Login

russian armor

Community effort to create native language option

18 Sep 2015, 22:57 PM
Patrion 14

I just received news from Kyle, he's gonna discuss it with the game team and as soon as he hears more from then, he'll keep you lot posted :)
18 Sep 2015, 23:03 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

19 Sep 2015, 01:15 AM

Oh yeah :3

this is good news for the most part. it would serve them in their best interests if they green-lit this native language community project.
19 Sep 2015, 01:18 AM
Patrion 14

My suggestion would be, in order to speed things up, to have a few very refined proposals at the ready. When you guys get the green light , you could send your proposals over to Relic so they have something to work with. Just my two cents, I know from experience that Relic really appreciates detailed suggestions and tries to take as much as possible into account.
19 Sep 2015, 01:33 AM

My suggestion would be, in order to speed things up, to have a few very refined proposals at the ready. When you guys get the green light , you could send your proposals over to Relic so they have something to work with. Just my two cents, I know from experience that Relic really appreciates detailed suggestions and tries to take as much as possible into account.

lol i kno after or if this thing gets green lit my role in this project will likely come to an end because i am no coder/programmer. my role was to spread and keep the message strong and that's what i did. maybe if im lucky i'll post the now hiring signs for kothre in regards to looking for coders and programmers...
19 Sep 2015, 01:36 AM
Patrion 14

lol i kno after or if this thing gets green lit my role in this project will likely come to an end because i am no coder/programmer. my role was to spread and keep the message strong and that's what i did. maybe if im lucky i'll post the now hiring signs for kothre in regards to looking for coders and programmers...

No need for coders nor programmers, that's on Relic's end. What you need is suggestions, advice, tips, ideas and proposals. For example (since I'm a marketing guy), you present your marketing plan to Relic and Relic will transform it into an actual campaign :)
19 Sep 2015, 01:51 AM

Would it be possible to have it play native voices for enemy factions only, or would that be too complicated or extra work?
19 Sep 2015, 22:47 PM

Would it be possible to have it play native voices for enemy factions only, or would that be too complicated or extra work?

im sure both relic and the community will find a way to make it work. its just a matter of strong communication and coordination with the two that counts.
19 Sep 2015, 23:39 PM

Thanks, Von Kluge! And thanks, Big Red 1. You've been quite helpful as well. I can definitely make a detailed proposal once I know exactly what the process would entail. I have no idea if Relic just needs help exporting individual voice lines, actually coding, etc. I do have programming experience, so I can contribute on that end, and I'm sure other community members could, too.

At the very least, I think advertising the campaign in the in-game hub would be a great start.
20 Sep 2015, 00:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2015, 23:39 PMKothre
Thanks, Von Kluge! And thanks, Big Red 1. You've been quite helpful as well. I can definitely make a detailed proposal once I know exactly what the process would entail. I have no idea if Relic just needs help exporting individual voice lines, actually coding, etc. I do have programming experience, so I can contribute on that end, and I'm sure other community members could, too.

At the very least, I think advertising the campaign in the in-game hub would be a great start.

well what are we waiting for? someone (be it a relic guy or someone who has connections) make a post/advertisment on the in-game hub! but of course relic has admin rights over this...
20 Sep 2015, 00:24 AM
Donator 11

Can you guys post new good lines ? like (on german)

- Hans mach schneller wir müssen uns beeilen !

- Wir haben´s geschafft, wo ist das Bier ?

Or somthing some NEW lines from the Community
20 Sep 2015, 01:52 AM

For what it's worth, I can know a little Russian, so I can at least match the lines with their written counterpart. I can't imagine very many forum members here can even read Cyrillic text.
20 Sep 2015, 09:25 AM
Donator 11

Process would entail:

Step 1: Coding
- Extract speech lines from SGA of german and russian version of CoH2 for german and soviet factions
- Create new SGA with english, german and russian speech files for the respective factions

Step 2: Implementation
- Make the new SGA downloadable via steam (lets call it "multilanguage" for example) in the same menu where you can switch language

Done.

One guy even posted the extracted speech files in this very thread. Its really just the work of a day for a competent person.
20 Sep 2015, 11:44 AM
Patrion 14

Don't expect this to be advertised in the in game hub until it's absolutely perfect...
20 Sep 2015, 12:15 PM

I meant advertise it to get people to help on it. Though from the way UberHanz made it sound, that probably won't even be necessary as the process doesn't seem like it would take that long.
20 Sep 2015, 17:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Sep 2015, 12:15 PMKothre
I meant advertise it to get people to help on it. Though from the way UberHanz made it sound, that probably won't even be necessary as the process doesn't seem like it would take that long.

Time to post the Now Hiring signs! for both forums! until relic gives us the go-ahead to post advertisement of our own.
22 Sep 2015, 18:45 PM

bumping it up lets keep reminding relic we want this in the game and we (the community) are willing to get our hands dirty
23 Sep 2015, 08:48 AM

Hearing Germans speak German in CoH1 made them so much cooler and made the game so much more immersive.

Now that we have possibility for 3 languages, this is a must. I made numerous posts requesting this on the official forums many moons ago but gave up hope.

If it's a mod, can we still use it in automatch?
23 Sep 2015, 15:01 PM

Hearing Germans speak German in CoH1 made them so much cooler and made the game so much more immersive.

Now that we have possibility for 3 languages, this is a must. I made numerous posts requesting this on the official forums many moons ago but gave up hope.

If it's a mod, can we still use it in automatch?

we dont intend to make a mod but as an actual feature option to be implemented into the game thats the plan i think. all we gotta do is get relic's approval for this project
23 Sep 2015, 15:15 PM

Wish there was a way to "like" stuff on this forum.

I would love this option and I know everyone else I play with would as well.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★