Login

russian armor

Some thoughts about the Red Army

9 Sep 2015, 15:37 PM

Since I started playing CoH2, the Soviets were and are my favorite faction. It is a shame that so many people play the axis factions and don`t really look at the allies. Since the USF may get the Pershing in the near future, I see the problem about them fixed. But the Soviets remain with the bloody T34/76 as their best Tank, without using a commander and, let`s be honest, the T34/76 is not worth the resources right now. As soon as you get it, he enemy already has PAKs or even a P4, and as soon as a P4 gets on the field, the T34/76 is damned to stay defensive.

What I suggest is to put the T34/76 back to T3 while increasing its cost by a little. This way it gets out early enough to do something useful, besides suicide into heavy tanks. At the same time the KV1 (or maybe T34/85) should be added to T4. These tanks could counter the german P4 and finally get countered themselves by the Panther. Otherwise it feels like there were a gap between P4 and Panther.

If a german player wants to use CAS, he can do it without great thinking, because he nows that he can build a Panther if theres the need to. The Soviets are much more bound to commanders with call-of tanks. By making these changes, Relic would allow the soviets players to go for different strategies and make them more independent of commanders.

Finally a few words to the upcoming changes to the M5. If you upgrade it, it looses the ability to replenish your infantry. This makes you decide to go one of two ways: great firepower or replenishment. If we have to make this choice, why is there no way to improve its replenishment ability. What I`m thinking about is the ability to heal. Relic could add a upgrade, which allows to heal units near the vehicle, but maybe consumes one or both slots for carrying units or/and disables the machine gun on top of it or/and requires the medics in the base already purchased. The Soviets are a infantry heavy faction but at the same time, they are the only ones, who can`t heal their units out of their base. It surely would add greatly add to them and make playing them a lot more fun without destroying the balance.

Please let me know what you think about this and write your own opinion.
9 Sep 2015, 15:44 PM

+1

Would love to see the Kliment Voroshilov tanks get a rework, as KV-1 and KV-2 are both stuck in iffy commanders.

Also would love to see T-34-85 become stock in tier 4 and move the T-34-76 down to tier 3 to give more options.
9 Sep 2015, 15:45 PM

the t34/76 is an awful tank and it has been that way since the closed beta, relic refusal to buff the thing is mind blowing. They even nerfed its ROF, a few months back. they should just replace it with the t34,85 or the kv1 like you suggested. the m5 doesnt need to lose it ability to reinforce =, it just needed a damage nerf, but relic loves going over board
9 Sep 2015, 15:54 PM

The reason Soviets can't heal out of base if because cons cna Merge, remove that ability and yes they can have some out of base medics. Doesn't the FHQ heal?
9 Sep 2015, 15:58 PM

Another post about T-34/85 being stock unit, and another yes from me.
9 Sep 2015, 16:05 PM

The reason Soviets can't heal out of base if because cons cna Merge, remove that ability and yes they can have some out of base medics. Doesn't the FHQ heal?

I'm pretty sure FHQ can heal, but it's only in one commander, which lacks a good call in tank so it's not used as much, which is the point of this topic, to make more viable stock units.

Also doesn't merging conscripts have downsides, such as shock troops losing durability if you replace their models with conscript models?
9 Sep 2015, 16:28 PM

lol merge please, everytime some one brings that up as an argument i laugh
Hux
9 Sep 2015, 16:33 PM
Patrion 14

KV-1s to T4 I say, having access to tanks that can take a solid beating, like the KV can, in T4 would synergise really well with 76s I'd imagine. The KV could take the punishment and the speed of 76's would promote flanking attacks against heavier axis armour and pak walls.

I'd keep the 85 as doctrinal, maybe swap it with the KV-1 in counter attack seeing as the B4 is pretty easily countered by arty. Having the 85 in T4 would be a no brainier every time, especially because it would likely be tied to t4. There'd be little to no situation where getting a 76 would be more beneficial, you'd never see them get used (like now...)
9 Sep 2015, 16:37 PM

good suggestions morrodes
9 Sep 2015, 17:05 PM

I wouldn't really say that so much, Soviets has pretty much always had a decent sized player base and I have always found them pretty enjoyable.

The T34/76 for sure though needs something done about it, not only is it fairly weak but really does not feel like a T4 tank. I know they are suppose to weak and to a certain point something to spam/rush with but at the moment they just don't seem to fit any role.

Without a doubt the m5 needed a nerf of some sort but the reinforcement one wasn't it. Would have made more sense to actually nerf the problems with the quad rather than take away the ability to reinforce. I don't like the idea of giving it the ability to heal though, I think it would make more sense to nerf the suppression and damage and keep its ability to reinforce.

On the plus side though, even relic just looking at the partisans has given me some hope for future commanders, is getting slightly boring either shocks or guards nearly every game.

9 Sep 2015, 17:29 PM

I think T34/76 should have a rate of fire buff, also its penetration is much too inconsistent, make it closer to the Panzer IV's.

Molotovs need price reduction or buff, the latest Balance Preview Update halved its damage on impact, they were crap before, now nobody's going to use them.

Conscripts need some sort of late game buff, they just get shredded by LMG Grenadiers. Maybe a DP-28 upgrade unlocked at T4.
9 Sep 2015, 17:49 PM

Conscripts need some sort of late game buff, they just get shredded by LMG Grenadiers. Maybe a DP-28 upgrade unlocked at T4.

Really not a bad idea.
9 Sep 2015, 18:04 PM

Did not think that the KV-1 in the appropriate T4, this tank 1941-1942 (KV-1S released until 1943), more pertinent KV-85 / IS-1
9 Sep 2015, 18:12 PM

Permanently Banned
Yeah great suggestions! Should make the t34-76 equal to the P4 and give the KV1 and the t34-76 some better veterancy. Remove the awful ramming ability and give it some worthy veterancy abilities.

If KV1 is added in t4, the su76 should again be reworked. Can see the KV1 with double su76 meta already.
9 Sep 2015, 18:12 PM

Really not a bad idea.

they will be getting buffed, at least in the balance preview mod they are
9 Sep 2015, 18:13 PM

Permanently Banned
Did not think that the KV-1 in the appropriate T4, this tank 1941-1942 (KV-1S released until 1943), more pertinent KV-85 / IS-1

Is1 and KV85s were just stopgaps before the Soviets came up with the t34-85 and the IS2, don't think they should be added to the game.
9 Sep 2015, 18:16 PM

If we are going to talk about history: The t34 was actually better than the P4 and the reason, why the germans developed the panther.
9 Sep 2015, 18:18 PM

Remove the awful ramming ability and give it some worthy veterancy abilities.

Why not actually adding some meaning to it? Why not add some powerful consequences of ramming vehicles from the back? Why is T-34/76's role being the cheap throwaway tank that can do some good with numbers, flanking and micro, yet after flanking, microing and executing a good ram nothing really happens?

I really wish I could answer these questions :snfBarton:

If we are going to talk about history: The t34 was actually better than the P4 and the reason, why the germans developed the panther.

[/76]1941 P4's yes. 1944 P4's no.
9 Sep 2015, 18:20 PM

Permanently Banned

Why not actually adding some meaning to it? Why not add some powerful consequences of ramming vehicles from the back? Why is T-34/76's role being the cheap throwaway tank that can do some good with numbers, flanking and micro, yet after flanking, microing and executing a good ram nothing really happens?

I really wish I could answer these questions :snfBarton:

[/76]1941 P4's yes. 1944 P4's no.

I think we need to abandon the "throw away tank" concept entirely. It costs 80 fuel, not something you want to throw away, it should be useful. It was the deadliest tank in 1941 and 1942, not the best means to a throw away until you can get something better tank.

Also, the t34-76 1942 model could go head to head with a Panzer IV from 1943 with the longer barreled 75 mm gun. People think the t34-76 was shit, it wasn't, it had a very good gun, but it was outdated by the end of 43.

9 Sep 2015, 18:23 PM

I think we need to abandon the "throw away tank" concept entirely. It costs 80 fuel, not something you want to throw away, it should be useful. It was the deadliest tank in 1941 and 1942, not the best means to a throw away until you can get something better tank.

I agree while I was merely adapting to Lelic's will in my previous post, as I believe nothing will change about /76 :snfBarton: :hansRAGE:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★