Login

russian armor

Upcoming Patch Balance Preview by Jason Lee

PAGES (10)down
3 Sep 2015, 18:51 PM

The Granatwerfer change, is it a barrage change or the "normal" autofire change? If the latter then it's fine by me.

Then autofire is what was changed. The barrage is still the same.
3 Sep 2015, 18:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Sep 2015, 15:49 PMnigo

Oh really? :sibPheasant:

Omega Warrior spotted that pages ago.

sorry i stoped it reading in page 2 where everybody was hyped from it.

I just could not read it more without writing this. :luvCarrot:
3 Sep 2015, 18:58 PM
Donator 11

^^.. I just didn't think that was needed. The focus made the heavy painfully slow so it had it's negatives

The heavies are already painfully slow and used like an emplacement so this was less of a handicap than say the su-85 which didnt have their armour or killing power.

Its all about combined arms:)
3 Sep 2015, 19:26 PM
Donator 11

mg42 nerfed? LOL!!
3 Sep 2015, 19:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Sep 2015, 19:26 PMspajn
mg42 nerfed? LOL!!

God forbid obviously overperfoming unit would be nerfed eventually!

Who would have ever see it coming?
3 Sep 2015, 19:39 PM

Nice change, tho I liked the fact that Volksgrenadiers used a "normal" Stielhandgrenade.

Same here, I think the incendiary grenade should have gone to Sturmpioneers.

Yep. Definitley. Volks look like basic german frontline dudes. They, out of all the units, should have the very recognizeable and WWII-typical regular 'Stielhandgrenade'. Plus, the incendiary one suits the aggressive spirit of the Sturmpioneers (voice acting) way better!

Basically, it feels really weird to see Volks like that and takes away a bit of the typical ww2 feel when german basic infantry is throwing incendiaries all the time.

Also, it is weird from a gameplay-design perspective, also: They get sth that is (probablly) similar to soviet molotovs. Yet, soviets have to pay for an upgrade and Volks are even cheaper than Cons. I would imagine it could become quite annoying when the new Volks Incendiary is being spammed. It would just be too much incendiary to feel right.

Plus, it would provide a bit more incentive to go Sturmpios early-game if they had that extra anti-garrison capability. This again would encourage more varied OKW starting builds.

They should rethink that change!
3 Sep 2015, 21:47 PM

I'm pretty glad PzGrenadiers have reduced reinforce costs, that's taken forever to add.
3 Sep 2015, 22:20 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Sep 2015, 19:39 PMFluffi

Yep. Definitley. Volks look like basic german frontline dudes. They, out of all the units, should have the very recognizeable and WWII-typical regular 'Stielhandgrenade'. Plus, the incendiary one suits the aggressive spirit of the Sturmpioneers (voice acting) way better!

Basically, it feels really weird to see Volks like that and takes away a bit of the typical ww2 feel when german basic infantry is throwing incendiaries all the time.

Also, it is weird from a gameplay-design perspective, also: They get sth that is (probablly) similar to soviet molotovs. Yet, soviets have to pay for an upgrade and Volks are even cheaper than Cons. I would imagine it could become quite annoying when the new Volks Incendiary is being spammed. It would just be too much incendiary to feel right.

Plus, it would provide a bit more incentive to go Sturmpios early-game if they had that extra anti-garrison capability. This again would encourage more varied OKW starting builds.

Fully agree with your argument and your conclusion. Sturms with incendiary, and Volks with Stielhandgranate. Change is still better than before.

But there will not be any incendiary spam for the muni starved okw, dont worry about that :)

3 Sep 2015, 22:29 PM

Fully agree with your argument and your conclusion. Sturms with incendiary, and Volks with Stielhandgranate. Change is still better than before.

But there will not be any incendiary spam for the muni starved okw, dont worry about that :)

Yes, I was unsure about that 'spam' part when I wrote it, too, I must admit :) Though my argument stands, it's more from a design and immersion perspective anyways.

I really hope the Volks with Incendiary don't go live! Though I applaud Relics initiative, the Incendiary is just with the wrong unit I feel.
aaa
3 Sep 2015, 22:40 PM

when it goes live
3 Sep 2015, 22:41 PM

You seem to be butthurt about the fact that allies have 3 armies and axis 2.
Isn't that right?

I'm a fanboy is balanced game for all armies, it doesn't matter if one side have 100 armies and another 2, if the game is balanced at the end, its fine.

I couldnt care less about the number of armies thing. In the end I only play 1v1 or 2v2 with a friend as premades. So I have no problems at all with it. I preordered the brits right away because ...yeah lets call it nostalgia.
But I guess you failed to understand me, maybe I didnt make myself clear enough. I was talking about the charm of a faction, not the power of a faction. I would and even will play this faction no matter what but we have to look at the facts:
As i said before, I prefer 1v1. Maybe you know about the king of the hill tournament from Romeo, guess what faction got picked at most and what faction made the most wins? Yeah..you are right. Soviets.
But oh well, dont know why I even response. 'cause you will just call me a "fanboy" anyway with your twisted common sense.
3 Sep 2015, 22:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Sep 2015, 19:39 PMFluffi

I think you need to play with the okw more and realise what a pain in the ass it is to play in a map with a lot of buildings with no way of clearing them. even if the vg throws the IG further and faster then how the soviet conscript throws the molotovs, it doesnt change the fact thatthe soviets have so many more options in removing units from garrison. and forcing the okw to spam sp's is really a bad idea.
4 Sep 2015, 16:15 PM
Donator 11

God forbid obviously overperfoming unit would be nerfed eventually!

Who would have ever see it coming?

They were not and this nerf along with flamers being teamweapon killers now aswell as vet3 infantry increase durability makes mg42 way more shit than the actual nerf but hey ITS LELIC!!
4 Sep 2015, 19:34 PM

Ban Kaitof please... At least prevent him from posting in anything that says "balance".
8 Sep 2015, 18:41 PM

So when it came out?
8 Sep 2015, 21:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Sep 2015, 22:54 PMZyllen

I think you need to play with the okw more and realise what a pain in the ass it is to play in a map with a lot of buildings with no way of clearing them. even if the vg throws the IG further and faster then how the soviet conscript throws the molotovs, it doesnt change the fact thatthe soviets have so many more options in removing units from garrison. and forcing the okw to spam sp's is really a bad idea.

he did said to give sturmpios the flame grenade
9 Sep 2015, 06:13 AM

he did said to give sturmpios the flame grenade

Far to limited in scale. the okw needs far more units withflame grenades on the field to be really a threat to units in buildings.
9 Sep 2015, 08:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Sep 2015, 06:13 AMZyllen

Far to limited in scale. the okw needs far more units withflame grenades on the field to be really a threat to units in buildings.

the basic sturms are actually decent against garrison, if only by DPS. Giving them flame grenade would complementary their role as assault troops for the okw.
9 Sep 2015, 08:31 AM

How do people feel about giving dual shreks back to Sturmpios for 120 muni as well? Would love to see that as a change along with a panzerfaust + some sort of AI upgrade for Volks and the removal of Cold Immunity.
9 Sep 2015, 08:40 AM

How do people feel about giving dual shreks back to Sturmpios for 120 muni as well? Would love to see that as a change along with a panzerfaust + some sort of AI upgrade for Volks and the removal of Cold Immunity.

If you want ost solutions so much, why not play ost?
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS