Login

russian armor

USF needs

26 Aug 2015, 00:08 AM

A t0 at gun for allies isn't that great of an idea. I mean Ostheer light vehicle play is non existent, so a direct counter to the 222 :foreveralone: ready and available at t0 is a bit to much. I understand that OKW has this option, but we must be realistic and see that Axis face way more light armor than the Allies will face from the Axis. Especially with the brits coming.

The point of a T0 AT Gun is so that you have an AT Gun whether you take T1 or T2.
26 Aug 2015, 01:39 AM

Why does there have to be only ONE acceptable way to play USF? All the other factions have the ability to present radically different styles, aggressive or defensive, to their opponent based on their situation. It's even spelled out in the Brit tech tree, Hammer and Anvil.

But USF is always, always the same thing. If you don't control 60% of the map by the time the first mediums come out you're boned. And they don't even have all the necessary tools to do that.

There's a reason why the best and most popular US commanders are the ones that allow the bypassing of the meta and the absurd tier structure.

Airborne that allows access to the best features of Tier 1 or 2 without having to waste fuel on both as well as the famous P47 strike; Armor, which gives access to the best TD in the game for its cost, as well as a good close assault unit and RNG skillbombs; and Rifle, with flamethrowers that are the only way to get decent performance from your rifles in late game as well as the WP strike which annihilates Axis defenses.

Amis need the Pershing, and it needs to be nondoctrinal in a similar way to the KT. It really is that simple.
26 Aug 2015, 07:58 AM

All those suggestions would be too much IMO.

I'd go for just adding a mortar, which is badly missing from a regular set of combined forces.
26 Aug 2015, 08:12 AM

The point of a T0 AT Gun is so that you have an AT Gun whether you take T1 or T2.

I understand that, but I still think the at gun needs to be behind teching. Put the mortar, mg and at gun in t1
26 Aug 2015, 12:51 PM

I understand that, but I still think the at gun needs to be behind teching. Put the mortar, mg and at gun in t1

I'm quite sure he means that you unlock the 57mm in T0 by teching to T1 or 2, so you can have the 57mm with whatever tier you pick. He doesn't mean that it should be available right away.
26 Aug 2015, 17:44 PM

I'm quite sure he means that you unlock the 57mm in T0 by teching to T1 or 2, so you can have the 57mm with whatever tier you pick. He doesn't mean that it should be available right away.

Exactly
26 Aug 2015, 17:49 PM

LOL more design changes.

As if relic is actually gonna listen.
26 Aug 2015, 18:29 PM
Patrion 27

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2015, 17:49 PMJ1N6666
LOL more design changes.

As if relic is actually gonna listen.

Oh hush. The last patch had multiple changes pulled straight from threads in the Alpha forums.
26 Aug 2015, 19:53 PM

Oh hush. The last patch had multiple changes pulled straight from threads in the Alpha forums.

Wanna bet if they are gonna change the old factions within the next 6 months?
26 Aug 2015, 20:41 PM

Well it does seems the mines prayers have been added but only for Infantry Company. Normal mines (look at the patches notes) replacing the M7 light mine.
26 Aug 2015, 21:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2015, 19:53 PMJ1N6666

Wanna bet if they are gonna change the old factions within the next 6 months?

It won't happen over night, but if we keep spamming threads, sooner or later they need to change something
26 Aug 2015, 21:50 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The light mines were "good", thing is they were RNG-heavy and required at least 4 to be deploy. You got like 80% chance of crit and 1/3 of been an inmobilize.
26 Aug 2015, 22:11 PM

The light mines were "good", thing is they were RNG-heavy and required at least 4 to be deploy. You got like 80% chance of crit and 1/3 of been an inmobilize.
The problem was that they are ridiculously micro heavy, for little reward.
26 Aug 2015, 22:19 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I don't consider possible "riegel" mine/teller batchs as little reward but yeah, they are micro heavy for a micro heavy faction.
26 Aug 2015, 23:17 PM

The Light AT Mines could be fixed by allowing them to build like Wire or S-Mines. Either click + drag, or a set point that plops 'em all down. Additionally, give the Light AT Mines to Rear Echelons and give the Heavy AT Mines to Assault Engineers.

I'm not liking how Riflemen can have the best LMG in the game while laying the best AT mine in the game.
26 Aug 2015, 23:48 PM

The Light AT Mines could be fixed by allowing them to build like Wire or S-Mines. Either click + drag, or a set point that plops 'em all down. Additionally, give the Light AT Mines to Rear Echelons and give the Heavy AT Mines to Assault Engineers.

I'm not liking how Riflemen can have the best LMG in the game while laying the best AT mine in the game.

Really? I wasn't aware that Riflemen were issued the MG34 that Obers get.

And is it confirmed that they get the M20 mine? I was under the impression it was something similar to the Soviet TM34.
27 Aug 2015, 00:11 AM

Really? I wasn't aware that Riflemen were issued the MG34 that Obers get.

MG 34 doesn't have instant cover + suppression at the click of a button. Riflemen can beat Obers with this.
27 Aug 2015, 06:59 AM

Well it does seems the mines prayers have been added but only for Infantry Company. Normal mines (look at the patches notes) replacing the M7 light mine.

thats great now relic needs is to have the USF pogues (RETs) to be able to build sandbags aside from fighting positions which cost MP whereas sandbags don't a free alternative if u cant afford to build a fighting position straight away
27 Aug 2015, 07:46 AM

If I remember correctly, the problem with the light AT mines was that after three clustered mines, you get heavy diminishing returns where adding four or more makes no difference at all. I remember reading that somewhere on this forum a while ago.

And even then, it's only, what, like a 50% chance to actually do anything even with the three mines?

27 Aug 2015, 08:12 AM

USF needs a core spotter unit, especially for spotting enemy armor. No sense in 60 range jacksons if I can't spot for them. And no, the scout car doesn't cut it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★