Login

russian armor

Mortar Emplacement- Abilities tied to Intel Bulletins?

Do you think abilities for units should be tied to Intel Bulletins?
Option Distribution Votes
25%
75%
Total votes: 40
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
2 Sep 2015, 22:32 PM

When using the mortar emplacement the last few days, I noticed that the light HE shells and the white phosphorous shells were not part of the abilities available. This was strange as these were available in the alpha until I noticed something at the bottom of the Know Your Units for Emplacements. At the bottom of the picture of the mortar it says Intel Bulletin: Load HE Shells/ Load Light HE Shells/ Load WP Smoke Shell Mix Are there bulletins for these abilities? If so, what are your thoughts on tying unit abilities to Intel Bulletins?
2 Sep 2015, 22:37 PM

I don't like the idea at all. I don't know why Relic thought this would be a positive change. I noticed this immediately in the trial and just had to scratch my head as to why this change was made. I hope Relic does't start doing this with other units.

I don't like not being able to mix up my shells midmatch. I feel like it takes away options. Honestly, the heavy mortars the best ones most of the time. In the alpha, I just used the light ones and the white phosphorous ones in certain situations. I'd never use them during 100% of the game. That just makes them useless as far as I'm concerned.
2 Sep 2015, 22:41 PM

I was told that the mortar pit just had one mortar fire heavy and the other mortar fire light.
2 Sep 2015, 23:04 PM

I was told that the mortar pit just had one mortar fire heavy and the other mortar fire light.

I don't think so, both mortars fire the same range when I used the barrage ability. If that were true only one would fire at max range.
3 Sep 2015, 01:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2015, 22:37 PMKothre
I don't like the idea at all. I don't know why Relic thought this would be a positive change. I noticed this immediately in the trial and just had to scratch my head as to why this change was made. I hope Relic does't start doing this with other units.

I don't like not being able to mix up my shells midmatch. I feel like it takes away options. Honestly, the heavy mortars the best ones most of the time. In the alpha, I just used the light ones and the white phosphorous ones in certain situations. I'd never use them during 100% of the game. That just makes them useless as far as I'm concerned.

Those light HE mortar shells were awesome, less explosive damage but damn good range.
3 Sep 2015, 01:46 AM

Hmm. This would certainly make bulletins a heck of a lot more relevant.

Of course, they should then be visible next to opponent names in-game, just like commanders should have been since release.
3 Sep 2015, 02:22 AM

Honestly, given a trading or crafting system, I feel that this is how all bulletins ought to function. Existing ones which add new abilities (Ostwind suppression comes to mind) are far more interesting than +3% accuracy or 10% build time reduction.
3 Sep 2015, 03:32 AM
Patrion 27

Why not give light and heavy ammo options to ALL mortars? Why must every unit be "totally assymetrical Brah!"

On topic, I actually really like the idea of abilities tied to bulletins to the point that I'd like to see things like PPSH, Riegel Mines and Obersoldaten STG be a bulletin and make commander abilities more about call-ins and "operational" abilities.
3 Sep 2015, 04:10 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

It would be fine if you didn't have to win them by playing the fucking lottery.
3 Sep 2015, 04:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Sep 2015, 04:10 AMTobis
It would be fine if you didn't have to win them by playing the fucking lottery.

Exactly, my issues is what if this becomes the norm down the road, with OP abilities being locked behind bulletins.
3 Sep 2015, 06:02 AM

I'll be honest, I'd just get rid of bulletins entirely if I were Relic.
3 Sep 2015, 09:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Sep 2015, 06:02 AMKothre

I would not bother including bulletins in any form in CoH3.

Then again I wouldn't include commander loadouts either in favour of multi-branch fixed commanders ala coh1. Which is why I'm not working in the video game business, I suppose.
3 Sep 2015, 10:30 AM

I would not bother including bulletins in any form in CoH3.

Then again I wouldn't include commander loadouts either in favour of multi-branch fixed commanders ala coh1. Which is why I'm not working in the video game business, I suppose.

Don't worry, I'd do the same exact thing regarding commanders. Then again, I also am not working in the gaming industry. :P
3 Sep 2015, 10:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Sep 2015, 06:02 AMKothre

+1. It's a fun idea, but it's actually horrible.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight