Login

russian armor

balance preview mod rifle buff

4 Sep 2015, 11:24 AM

Hello. So in the balance preview mod relic has rightfully given rifles the scaling buff they well deserve.

However, i think that 25% received accuracy on vet 3 is way, way too much.

Given that rifles have 0.97 received accuracy on vet 1, get 0.77 at vet 2 and now 0.75% at vet 3, rifles become insanely durable because of this, effectivelly being as durable as the old pre nerf volksgrenadiers.

In my opinion, a ~15% received accuracy would be enough.
4 Sep 2015, 11:25 AM

I love it. Keep it how it is.
4 Sep 2015, 11:33 AM

when i called for it i was called a axis fanboy....imo bar buff was enough yeah but yea hthe vet 3 bonuse should be 10 %.....also falls need to get their received accuracy reduce to same as obers..or thier dps increase i tested it vet 3 rifl bar blob just wrecked my vet5 falls blol and falls are much expensive and harder to get vet
4 Sep 2015, 11:34 AM

im fine with the change too.
4 Sep 2015, 11:35 AM

I love it. Keep it how it is.

Have you actually tried it though? At vet 3 rifles now have 0.56 received accuracy, that is an insane bonus.

This essentially makes them the most durable squad in the game at vet 3... I mean with the current command tank meta where LMG 42 grens just wreck everything due to the 20% damage reduction bonus its fine, but that shit is OP too..
4 Sep 2015, 12:00 PM

The other thing to consider now is the new squad spacing.

The way squads spread out now ( out of cover ) means that grenades, tank shells and indirect fire won't be as effective.

Prior to last patch I found that if USF player could effectively dodge grenades, and was lucky with rng in respect to tank fire and indirect fire then killing USF infantry was considerably harder..

It is hard to tell how these changes will play out long in the long run especially with the vet buff, if anything it should offer more consistency..
Phy
4 Sep 2015, 12:09 PM

Rifles are expensive and bleed mp too much. They needed exactly that buff to be something to deal with in late game. Having other units with a superb durability in late game in axis side (and less mp cost/bleed) I'd not change it unless they change the other ones. Perhaps when patch is released we can have more feedback to claim for a change.

BTW, any clue when the patch will be released?
4 Sep 2015, 12:11 PM

Its great. Americans should be a bit strong with their rifles late game. Its perfect.
4 Sep 2015, 12:24 PM

when i called for it i was called a axis fanboy....imo bar buff was enough yeah but yea hthe vet 3 bonuse should be 10 %.....also falls need to get their received accuracy reduce to same as obers..or thier dps increase i tested it vet 3 rifl bar blob just wrecked my vet5 falls blol and falls are much expensive and harder to get vet

Lol only a bar buff? Have you ever in your life tried the current non buffed Riflemen after the early game? You will bleed completely dry with 4 riflemen squads, yes that is their core infantry unit.

Stop your bias
4 Sep 2015, 12:33 PM

Lol only a bar buff? Have you ever in your life tried the current non buffed Riflemen after the early game? You will bleed completely dry with 4 riflemen squads, yes that is their core infantry unit.

Stop your bias

incrmental changes at a time relic tends to either buff too much or nerf too much...if bar dont cut it then recieved accuracy after that incrementaly like first 10 then 15 then 25...in current preview mod they are op and yes i have played usf and know they suck m just talking about balance preivew
4 Sep 2015, 14:53 PM

I would prefer if we could play with them in the mod before giving our judgement but I feel it should be toned down in exchange for more accuracy. But you have to be aware that RA loses its appeal when facing high rate of fire weapons which Axis have with LMG42 Grenadiers, Sturmpioneers, etc. Riflemen will still be weaker at long range due to their less accuracy bonuses they get in veterancy.
4 Sep 2015, 14:56 PM

incrmental changes at a time relic tends to either buff too much or nerf too much...if bar dont cut it then recieved accuracy after that incrementaly like first 10 then 15 then 25...in current preview mod they are op and yes i have played usf and know they suck m just talking about balance preivew

OP? Hahahahaha dude get out of here pls
4 Sep 2015, 15:05 PM

OP? Hahahahaha dude get out of here pls

try balance preview for yourself
4 Sep 2015, 15:07 PM

try balance preview for yourself

Have done so. Find the riflemen finally performing in the late game and I love it, haven't had problems fighting them either. They still get suppressed and pinned like they did before, they still get killed but a little less quickly at vet 3, which was needed badly since they dropped like flies even when they had vet 3.

But like I stated in many threads before, if their late game gets buffs, their early game now needs to be towed down.

If that gets done eventually, the Riflemen are finally in a sweet spot.
4 Sep 2015, 15:16 PM

Is it not possible to reduce reinforce cost through veterancy?
I'd rather have that.
4 Sep 2015, 15:34 PM
Patrion 14

I like it, but I can see where people may want it to be less. The thing is, you can't directly compare vet 3 bar rifles to vet 3 lmg grens or what have you. Rifles are more expensive, and thus cost more to reinforce. They also need to close to mid/short range even with the changes to have a shot at victory.

Units with higher cost typically have much better veterancy. This manifests itself as high accuracy for penals, and for infantry sections, so I can see where the durability bonus comes from.

Rifles may need slightly more since the USF relys so heavily on them. USF doesn't have access to as good of an mg as the Brits, nor do they have highly durable armor. This forces rifles to be the centerpoint of your army, and thus they should sale better than other infantry.

Again, time will tell. I would like to see some of the RA turned into accuracy, but the RA works as well, since it is negated by armor and mgs.
4 Sep 2015, 17:05 PM

Permanently Banned
Stop it burts. No more usf nurfs please
4 Sep 2015, 17:25 PM

Permanently Banned
.97 starting. -23% at vet 2. Another 25% at vet 3. Equals out to .03 +.23 + .25 = .51 received accuracy buff. All in all vet 3 rifles will have a received acc modifier of .49. Effectively making them as durable as old volksgrenadiers. Add in your Bar buff and riflemen are now the best infantry in the game pound for pound.
4 Sep 2015, 18:07 PM
Patrion 14

3 things people need to actually do before they lose their mind in the forums:

1) play the mod

2) realise that rifles do not do more damage, the bar was only improved to do more damage on the move, it will still suffer from an accuracy penalty of 30%. So a bar won't be doing any more damage than it has done. It will only do 10% more if the squad is moving compared to what it has done when they were moving before the change. The universal consent is that the bar is one of the weaker lmgs, this change doesn't make it perform any better it just makes it a more viable flanking weapon. You'll still have to be at close to mid range to out dps an lmg gren squad with 2 bars (120 vs 60 ammo).

3) The change will only make rifles less vulnerable to small arms. Everything else, will still kill them just as easily. The aoe damage changes even make rifle nades or nades in general deadlier than ever.

Rifles will just be around longer, they won't do more damage and this is exactly what they needed to do, not die as easily as they did in the late game even if they reached vet 3.

The thing that needs to be looked at is elite riflemen because they come with vet already, which can upset things. There are 2 things that could be done here:
1) Let elite riflemen keep their vet bonuses and not profit from the new changes.
2) Change it so that rifles can only get vet 1 when they're called in.

(I'm pretty sure, that 1) is true in the preview patch because elite riflemen are a separate entity in the game files)

4 Sep 2015, 18:29 PM
Donator 33

.97 starting. -23% at vet 2. Another 25% at vet 3. Equals out to .03 +.23 + .25 = .51 received accuracy buff.

I'm pretty sure veterancy bonuses are not applied that way.

I think it's more like: 0,97 (starting RA) * 0,77 = 0,7469 * 0,85 = 0,6348 (~0,64 RA).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★