Login

russian armor

Balance Preview Update 09/08/2015

PAGES (18)down
9 Sep 2015, 09:23 AM

The assertion that the KT buff was not needed just because you can "stick a JPIV next to it" is silly because it's like saying "why not stick 3 IS2's on it?" or "Why not just build 8 SU-76's?"
9 Sep 2015, 09:29 AM

We don't.

We have statistics of active players, if these start go down, we start to care(well, we do care about the communities of our games, but we don't care about "I quit" posters, they never quit anyway, yes, we can check that effortlessly).

"I quit" posts are included in community mood reports only if half of the forum is suddenly full with them.
Single one is as much of a reason to laugh for as as it is for fellow players laughing at you atm.

oh you are a Relic developer ? In the light of that new information, I would suggest you start developing life instead. 6K gameforum posts fact makes me rofl more than any change note ever did. :rofl:

I even filled that monkey uninstall survey, so reasons why I left are noted somewhere I guess.

and Catherine, please, your every new post statistically makes this much 1,638538423726036e-4 meaning. So, just pretend you don't exist, it's just as effective. :rolleyes:

9 Sep 2015, 09:29 AM

And you're basically saying "why should I support heavies" alex...

@$nuffy

Not relics, but game designer none the less.

But I can pretend that you don't exist, which will be for the best of this thread.
9 Sep 2015, 09:38 AM

BTW Relic you now need to reduce fuel research cost of Molotov.

Or else. :p
9 Sep 2015, 09:40 AM

Theres other game modes (I assume you play 3v3/ 4v4) where Elephant is never used and Tiger is all the time (1v1).
No, I play exclusively 1v1 and 2v2s. Didn´t have another game mode in more than a year. In 2v2 at least the Elefant doc is a "must have". Stuka + recon for artillery, Elefant for vehicles.

Also the KT should have better vet rather than that 5 range more.
9 Sep 2015, 09:42 AM
Donator 11

The t34 change is also bullshit - it needs to be 8 so that the tank works as a support armour unit for the rest of your combined arms force. I would have to see a T34 buff in order to like this change.

'Balancing' the unit up to 10 in case someone spams T34's ignores the fact that T34's are shit and germans have abundant AT at their disposal.

This is a blatant Relic error that tries to constrain the SU faction because it doesn't want T34's to be any good. But it's still the wrong decision to make, guys.
punish the SU player for spamming them.

The T34 has a popcap of 12 in the current live version - this is still a buff - maybe not enough - have you tested the change or is this just conjecture?
9 Sep 2015, 09:45 AM
Senior Caster Badge

King Tiger and Tiger Range buff is very questionable. Yes Heavies get countered by Tank Destroyers, that is literally the point of them. Super heavy anti everything tanks that can take a massive beating, wipe infantry and AT guns incredibly easily and dual medium tanks should be countered by Tank Destroyers which are incredibly fragile, slow and lack Anti infantry entirely. The only advantage is range, since penetration is not consistent enough for high DPS.

With such little range advantage what is even the point of Tank Destroyers? SU-85's and Jacksons are really going to need a buff if that change goes through, (which it shouldn't) they are already difficult to use as it is and very map dependant. Tank Destroyers should be countered by Infantry Based AT (Shreks, Bazookas and AT Guns) definitely not anti everything heavies.
9 Sep 2015, 09:47 AM

Permanently Banned
King Tiger and Tiger Range buff is very questionable. Yes Heavies get countered by Tank Destroyers, that is literally the point of them. Super heavy anti everything tanks that can take a massive beating, wipe infantry and AT guns incredibly easily and dual medium tanks should be countered by Tank Destroyers which are incredibly fragile, slow and lack Anti infantry entirely. The only advantage is range, since penetration is not consistent enough for high DPS.

With such little range advantage what is even the point of Tank Destroyers? SU-85's and Jacksons are really going to need a buff if that change goes through, they are already difficult to use as it is and very map dependant.

Agreed, SU85 and Jacksons are shit
9 Sep 2015, 09:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Sep 2015, 09:42 AMArray

The T34 has a popcap of 12 in the current live version - this is still a buff - maybe not enough - have you tested the change or is this just conjecture?

There's no conjecture in what I wrote...
9 Sep 2015, 09:54 AM

sovietssovietssovietssovietssovietssovietsI don't understand the comet hp nerf, especially since it barely has an influence on the tank vs tank match up. it only affects weapons which don't deal 160 dmg, for instance shreck, puma and kt.
9 Sep 2015, 09:55 AM

And you're basically saying "why should I support heavies" alex...

Which is a lot harder for a faction that isn't drowning in fuel and has no 60 range AT gun. Now that they fixed it for the Tiger I there's no reason why it will be an issue on the Tiger II.
9 Sep 2015, 10:20 AM

Which is a lot harder for a faction that isn't drowning in fuel and has no 60 range AT gun. Now that they fixed it for the Tiger I there's no reason why it will be an issue on the Tiger II.

One might think this is one of the reasons why they can have affordable a horde of cheap infantry with great scaling and hard AT to advance before your tank, pressing TDs while heavy tank advances with them and deals with AI/med armor threats.

But yea, maybe you're right, maybe you are supposed to YOLO spearhead your heaviest armor alone, with no support at all and expect it to deal with everything alone and then screaming "underpowered!" when it gets killed :snfBarton:
9 Sep 2015, 10:29 AM

15 range is still more than enough to kite slow heavy tanks. You can kite Panthers with Jacksons, why would anyone have problems in a 45 vs 60 match up
9 Sep 2015, 10:37 AM

Although I think that 45 for Tigers is nice buff, Im not sure if it is best way.
I mean, they are heavies with advantage of HP and armor.
Making 45 wont help against 60 range.
But there are other things which would help.
Keep 40 range but buff KT armor to 400/425 and increase Tiger's armor by 40 or health to 1280.
This would suit more to heavies than range buff.
9 Sep 2015, 10:39 AM

15 range is still more than enough to kite slow heavy tanks. You can kite Panthers with Jacksons, why would anyone have problems in a 45 vs 60 match up

The issue isn't really the 45 range, but 55 range tiger gets with vet.
9 Sep 2015, 10:43 AM
Senior Caster Badge

In theory yes, except for when the majority of maps are urban or just contain lots of shotblockers and choke points preventing Tank Destroyers from reliably making use of their 60 range. There is a reason why Airbourne is the only viable commander for USF in team games. You can't play without P47.
9 Sep 2015, 10:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Sep 2015, 00:27 AMbC_
add some things

Tiger and Tiger Ace Vet 2 sight bonus reduced from 10 to 5
Added more of a stagger of time between the planes of Stuka Close Air Support
Fixed rifleman sandbag requirement so u can build it right off the bat

brad the new close air support is not good as previous one maybe make damage from 60 to 90.....also does the reduction in 120 damage to 60 affect close air support single strafe and finally most important king tiger is in dire need of buff and jagdtiger very high buff,remove the stupid dazed mechanic from get go and give vet 5 bonus of increased damage of 480 from 320.....as well as isu 152 needs to be heavily looked at and also usf needs some heavy tank like in taht it can take a lot of hits.

edit:nevermind the king tiger and jadtiger talk just read the changelog but still jadtiger vet 5 bonus is still silly introducing a purposefull weakness and and removing it a vet 5 lol what and where is the churchill health nerfs and avre is completely overshadowing sutrmtiger which should be other way around since st costs more maybe let it have an automatic shared cooldown like avre remove manual reload and the decrew and immobile mechanics while reloading and make vet 5 increased damage and aoe....all n all nice changes.
9 Sep 2015, 10:48 AM

brad the new close air support is not good as previous

That was the whole point of change.

Old deals 120, new one deals 60x2 and you want to buff it? Get a grip.
9 Sep 2015, 10:49 AM

Man, it's great knowing that you guys read these forums and respond to feedback. Keep up the good work!

+ fucking 1.This is awesome.
9 Sep 2015, 11:01 AM

That was the whole point of change.

Old deals 120, new one deals 60x2 and you want to buff it? Get a grip.

the new delay makes it worse that was my point so a little increase in damage is required to compensate now the stagger time give player more opportunity to move there units on top of the 1.5 second delay nerf it got......its like putting a silver spoon in the mouth of allies...they should be punished if they cant keep up micro after all these changes
PAGES (18)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS