Login

russian armor

Balance Preview Update 09/08/2015

PAGES (18)down
8 Sep 2015, 18:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Sep 2015, 17:41 PMnigo

T34 Population increased from 8 to 10 to prevent overwhelming numbers of the tank

:*( Why..
Any 1?..is this necessary?..

I am very pleased with the new change to partisans. MP44 sounded really silly and the fact they have taken steps to make it MP40 is convincing me that the staff do pay attention to our complaints.

Mmm...I can taste the camouflage already, all those close up shooting is going to be great.

I've updated my balance preview mod, but i can't see any of the changes. Any help?
bC_
3 of 6 Relic postsRelic 8 Sep 2015, 18:54 PM
Developer Relic Badge

some more updates.

Fixed issue with infantry section vet 3 scoped rifles providing a dps decrease instead of an increase

Handheld Flamethrowers ONLY:
Fire Aim Time
Post firing aim time increased to 0.5
AOE
AOE Accuracy changed from 0.6/2.8/5 to 15/15/15
AOE radius changed from 4 to 2
AOE damage distance changed from 0.4/0.7/1 to 1/1/1
AOE damage friendly changed from 0.25/0.625/1 to 0.25/0.25/0.25
AOE distance changed from 2/1.5/1 to 2/2/2
Behaviour
Reaction radius changed from 2.1 to 2.5
Burst
Burst duration changed from 1/0.5 to 1/1
Cover
Dmg multiplier vs garrison cover increased from 1 to 2
Dmg multiplier vs heavy cover increased from 1 to 2
Dmg multiplier vs light cover increased from 1 to 1.25
Dmg changed from 8 to 16
Tracking
Weapon tracking speed horizontal changed from 90 to 45
8 Sep 2015, 18:54 PM

Can someone explain how the Jagdtiger is only a little more expensive than a Tiger I?

I think it is because the Tiger has more utility than the JT. What I mean by this is that the Tiger can effectively engage all targets, as the JT is purely AT.

bC_
4 of 6 Relic postsRelic 8 Sep 2015, 18:56 PM
Developer Relic Badge

:*( Why..
Any 1?..is this necessary?..

it was 12 before, we brought it down to 8, was too low so now its at 10.
bC_
5 of 6 Relic postsRelic 8 Sep 2015, 18:56 PM
Developer Relic Badge

I think it is because the Tiger has more utility than the JT. What I mean by this is that the Tiger can effectively engage all targets, as the JT is purely AT.

you have to also take into account OKW resource personality as it is harder to accumulate that amount of fuel.
8 Sep 2015, 18:57 PM

Why do you guys insist on turning heavies into these counter-all vehicles all the sudden. Weren't we working away from a heavy tank meta..

There is no more heavy tank meta, they were limited to 1. So their commanders are picked less so we see less heavy tanks in game, cant remember last time when i saw IS2/tiger two matches in a row...
Cant even remember last time i saw a Jagdtiger, after huge nerf i saw it maybe two times. Price decrease was necessary.
8 Sep 2015, 18:58 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Heavy tanks are well in coh2live, no need to change in balance preview. Why touch tanks that are good?
8 Sep 2015, 18:58 PM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Sep 2015, 18:54 PMbC_
some more updates.

Fixed issue with infantry section vet 3 scoped rifles providing a dps decrease instead of an increase

Fast and furious on that :P. Keep coming Relic.
8 Sep 2015, 18:59 PM

Okay why is the King Tiger, Tiger, and Jagdtiger being buffed. These are the changes I am strongly against. Brits and flame definitely needed to be nerfed, but there is absolutely no reason why these heavy tanks need a buff.

These heavy tanks were good enough! That +5 on the Tiger and King Tiger is gonna make the tank way too safe when its shooting especially considering how much armor it has. Honestly this is going to create more incentive for heavy tank gameplay. I suggest reverting the King Tiger, Tiger, and Jagdtiger buff. Think about team games where fuel is a plenty!!!

Can someone explain how the Jagdtiger is only a little more expensive than a Tiger I?

To start: the KT and JT haven't been all that viable in the current climate due to the former being to easy to kill relative to it's speed (IS2 armor with half the IS2's speed but several times the cost) and the JT came so late and at such a cost that an Elefant was a much better option. The cost decrease for the JT just brings it to the Elefants cost, although that's not counting for the fuel penalty.

The reason why the Elefant was more attractive is A. Spotting scopes, B. Far, Far more mobility, C. No stunlock gimmick, and D. traversal gun.

The Tiger +5 range buff is semi-problematic because it gets 10 more range at vet 2, but the KT's vet is kind of a joke for such an expensive late game unit that has a hard time getting veterancy.

8 Sep 2015, 19:01 PM

can you guys nerf the brits flame stuff? such as the wasp (UC upgraded with flamethrower) and the CROC. I know you guys have a P2W agenda to fulfill with the new brit commanders, but this is really broken. Thanks!
8 Sep 2015, 19:01 PM

Looks like Relic decided to give both Tiger tanks more range. I like it.
8 Sep 2015, 19:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Sep 2015, 18:56 PMbC_

you have to also take into account OKW resource personality as it is harder to accumulate that amount of fuel.

Of course, I thought that kind of went without saying :luvDerp:
Patrion 15

Why do you guys insist on turning heavies into these counter-all vehicles all the sudden. Weren't we working away from a heavy tank meta..

There is no reason give heavy tanks longer ranges to deal with tank destroyers. Tank destroyers are supposed to kite heavy tanks. Is that not obvious?

To deal with this,you support your heavy tank with 50-60 range units...
The KT literally does not need this. Just park a Jp4(which flat out beats SU85s and jacksons) right next to it..

Same with tiger,even though its harder since they lack a 60 range TD(SO BUFF THE STUG TO BE INLINE WITH OTHER FACTIONS 60 RANGE TD's,NOT THE TIGER. #JustRelicBalancing),park double paks,or a couple stugs with a halftrack to reinforce paks that were hit by artillery.

I dont understand. Please dont put this in live. And if youre planning on giving a pershing(when its added) 45-50 range,please reconsider. Its only moving towards taking away from late game combined arms.

The other changes are +1 btw,but why go 4-5 steps forward and 1 step back.

I'm with cookiez 100% on this one, I don't see how extra range on the heavies is needed.

can you guys nerf the brits flame stuff? such as the wasp (UC upgraded with flamethrower) and the CROC. I know you guys have a P2W agenda to fulfill with the new brit commanders, but this is really broken. Thanks!

Already did in previous balance mod.
8 Sep 2015, 19:03 PM

Should the IS2 get 45 range so it is harder to kite with a JP4, Stug, or Panther?
8 Sep 2015, 19:05 PM

Should the IS2 get 45 range so it is harder to kite with a JP4, Stug, or Panther?

Heavy tanks should get 70 range to counter Elefant/ISU better.
8 Sep 2015, 19:05 PM

So... Should not IS2 also get range buff?
I know its not facing so often 60 range TD but still.. (I can live with KT but vet 2, 56 range Tiger? Damn...)

Do you think about fixing some old commanders which became useless after so many changes during last year?

In first place, I have on my mind soviet industry with KV2 which is really useless, like the whole doctrine + 2 repairing abilities for ammo (its like giving CAS 2 different recons).
Sturmovnik strike, Thompsons for crew etc etc
8 Sep 2015, 19:06 PM
Patrion 15

Also, I really really love how quickly these issues are being addressed through feedback from these threads and the discussion that is going on here. I've never seen so many good changes in such a short time from Relic. Seriously guys, keep it up!
PAGES (18)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS