Login

russian armor

Rear echelon - the worst engineer unit.

24 Aug 2015, 21:45 PM

So, why this unit so useless. All other factions have engineers with special bonuses. Re have only nerfed volley fire. So, maybe this unit need buff? Discus.
24 Aug 2015, 21:46 PM
24 Aug 2015, 21:47 PM

Высер. Автор, ударь себя об стену.
24 Aug 2015, 22:02 PM

VISER GODA PROSTO
24 Aug 2015, 22:18 PM

Volley fire could be buffed, but REs in general are fine.
24 Aug 2015, 23:19 PM
Patrion 14

I used to think like you, but then I learned that RE are not meant to be early game infantry. They are meant to be your lategame infantry.

No, i'm not even joking. RE with bars are 100x more efficient than riflemen lategame, and also have the ability to build their own green cover and defenses when they're bored. I sigh with relief when I lose rifle squads in the lategame, because it means that it is time to que up 2 RE quads.

In the early game, they are useful to hold the line from buildings with their lives, defend flanks with wire and tank traps, harass cuttoffs, and clear buildings (FPs).
24 Aug 2015, 23:38 PM

I used to think like you, but then I learned that RE are not meant to be early game infantry. They are meant to be your lategame infantry.

No, i'm not even joking. RE with bars are 100x more efficient than riflemen lategame, and also have the ability to build their own green cover and defenses when they're bored. I sigh with relief when I lose rifle squads in the lategame, because it means that it is time to que up 2 RE quads.

In the early game, they are useful to hold the line from buildings with their lives, defend flanks with wire and tank traps, harass cuttoffs, and clear buildings (FPs).

+10
24 Aug 2015, 23:47 PM

So, why this unit so useless. All other factions have engineers with special bonuses. Re have only nerfed volley fire. So, maybe this unit need buff? Discus.

I have that same issue when I first played the USF. I have a guide on steam that may help you. It's called How to use Rear Echelons. It's meant for 3v3 or 4v4, but some of the information may help you. Such as giving REs BARs or M1919s to help their Volley Fire ability. Not only that, but they are good in capturing abandoning vehicles and with the possibility of getting killed. If they do, then you at least threw 160 manpower down the drain instead of 280 for a Rifleman squad.

If your engineer units face Sturmpioneers, just learn that they will never win against those fuckers.

Unless you have M1919s. ^_^

Also I need to tell everyone this...:new:
25 Aug 2015, 07:58 AM

Don't you think that something is wrong with USF infantry in general? :foreveralone:
25 Aug 2015, 08:46 AM

RE are fine as

-1 meat shield early game
-2 BARs/Zook/M1919 holders late game, Riflemen becoming the meat shield without reinforcing them until they die to get more REs.
28 Aug 2015, 21:32 PM
Admin Red  Badge

+1

REs with double BARs or M1919s equipped do scale really well into late game especially when they hit veterancy 2 having 5 men per squad, inflicting decent damage and being not too expensive to reinforce. They are definitely not the worst engineer unit.
29 Aug 2015, 19:24 PM
Hux
29 Aug 2015, 19:51 PM
Patrion 14

When they get that 5th man at vet 2 and you give them a BAR and a bazooka <444>3

they lack non-doc mines though, this is the only aspect of REs that I think is behind other factions
29 Aug 2015, 20:02 PM

http://www.coh2.org/replay/39158/dem-re-s-kappa

http://www.coh2.org/replay/39161/more-love-for-usf-kappa

And also they probably do lose engagements but they are cheap to reinforce.
29 Aug 2015, 20:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2015, 19:51 PMHux
When they get that 5th man at vet 2 and you give them a BAR and a bazooka <444>3

they lack non-doc mines though, this is the only aspect of REs that I think is behind other factions
And that will change soon, with the Sept 3rd patch and US getting regular mines....
Hux
29 Aug 2015, 21:31 PM
Patrion 14

Only doctrinal though, no?
30 Aug 2015, 18:55 PM

Yes RE can do and pick up a lot..

Bottom line, though, they still have the staying power of a dafodil. It means that if you rely too much on them (be it early or late game) you'll be run off the map more easily.

So I don't quite understand the recommendations to replace rifles with RE.

The fact that they cost less to reinforce is irrelevant if you lose map control.
30 Aug 2015, 19:29 PM
Patrion 14

Yes RE can do and pick up a lot..

Bottom line, though, they still have the staying power of a dafodil. It means that if you rely too much on them (be it early or late game) you'll be run off the map more easily.

So I don't quite understand the recommendations to replace rifles with RE.

The fact that they cost less to reinforce is irrelevant if you lose map control.

RE squads are quite durable when behind green cover. They can also build the best green cover in the game. They are the perfect support unit for USF weapon teams lategame, and can actually do DPS at mid ranges with BARs.

Rifles on the other hand are slightly more survivable, can't build green cover, have more DPS, bleed like a stuffed pig, and take longer to reinforce.

I personally would rather have RE squads because of these tradeoffs, but thats up to you.
30 Aug 2015, 21:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2015, 21:31 PMHux
Only doctrinal though, no?
Should be in both Armor and Infantry doctrines, both of which are stock.
30 Aug 2015, 21:44 PM

REs are like vCoH Panzgrenadiers combined with Ostruppen.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS