Login

russian armor

OKW: Searchlight

29 Aug 2015, 14:54 PM
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2015, 02:04 AMpigsoup
joke unit in 3v3+.

Not just in 3v3. Its only 200 manpower...and it gives so much info for zero effort. It needs a fuel cost at least, but to be honest it feels like it should be a doctrinal unit.
29 Aug 2015, 15:28 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Van Voort made the interesting suggestion that this unit was now cheap enough to be destroyed and scavenged.

Does anybody do this?
29 Aug 2015, 15:28 PM

the reason it removed the fuel requirement from last few patch is because no one use it. OKW starve for fuel and no one gonna use it for 0 combat ability unit. however i think adding 15-20FU and give it ability to reinforcement to sqs could be great (maybe only able to reinforce when spot light is setup), OKW is the only faction with out mobile reinforce anyway. so it become counter part of medic truck of USF, USF gets ability to heal, OKW get ability to spotlight
29 Aug 2015, 16:06 PM

Van Voort made the interesting suggestion that this unit was now cheap enough to be destroyed and scavenged.

Does anybody do this?

That's quite something, OKW always seem to float a lot of MP when I watch matches and transferring 200? MP for 5 fuel every few minutes is quite something for a fuel starved faction. Either no one has thought of this or it isn't as good as it sounds else we would see it a lot more.
29 Aug 2015, 16:07 PM
Patrion 14

20fu would be a fair price increase IMO. Its pretty silly that you can buy a maphack for the price of a pioneer squad, and thus don't have to worry about the consequences on your tech.
29 Aug 2015, 16:11 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2015, 16:06 PMLatch

That's quite something, OKW always seem to float a lot of MP when I watch matches and transferring 200? MP for 5 fuel every few minutes is quite something for a fuel starved faction. Either no one has thought of this or it isn't as good as it sounds else we would see it a lot more.

Never underestimate van Voort! ;)
29 Aug 2015, 16:18 PM

In big games that drag on OKW almost always buys one with their usual MP float

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2015, 07:26 AMnee
Vast majority of team games I play, about 1% of those someone decides to use it. about 50% of those times though they don't use it properly.

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2015, 13:48 PMEsxile
Most people build one in any match above 1vs1.

I think you all are heavily suffering from confirmation bias. Unless Relic gives us a comprehensive statistic that tells us how often it is really being used, you should keep your assumptions to yourselves since they only serve as subjective means to make your opinions worth more without any foundation whatsoever.

Go ahead and give it a munitions cost for the scan - you now have a unit without any inherent use, which you could as well delete from the game. The unit is highly situational. It's not an "I win" button. Ofc, if you are just cosplaying as UKF when playing Soviets or USF you deserve to get punished for it.
29 Aug 2015, 16:26 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2015, 16:18 PMQbix

I think you all are heavily suffering from confirmation bias. Unless Relic gives us a comprehensive statistic that tells us how often it is really being used, you should keep your assumptions to yourselves since they only serve as subjective means to make your opinions worth more without any foundation whatsoever.

Go ahead and give it a munitions cost for the scan - you now have a unit without any inherent use, which you could as well delete from the game. The unit is highly situational. It's not an "I win" button. Ofc, if you are just cosplaying as UKF when playing Soviets or USF you deserve to get punished for it.

Believe it or not, USF is heavily dependent on set up teams in the current meta game. .50s, pak howies, m1 57mm AT, and tank traps are all required to defend against high vet german infantry, especially on more narrow maps like minsk when heavy AT arrives.

You can't just allow one faction to hard counter the other factions ability to exist in the later stages of the game. The only real counter to IR HT + stukas is to dive a bunch of M10s and hunt them all down, using numbers to mitigate mine damage.

IR HT needs a higher cost, you can't just give such a great recon vehicle for such a cheap cost.
29 Aug 2015, 16:35 PM

20fu would be a fair price increase IMO. Its pretty silly that you can buy a maphack for the price of a pioneer squad, and thus don't have to worry about the consequences on your tech.

It used to cost 20 fuel and nobody used it. Like it was changed to cost no fuel because most people never built it ever because 20 fuel is half the price of a new truck.
29 Aug 2015, 16:37 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

It used to cost 20 fuel and nobody used it. Like it was changed to cost no fuel because most people never built it ever because 20 fuel is half the price of a new truck.

But with respect, that is now irrelevant.

Dealing with facts as they now are, the UHU is potentially open to abuse. Agreed?
29 Aug 2015, 16:38 PM
Patrion 14

It cost 25 fuel, and just because nobody uses a unit doesn't make it bad. Penals are very underused, but they are a fairly strong infantry squad when upgraded and vetted.

Stock Ostheer and Soviet tanks were barely used because callins were a thing, but that didn't make all of them terrible.

You can't justify buffs to a unit that is fairly priced on the basis that noone uses it. Thats not how balance works. You look at the strengths and uses of said unit, and then you figure out what would be a fair price. 200mp only for a mobile maphack IS NOT a fair price no matter how you try to rationalize it.
29 Aug 2015, 16:40 PM

It does not only work great with leig, grw and Stuka.
It gives you consant map hack so you know where enemy is going to attack you.

You cannot flank with efficiency.
You cannot surprise enemy.
29 Aug 2015, 16:41 PM

Dealing with facts as they now are, the UHU is potentially open to abuse. Agreed?

yes it is kind abusive now, as it can be destroy and salv for 5 fuel, I support the adding 20 fuel back but they should give the HT reinforcement ability once spot light setup, to prevent kill of this unit. or add 5 fuels cost instead so OKW can't gain fuel from it.
29 Aug 2015, 16:46 PM

Cool then M5 Quad will cost 1200 mp, just think of it's abilities!

Tiger ace 2200 mp, just think of it's abilities!
29 Aug 2015, 16:46 PM

How fundamentally has OKW changed to were 20 fuel only 3-4 months ago is more than it is now? The IR HT isn't abuse, especially considering OKW isn't exactly swimming in recon options and the large "sweep" time of the search light. Like 10 fuel would be reasonable, but 20? Nah.

It cost 25 fuel, and just because nobody uses a unit doesn't make it bad. Penals are very underused, but they are a fairly strong infantry squad when upgraded and vetted.

Penals are underused because they are bad (like they cost 10 MP less than riflemen and have like 1/10th of the utility), they will probably be a lot better once the flamer changes it and they are a lot more powerful versus weapons teams, buildings, trucks, ect.

Stock Ostheer and Soviet tanks were barely used because callins were a thing, but that didn't make all of them terrible.

They buffed the SU-76 because it was terrible, they reduced the cost of the T34/76 because it was bad, the StuG was buffed because it was bad. Like they nuked call in's and buffed stock tanks at the same time because a lot of them were bad.

You can't justify buffs to a unit that is fairly priced on the basis that noone uses it. Thats not how balance works. You look at the strengths and uses of said unit, and then you figure out what would be a fair price. 200mp only for a mobile maphack IS NOT a fair price no matter how you try to rationalize it.

I never said only 200mp was fair, why are you so hostile? I agree that 10 fuel would be a reasonable price to pay for it but 20 fuel is kind of outrageous considering that's 1/2 of the price of a new truck and 1/4th the price of a Stuka Zu Fuss.

It's a defenseless HT with a set up time. Like it isn't that crazy powerful.
29 Aug 2015, 16:48 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Yeah at least 10 fuel would be do it.
29 Aug 2015, 16:49 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

How fundamentally has OKW changed to were 20 fuel only 3-4 months ago is more than it is now? The IR HT isn't abuse, especially considering OKW isn't exactly swimming in recon options and the large "sweep" time of the search light. Like 10 fuel would be reasonable, but 20? Nah.

You seem to be deliberately missing my point

29 Aug 2015, 16:51 PM

You seem to be deliberately missing my point

Blowing up the IR HT with attack ground and salvaging the wreck would be an extremely inefficient way of producing fuel. You would be better off just making more infantry to cap the map and get you more fuel income.
29 Aug 2015, 16:52 PM

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS