Login

russian armor

Small tweaks to British teching

5 Sep 2015, 09:46 AM

The main problem in British army is, that they have great units, but lack too much manpower.

Tommies
-From 280 mp -> 260 mp. Reduce reinforce cost. Atm they are not worth of the manpower, i feel they lose too easily to grenadiers sometimes, and they lose even to pioneers if they rush tommies.

Vickers
-From 280 mp -> 260 mp Reduce reinforce cost. Vickers is a great MG for sure, but its simply too expensive and lacks vet 1 ability.

Fighting early garrisons is too hard, you cant get any flamers without bren carrier (and you can get a flamer to it in 8 minutes, which can be gg for germans already) So give grenades to tommies without research from the start. Mortar does not arrive in early game.

At the moment you must first research T1, and then you can research grenades, which takes too much manpower and fuel, meanwhile you would like to get some brens or squad size to fight LMG grens and vetted volks. So if you you research both, grenades and brens you havent got MP and fuel for AEC/AT Gun and you are ready to be overrun by a 222 or Flaktrack.

5 Sep 2015, 09:49 AM

I think that the grenades are useless, they should go like OKW, when you tech up, they are unlock
5 Sep 2015, 10:20 AM

good changes like it
5 Sep 2015, 17:58 PM

260 mp for a Tommie squad sounds like a good idea.
5 Sep 2015, 18:38 PM

And 280 mp for Tommie if 5th squadmember upgraded.
5 Sep 2015, 18:41 PM
Patrion 14

Nah. Tommies and vickers need to cost 280 to justify their veterancy.

I definetly agree about the grenade though. It should either be a reliable way to clear buildings, or it should be a riflenade to reinforce British ranged infantry combat.

Currently it's a short range grenade on a long range squad that is not even that good (the grenade that is).
5 Sep 2015, 18:46 PM

Nah. Tommies and vickers need to cost 280 to justify their veterancy.

as katitof said in another threat: so volks should cost 300mp bc of their veterancy or obers 600mp or okw p4 which gets a real machine with vet4/5 500 mp 160f ? NO! bc its bullpudding

feel free to convince me...
5 Sep 2015, 18:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2015, 18:46 PMUrmel

as katitof said in another threat: so volks should cost 300mp bc of their veterancy or obers 600mp or okw p4 which gets a real machine with vet4/5 500 mp 160f ? NO! bc its bullpudding

In cover Tommies will beat Grens and Volks fairly handily. Tommies also have Panzergren Received Accuracy starting right off the bat and when vetted up have .528 rec acc making them at 5 men one of the most durable squads in the entire game. They also can be upgraded with 2 LMG's non-doctrinally.

The only thing Tommies need atm is to have their buggy as Scoped Lee Enfields removed, as of right now all they do is give you less DPS.
5 Sep 2015, 18:50 PM

I think that Relic should keep the tommies the same cost but make them into 5 men by default, and compensate not by nerfing their veterancy, but by increasing the EXP required to vet up so that it takes them longer to get to vet 3

Or just make them cheaper and nerf the vet anyway. Either would work.

Perhaps make the scoped Enfield an upgrade (like in CoH1) and give them the marksman ability so that they could counter the german sniper a bit easier.
Just some thoughts.
5 Sep 2015, 18:51 PM

I'd like to point out that the squad size upgrade is a noob trap. You get one additional model per squad but reinforcing still costs 35 each (compared to 23 of Volks). The actual combat advantage is questionable, but now you need even more MP to reinforce the main line infantry everytime you retreated it. Don't do it.
5 Sep 2015, 18:54 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2015, 18:46 PMUrmel

There is a distinction to be made. Volks at vet 0 are the worst squad in the game. Vickers in a building is the best mg of the early game. IS win against any squad when in cover.

Also, okw pays for their extra vet with the fuel penalty they have. They can build less armor in the lategame, but as a result get vet 5.

Brits don't pay that cost for their veterancy, so as a consequence that cost should be applied directly to their units.

If you don't charge a unit for their vet in one way, you make that unit scales unfairly compared to other units.
5 Sep 2015, 19:15 PM

i see what you try to explain to me.

Nevertheless its a matter of fact that 280 mp for mg and stock infatry is too much for a mp starved faction and we should dicuss a option to cahnge this. I guess lower the reinforcment cost is a huge factor i wouldnt mind lowering the reinforcment cost to 25 but you can still buy them fr 280 mp. That buff wouldnt have such a great impact but it would help the brits mastering their mp managment... any thoughts ?
5 Sep 2015, 19:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2015, 18:51 PMQbix
I'd like to point out that the squad size upgrade is a noob trap. You get one additional model per squad but reinforcing still costs 35 each (compared to 23 of Volks). The actual combat advantage is questionable, but now you need even more MP to reinforce the main line infantry everytime you retreated it. Don't do it.

RLY? You also have more DPS and win alot more engagements = more mapcontrol. I do agree you should not have like 4+ IS with 5men vs a Ostheer sniper :D But for engineers its also great, the build and repair faster probably aswell.
5 Sep 2015, 21:33 PM

RLY? You also have more DPS and win alot more engagements = more mapcontrol. I do agree you should not have like 4+ IS with 5men vs a Ostheer sniper :D But for engineers its also great, the build and repair faster probably aswell.

For me the difference in combat strengths was never worth it, actually. I tech that when I float MP in late late gamem but before that it just sets you even more behind against the likes of OKW.
5 Sep 2015, 21:47 PM

In cover Tommies will beat Grens and Volks fairly handily. Tommies also have Panzergren Received Accuracy starting right off the bat and when vetted up have .528 rec acc making them at 5 men one of the most durable squads in the entire game. They also can be upgraded with 2 LMG's non-doctrinally.

The only thing Tommies need atm is to have their buggy as Scoped Lee Enfields removed, as of right now all they do is give you less DPS.

The tommies' capability in Cover is vastly overstated, their lack of strength out of cover ignored, and the availability of cover taken for granted. There's also the fact ost have the mg42/mortar against static troops and the OKW have the Leig.

Craters are not a reliable source of cover. it's too irregular and spotty to be relied upon.

The tommies need their reinforcement cost drastically. Their reinforcement cost should really be 30-28 per man at the most.
5 Sep 2015, 22:09 PM

+1 on the 28-30 Reenforce cost for Tommies I think that will fix a lot of the Brits problems since they are your mainline Infantry and biggest source of MP sink. Having played Brits mostly in 1v1 so far I can say that MP gets in the way even when you are doing well. Even playing conservatively to not bleed its really difficult with things like the LeIG which can randomly wipe 2-3 models and *boom* you are suddenly down 70+ MP. It often it gets to the point where you have to either concede all map control while your injured squads sit in your base to save up for a tank or just perpetually hold off on it. Its frustrating and not particularly fun.

Slightly reducing the MP costs of the Tech/Upgrades might slightly help too I suppose.

5 Sep 2015, 22:22 PM

Cross-post from a similar thread:

Reduce the cost of Infantry Sections to 245 - 260, but nerf their ridiculous Veterancy as compensation. Also allow Medics to be build-able from HQ or T1, and rework the IS Medkits to work more like Ostheer Infantry Vet 1 ability. Also make the Artillery Flare Free to use, it has enough downsides with poor ease-of-use, response time, and accuracy.

Furthermore, make Hammer / Anvil more like a T4 than T3 Upgrade. Currently few people actually build the Cromwell, it's more rewarding to just go Hammer and spam Comets, or Anvil and get Command Churchill + Firefly.

The goal of this is to make Infantry Sections actually useful as Infantry at all points of the game, rather than being forced to rely on 4-man Volks that slowly transform into Obers. The changes to Infantry Section upgrades are and addition of Medical Teams are meant to increase the diversity of Infantry Sections, rather than only using the Healing Upgrade. The alterations to T3 are to encourage use of actual T3 units rather than spam and cheese tactics like Comet rushes. Comets and Churchills are very potent units, so their place as a "bonus tier" is fitting a-la Ostheer T4.
5 Sep 2015, 22:23 PM

The tommies' capability in Cover is vastly overstated, their lack of strength out of cover ignored, and the availability of cover taken for granted. There's also the fact ost have the mg42/mortar against static troops and the OKW have the Leig.

Craters are not a reliable source of cover. it's too irregular and spotty to be relied upon.

The tommies need their reinforcement cost drastically. Their reinforcement cost should really be 30-28 per man at the most.

They can construct it.

But, with that said, you raise a very pertinent point, people complain about the Sniper? I find it's the mortars which win me games due to the squad spacing and how one must be glued to cover to be competitive.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Netherlands 14
South Africa 4
Germany 812
Germany 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %