Login

russian armor

balance preview mod rifle buff

4 Sep 2015, 18:46 PM

The reason why the change is silly (they should have just gotten an extra man at Vet 3 or a reduction in reinforce) is because now Riflemen have better received accuracy veterancy than squads that cost more than they do. There also is 0 correlation in the game between cost of squad and potency of veterancy.

The thing is, you can't directly compare vet 3 bar rifles to vet 3 lmg grens or what have you.

Vet 3 1919 users (the 1919 is essentially a LMG42 stat wise)? Because these changes taken as a whole are going to make Infantry Company basically the go to doctrine every single game because it gives you Schu/Soviet mines on your basic infantry, the highest damage artillery unit, vet 0 sandbags, ect.

Rifles may need slightly more since the USF relys so heavily on them. USF doesn't have access to as good of an mg as the Brits, nor do they have highly durable armor. This forces rifles to be the centerpoint of your army, and thus they should sale better than other infantry.

With the new changes to the .50 cal it will easily rival the MG42 in performance, (the faster pack up time easily making up for small arc). Basically USF before this patch and USF after will ve totally different animals. Remember that the Sherman is now a PIV as well.

Remember everyone! All changes have context.
4 Sep 2015, 18:47 PM
Patrion 14

I'm pretty sure veterancy bonuses are not applied that way.

I think it's more like: 0,97 (starting RA) * 0,77 = 0,7469 * 0,85 = 0,6348 (~0,64 RA).

Yep, this is how it works.

Vet 3 1919 users (the 1919 is essentially a LMG42 stat wise)? Because these changes taken as a whole are going to make Infantry Company basically the go to doctrine every single game because it gives you Schu/Soviet mines on your basic infantry, the highest damage artillery unit, vet 0 sandbags, ect.

It's 0 command points. Veterancy has never been a requirement for building sand bags.
4 Sep 2015, 18:51 PM

Yep, this is how it works.

.97*.77*.75=.56

That's how durable new riflemen will be, as they get .75 multiplier at Vet 3.
4 Sep 2015, 18:52 PM

.97 starting. -23% at vet 2. Another 25% at vet 3. Equals out to .03 +.23 + .25 = .51 received accuracy buff. All in all vet 3 rifles will have a received acc modifier of .49. Effectively making them as durable as old volksgrenadiers. Add in your Bar buff and riflemen are now the best infantry in the game pound for pound.

they should beat every other basic rifle infantry in the game. elite infantry generally dont have as hard of a time killing them, and also dont forget that most axis infantry got a pretty hefty reinfroce cost decrease.
4 Sep 2015, 18:55 PM

Permanently Banned

they should beat every other basic rifle infantry in the game. elite infantry generally dont have as hard of a time killing them, and also dont forget that most axis infantry got a pretty hefty reinfroce cost decrease.
Riflemen will beat obers and fallschirmjaer no problem when equipped with Bars. Just watch. Still won't build pgrens or falls. Especially pgrens, I dont see you using them.
4 Sep 2015, 18:59 PM
Patrion 14

.97*.77*.75=.56

That's how durable new riflemen will be, as they get .75 multiplier at Vet 3.

Yes, Gandalf had the last number wrong, he still got the formula right. That was what I was commenting on.
4 Sep 2015, 19:27 PM

I wouldn't count "5" as hefty in any kind of way. Obers will now be 45 and Fallsch 42.75. They also didn't reduce the reinforce time so they will still take a long time to reinforce.

And actually the very high received accuracy will make them much better against rifle using units (Axis units use almost exclusively rifles), since rifle units rely on high damage per shot but have a slow ROF meaning a single missed shot is a massive loss in DPS. The reason why LMG's are so effective and negate scaling is they don't have to deal with that issue, it's also the reason why Cons scale like shit (because they can't hit anything).

4 Sep 2015, 19:35 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Its not like Rifles are hard to vet in COH2 like they were in vCOH. I've seen vet 3 rifles with less than 10 kills in the 7ish minute mark. This is going to be a little heavy handed imo. In vCOH Vet 3 rifles were Gods because it was actually difficult to get your rifles to Vet 3.
4 Sep 2015, 19:50 PM

Its not like Rifles are hard to vet in COH2 like they were in vCOH. I've seen vet 3 rifles with less than 10 kills in the 7ish minute mark. This is going to be a little heavy handed imo. In vCOH Vet 3 rifles were Gods because it was actually difficult to get your rifles to Vet 3.
this is coh2 not vcoh, 2 totally different games,not only that getting vet 3 was a pain in the ass while the wher play could just buy their vet it was an awful system. Plus all infantry in coh2 vet fast not only rifles
4 Sep 2015, 19:58 PM

this is coh2 not vcoh, 2 totally different games,not only that getting vet 3 was a pain in the ass while the wher play could just buy their vet it was an awful system. Plus all infantry in coh2 vet fast not only rifles

How quickly you vet up depends on what your fighting. The reason why Rifles tend to vet quickly is they can be equipped with a hand held AT weapon (fastest way for any unit in the game to vet up) and they have only slightly higher vet requirements than Grens (while shooting at more expensive per model things normally).
4 Sep 2015, 20:12 PM

How quickly you vet up depends on what your fighting. The reason why Rifles tend to vet quickly is they can be equipped with a hand held AT weapon (fastest way for any unit in the game to vet up) and they have only slightly higher vet requirements than Grens (while shooting at more expensive per model things normally).
Not many people equip Riflemen with handheld AT weapons, though. Usually Riflemen get BARs/M1919s while Rear Echelons get bazookas.
4 Sep 2015, 20:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Sep 2015, 20:12 PMTalore
Not many people equip Riflemen with handheld AT weapons, though. Usually Riflemen get BARs/M1919s while Rear Echelons get bazookas.

I probably should have also mentioned AT nades/Fausts help you vet up really fast to, as your hitting something that costs waaaaaay more than you do and doing a chunk of damage to it. But yes I know most people don't use Zooks I was just explaining how you can crank up how fast you vet.
4 Sep 2015, 20:16 PM

It was too much on volks and it is too much on Rifles.
Mainline Infantry should not have less then 0.7 received accuracy in any vet state.
If they bleed too much in late game, better give them a reinforce cost reduction at vet 3.
This change will just promote riflemen blobbing and is a really bad move.
4 Sep 2015, 20:19 PM

It was too much on volks and it is too much on Rifles.
Mainline Infantry should not have less then 0.7 received accuracy in any vet state.
If they bleed too much in late game, better give them a reinforce cost reduction at vet 3.
This change will just promote riflemen blobbing and is a really bad move.
it was to much on volks because of shreks, not only that people still blob rifles so it doesn't make a difference. Also rifles are suppose to be better than volks
4 Sep 2015, 20:21 PM

What is this notion of BARs becoming the same as a MG42? The only buff BARs got was with firing on the move bonuses. Riflemen will still lose to MG42 Grenadiers at long range. A cheaper unit that beats a more expensive unit at long range compared to the other which has to move in close to win. Riflemen will still lose if they try to charge a MG42 Grenadier. Axis have very high rate of fire weapons which offsets RA a bit. The only thing I do really worry about is the M1919 LMG but Riflemen still have less accuracy veterancy. More of how good Infantry Company is than Riflemen.
4 Sep 2015, 20:22 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Are you guys seriously saying this is a bad thing??

Riflemen were always supposed to be the best starting and scaling infantry. Period. And they have NOT been until now.
Only soviet conscripts are worse;and Guards have scaled better than rifles for the entirety of USF's existence.

And they are JUST now getting to that point of being as advertised,and before we even play one game live of this change,we're already calling for nerfs?

I mean ffs,Really? burts was most definitely trolling when he made this,im pretty sure as well.
4 Sep 2015, 20:24 PM

Riflemen also cost more than Volks but they're both in completely different factions. Riflemen were designed as a mainline infantry squad compared to Infantry Section, it would make sense for both to scale well due to their costs.
4 Sep 2015, 20:24 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

I'm not saying a buff is a bad thing, I'm saying this one may be a bit heavy handed.
4 Sep 2015, 20:29 PM

Are you guys seriously saying this is a bad thing??

Riflemen were always supposed to be the best starting and scaling infantry. Period. And they have NOT been until now.
Only soviet conscripts are worse;and Guards have scaled better than rifles for the entirety of USF's existence.

And they are JUST now getting to that point of being as advertised,and before we even play one game live of this change,we're already calling for nerfs?

I mean ffs,Really? burts was most definitely trolling when he made this,im pretty sure as well.

Nobody is saying this is a bad change. Only suggesting is is a slight overbuff.
4 Sep 2015, 20:32 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I'm not saying a buff is a bad thing, I'm saying this one may be a bit heavy handed.

It was a problem on volks because MGs wouldnt suppress them because all MGs especially allied MGs blew absoulute ass back then,infantry couldnt out blob them because of free LMG obers and their volks received accuracy ON TOP of it,tanks couldnt touch them because once they hit critical mass,they insta killed tanks and DIDNT miss because shreks were fucking OP.

and they were DIRT cheap to train,vet,and replace. It was just an unstoppable,scaling horde that could kill anything combined with obers.

RIflemen still dont have shreks. If they get 2 bazookas,thats hardly difficult for axis inf to kill,even with received acc buffs. They STILL dont have 23 MP reinforce with a bunuch of MP float....and you STILL have to get them to vet 3.

No weapon rack weapon is comparable to what the ober LMG used to be.

Its just bullshit to even say this would be overpowered,or an overbuff. Whatever you want to call it. Its not like theres a shortage of ways to kill off and insta wipe riflemen late game even with this buff. Give me a damn break.

And burts,the classic suspects are definitely saying this is a 'undesirable' change.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★