certain Brit units hit the field. By the time enough Axis armor can be accumulated to destroy them, the VP countdown (because you have no infantry or paks) means it's all over. Have seen it over and over and over again in mine and others' games.

Axis are constantly trying to play catchup with hard counters, because the allied stuff that threatens them the most ALWAYS comes out first. Flame WASP, AA HTs, the T70, multiple flamer clown cars, Cruiser. And the counter to these axis counters are already available or soon to come out, making them obsolete and the new counter needed. Paks/Racketten are NOT HARD COUNTERS due to squad size and mobility that allows easy counter by barrage or indirect fire, which always comes first too. (EVer try to run down a zis with nf??? it won't happen, but paks die easliy all the time... squad size) Always playing 'catchup' .... and now the same is true of late game Axis armor...It's playing catchup now too, and it's usually too late.
10 Sep 2015, 02:25 AM

Meanwhile the Luftwaffe 2cm Flak weeps in a corner, rarely able to kill 2 men before being decrewed or destroyed.
10 Sep 2015, 03:57 AM

Permanently Banned
And if you manage to beat their braced bofors with a combination of double mortars, 2 pak 40s and 2 stug 3s firing at it simultaneously and totally making a comeback after being held back for 80% of the game, you are suddenly a suspect c*nt. Brit players and their wonder weapons :foreveralone:

I needed double mortars, 2 pak 40s and 2 stug3s to attack the bofors simultaneously to kill it while it was braced. I couldn't get near it with infantry, since he had a horde of units with lmg brens and double vickers. He also had double at guns so I knew I would be sacrificing my Stug 3s, but it would be my last change to get it down. When the bofors was down, and both my stug 3gs sacrificed for the greater good, he couldn't hold me back anymore :foreveralone:

bofors was on the right side of this photo, near the burned out haystack, just next to the road. Making the vp a death zone.

Beating their beloved bofors and defeating their camping strategy definitely makes you a suspect c*unt guys.
This is the point I am trying to make, the bofors and brace promotes this campy exploit. Totally shutting down a vp and needing 70-80% of my army to fire at it simultaneously to destroy an emplacement Broken as F*ck :foreveralone:
10 Sep 2015, 04:12 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Don't leave your home without Spearhead doctrine.
10 Sep 2015, 04:16 AM

Permanently Banned
Don't leave your home without Spearhead doctrine.

Don't have the spearhead doctrine
10 Sep 2015, 04:22 AM

Some weird guy on twitch showed me a 5 Universal Carrier cheese-rush that managed to win him the game.

Brits seem flexible: a Bofors nerf won't hurt them too much.
10 Sep 2015, 04:32 AM

There ARE pending nerfs in the balance mod...

Which makes complaints about future nerfed units rather quizzical (asuuming Relic does actually implement them in live version).

Unless they are complaints about the balance mod.
10 Sep 2015, 04:33 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Don't have the spearhead doctrine

You have the default festung support though :snfPeter:
10 Sep 2015, 04:34 AM

Some weird guy on twitch showed me a 5 Universal Carrier cheese-rush that managed to win him the game.

yeah they need a nerf to their rate of fire. I think thats best for the bofors.
10 Sep 2015, 05:00 AM

Permanently Banned

You have the default festung support though :snfPeter:

I didn't realize I had the ultimate cheat and cheese for countering the brits. Thank you sir.
10 Sep 2015, 05:04 AM

Permanently Banned

He rushed 5 Universal Carriers? Lol, that must have been quite the surprise then.
10 Sep 2015, 05:27 AM

I didn't realize I had the ultimate cheat and cheese for countering the brits. Thank you sir.
Festung Support will give you the Mortar Halftrack, which is ESSENTIAL for countering Brit emplacements as Ost, but you should really consider buying Spearhead. It is just so damn useful against Brits. MHT, Panzer Tactician, Recon, and Tiger.
10 Sep 2015, 05:27 AM

The UKF will gradually get nerfed in time but they need to keep them strong for the moment so that people who buy the DLC will not have wasted money on something that is hard to play and win with. But this is just me pretending to know how things sell. In any case, yes, the Bofors is quite strong at the moment. Just sit tight. It already got a nerf. It won't be the last. As for the brace, I understand where you come from but they should give it an option to survive given the fact that it's a huge investment.
10 Sep 2015, 07:56 AM

I am getting sick of seeing entire units just vanish to the wonder weapons the Brits have. I have encountered multiple players that just rush a bofors, shutting down parts of the map and me not suspecting such a quick bofors immediately losing a squad because as soon as the bofors sees them they get insta deleted. This especially happens on Semoisky and Kholodny ferma.

if by some miracle I get to the late game after the bofors abuse, yes I have had certain players put 3 on the map rendering any offensive movement virtually impossible,I always get to face the crocodile.Now you might say, put tellers down and get a pak wall. Tellers never seem to damage Brit tanks that much, I have had multiple crocodiles, churchills and cromwells just run over my teller mines and not getting any damage. Paks simply can't kill the crocodile before it kills them.
Get a panther you say, sure I do get a panther, but here comes the RAF. Complete with rocket anti tank and anti infantry strafes, damaging and killing models in my base, denying me further offensive maneuvers with my tank or tanks, yeey. If this isn't enough, sometimes I get bombarded by like 7 planes that wipe an entire section of the map.

Now you might say, l2p noob, if the Brits can get their late game munitions abilities, you played bad and should deserve such punishment. I agree completely if this wasn't a l2p issue. All the brit players I play against on maps like Semoisky and Kholodny ferma don't play offensive, they simply rush a bofors, then go for another one and another one, getting two or three in total, denying me further movement and just camp the game out.
Untill I get multiple paks, which can get wiped easily by invisible commandos and multiple infantry sections, or get a heavier tank (medium tanks can get killed by the bofors sigh), I can't destroy them. I tried double mortars, they simply swarm the mortars or go after them with a wasp.

by this stage the crocodile appears, the camping brit has accumulated masses of ammo and can constantly reuse his RAF strafing support near my base sector, which will strike in my base sector. It will chase off my panther or any other tank I have.
I tried double panther once, the game dragged on longer and longer, me constantly losing more units due to trying to dislodge the camping brit, but it doesn't work. He simply gets a 17 pounder emplacement as well and gets 1 or 2 at guns. As soon as I attack, the at guns show up, the crocodile comes to fry my infantry and he pops the Strafing support, rendering my tanks useless in the face of this onslaught.

Now mind you, I don't mind getting out played by a better player, but this is just broken as fuaark. This is pretty much game breaking. Via this playstyle, you can not counter the brits, you can't counter the bofors, you can't counter the crocodile, you can't counter the RAF, since you don't have enough fuel to get a panther and an ostwind.

How on earth do you fight this cheese and abuse of broken game design and playstyle?

(rant and advice thread in one, directed at balance, because this is unbalanced as shit)

Yes, bofors it's a pain in the ass. I haven't played 1v1 against brits yet, but from my 2v2s I can tell that mortar ht works wonders against emplacement and especially bofors. It's to bad you don't own spearhead, was a good doctrine in the past now it's simply excellent. You still have festung which comes by default and I strongly suggest you use it. There is no other way to quickly deal with bofors.
I observed that the british players who trully know how to play are not relying on bofors, but 90% on mobile units. It's more efficient.
10 Sep 2015, 09:02 AM

I admit I haven't at all played enough on both sides yet to get a feel, but in the one game I played online against the brits I bombed out the bofors with one mortar that I covered with grens. They tried brace but that only delayed me a bit.
10 Sep 2015, 09:12 AM

Mortar Half Tracks are CoH2-players best friends!! If you've 2 + normal mortar you will deal really quickly with the brits. I would like to suggest to just buy the spearhead doctrine, since it's 1 of the best doctrines of the whole game :D
10 Sep 2015, 09:20 AM
Patrion 28

does cpt molotov now play brits?

do not choose festung support/spearhead until you see an emplacement though, in case they don't go with those. soon as you see an emplacement, grab one and pop out a MHT and start burning stuff. even better if you wait until brace wears off and then hit it with fire (edit: assuming the patch goes through and it can't be braced all the time).
10 Sep 2015, 16:19 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2015, 07:56 AMJohnnyB

Yes, bofors it's a pain in the ass. I haven't played 1v1 against brits yet, but from my 2v2s I can tell that mortar ht works wonders against emplacement and especially bofors. It's to bad you don't own spearhead, was a good doctrine in the past now it's simply excellent. You still have festung which comes by default and I strongly suggest you use it. There is no other way to quickly deal with bofors.
I observed that the british players who trully know how to play are not relying on bofors, but 90% on mobile units. It's more efficient.

Against a single Brit, you can force him into AEC with sniper into 222. If playing aggro, you can keep him out of building the Bofor with the 222. If it's a 90% abort at all cost. I've lost squads retreating before it was complete.

do not choose festung support/spearhead until you see an emplacement though, in case they don't go with those. soon as you see an emplacement, grab one and pop out a MHT and start burning stuff. even better if you wait until brace wears off and then hit it with fire (edit: assuming the patch goes through and it can't be braced all the time).

I'll add that you should distract him before using the flame barrage. If you can force his attention in another place, you have higher chances of destroying it before he activates brace.
10 Sep 2015, 16:41 PM

I fought once vs a Bofors and while it was braced I could nearly destroy it, the bofors became abandoned and I could get into it.
That was GG for the rest of the game. MVGAME
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS