Login

russian armor

What to do with the MG34?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (9)down
18 Aug 2015, 18:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2015, 17:22 PMKatitof

Also, .50 cal reinforces like a normal squad, for 35 mp per men, it doesn't have the 50% reinforce discount ANY OTHER SUPPORT WEAPON IN GAME FOR EVERY FACTION HAVE.

It does. The guys are valued at 70MP each because the .50 cal itself is set to 0MP value so the entire 280MP cost of the squad is made up by the 4 crewmembers.

Other fun things the .50 cal has:

Weapon priority value set wrong so it will get decrewed by PaKs and other antitank weapons very easily

focus_fire: true so it does a notable amount less DPS than other HMGs considering its other stats.

Vet2 removes all the aoe suppression and incremental accuracy changes HMGs were given

Gun has 10 armor instead of 70 so gets gun destroyed fast by mortars and nades (35 pen)

Worst long range penetration of any HMG in the game (1.0)

...To be on topic, I never understood why they halved the HMG34 damage per bullet. Should just revert that one change and be done with it.
18 Aug 2015, 18:22 PM

The mg34's suppression isn't much worse than the maxim, even by the numbers you posted. It's better at certain ranges and worse at others. Also, the MG34 has better penetration AND a larger firing arc, not to mention a MUCH better vet1 ability that gives it the ability to destroy some light vehicles very effectively. It's also a call-in at 0 CP, is the cheapest MG in the game and is not locked behind any tiers.

On another note, the suppression values you posted, are suppression per burst, not suppression per second. The mg34 has a shorter burst duration at longer ranges than the maxim, so it's doing more suppression per second than it seems.

I would be in favor of lowering the vet requirements a bit since the damage isn't that good. In the most extreme case, I wouldn't be opposed to a slight buff to far accuracy, but that's about it.
18 Aug 2015, 18:23 PM

Cruzz,

What does the focus_fire stat mean?
18 Aug 2015, 18:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2015, 18:23 PMZeaviS
Cruzz,

What does the focus_fire stat mean?

if it's false, a burst weapon can hit other infantry in the scatter radius if it misses the thing it's firing on. This is free extra DPS spread around the target that will not be shown on the weapon stats people so love to quote.
18 Aug 2015, 18:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2015, 18:30 PMCruzz

if it's false, a burst weapon can hit other infantry in the scatter radius if it misses the thing it's firing on. This is free extra DPS spread around the target that will not be shown on the weapon stats people so love to quote.

Oh that's really interesting. Do those "missed shots" cause suppression if they hit other models? Is the hit just based on bullet collision with models or is there a second accuracy roll that determines the hit?

Sorry for being off topic, this is pretty interesting.
18 Aug 2015, 19:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2015, 18:57 PMZeaviS

Oh that's really interesting. Do those "missed shots" cause suppression if they hit other models? Is the hit just based on bullet collision with models or is there a second accuracy roll that determines the hit?

Sorry for being off topic, this is pretty interesting.

Suppression: don't think so, because suppression always applies regardless of hit or miss so it would be doubling the effect and I didn't see focus fire setting affecting suppression speed in my tests (atleast not by that much).

I'd assume it's just using the scatter circle and picking a target (closest or random, bit hard to say) there because small arms do not actually have physics projectiles except for the axis HMGs while using phosphor rounds (which is why they will then all of a sudden start hitting friendly vehicles in their path when you have those on).

18 Aug 2015, 19:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2015, 18:11 PMzarok47

Do tell the reasoning behind that.

Axis have 6 men squads and allies have 4(even 3) men squads.

Squad difference argument isn't valid for that reason and as you can see on the brit screenshots, brit sections are 4 men squads.
18 Aug 2015, 19:21 PM

So THATS why the .50 Cal always felts like it was underperforming compared to other HMGs and gets decrewed and/or destroyed so easily despite its good looking stats.

Relic should really just hire Cruzz to check their coding and such.
18 Aug 2015, 19:36 PM

I have to say things almost always get more informative and interesting when cruzz comments, which is exactly the opposite of when kaitof does. I wonder if they could play around with stat a bit more regarding blobs. Would it make any sense if they increased the damage dealt (slightly) in an AOE when too many squads (not models) are close together?
18 Aug 2015, 20:08 PM

http://www.coh2.org/replay/33475/jadgtiger-bait-best-bait.

You sure proved it that game didn't you B-)

I was waiting for you to refer to that. Thanks for not disappointing. Also I like how you don't address my counter arguments and start to attack my person instead but judging by the nonsense you usually write I shouldn't be surprise by this.

Also that game was bad play on my behalf. I thought you're so bad I would be able to beat you even after not playing for quite a while. I was proven wrong.
Now there are many people on this forum I played with as a team partner or at random who can prove my skill at this game. That game also proved your skill to me. It looks like its supporting your lack of basic knowledge of mechanics and your heavily biased opinions, although I should call them OKW wishlist.
That's that.

What's hilarious you talk how bad MG34 suppression is and you quote data that proves otherwise. Gold!
18 Aug 2015, 20:14 PM

MG-34 also has 5 vet levels and other mgs only 3, lets compare them :foreveralone:

Maxim(same for dshk):
vet2 +20% suppression, +30% weapon rotation speed
vet3 +30% accuracy, +20% burst duration, +10% weapon rotation speed

MG-42:
vet3 +30% accuracy, +20% burst rate of fire, +10% weapon rotation speed

.50cal:
vet2 +25% damage, +50% max range penetration, -55% set up time, +40% weapon rotation speed
vet3 +20% accuracy, +20% burst rate of fire, -40% reload

MG-34:
vet3 +30% accuracy, +20% burst rate of fire, +10% weapon rotation speed
vet4 -29% received accuracy
vet5 +31.4% sight range, +20% accuracy

imo, it suffers from same problem as all okw infantry - it sucks until it gets vetted. At least its easier to vet than other mgs. Vet4 and 5 buffs look powerful, and probably close the gap between mg-34 and other mgs, but base suppression rate should be just a bit higher imo. Its the only mg right now that cant supress units in cover.

lol, I just realized that 50cal should be a beast at vet2 with that -55% set up time, too bad that it gets killed in the first engagement everytime I use it
18 Aug 2015, 20:17 PM

I was waiting for you to refer to that. Thanks for not disappointing. Also I like how you don't address my counter arguments and start to attack my person instead but judging by the nonsense you usually write I shouldn't be surprise by this.

I didn't attack you, you accused me of being an idiot and started derailing the thread by preaching about how knowledgeable you are compared to me.

Also that game was bad play on my behalf. I thought you're so bad I would be able to beat you even after not playing for quite a while. I was proven wrong.

lol

Now there are many people on this forum I played with as a team partner or at random who can prove my skill at this game. That game also proved your skill to me. It looks like its supporting your lack of basic knowledge of mechanics and your heavily biased opinions, although I should call them OKW wishlist.
That's that.

http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/viewBoard/2/steamid/76561197996144532

A hall of (2) companions (who barely play the game) that's for sure. If I have such awful knowledge of mechanics then how did I get to top 50 as OKW? Or top 200 as Ost? Save your drama inducing rants for the shoutbox.

What's hilarious you talk how bad MG34 suppression is and you quote data that proves otherwise. Gold!

It has the worst DPS and suppression at far. It doesn't do decent enough suppression compared to an MG of similar cost (the maxim) while having the worst DPS profile at far of any unit in the entire game.

imo, it suffers from same problem as all okw infantry - it sucks until it gets vetted. At least its easier to vet than other mgs. Vet4 and 5 buffs look powerful, and probably close the gap between mg-34 and other mgs, but base suppression rate should be just a bit higher imo. Its the only mg right now that cant supress units in cover.

lol, I just realized that 50cal should be a beast at vet2 with that -55% set up time, too bad that it gets killed in the first engagement everytime I use it

Except that even when at Vet 5 it still can't win against any of the other MG's, so there isn't much point.
18 Aug 2015, 20:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2015, 18:21 PMCruzz

It does. The guys are valued at 70MP each because the .50 cal itself is set to 0MP value so the entire 280MP cost of the squad is made up by the 4 crewmembers.

Other fun things the .50 cal has:

Weapon priority value set wrong so it will get decrewed by PaKs and other antitank weapons very easily

focus_fire: true so it does a notable amount less DPS than other HMGs considering its other stats.

Vet2 removes all the aoe suppression and incremental accuracy changes HMGs were given

Gun has 10 armor instead of 70 so gets gun destroyed fast by mortars and nades (35 pen)

Worst long range penetration of any HMG in the game (1.0)

...To be on topic, I never understood why they halved the HMG34 damage per bullet. Should just revert that one change and be done with it.

Oh wow, so '50 is basically broken?
18 Aug 2015, 20:26 PM

I didn't attack you, you accused me of being an idiot and started derailing the thread by preaching about how knowledgeable you are compared to me.

lol

http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/viewBoard/2/steamid/76561197996144532

A hall of (2) companions (who barely play the game) that's for sure. If I have such awful knowledge of mechanics then how did I get to top 50 as OKW? Or top 200 as Ost? Save your drama inducing rants for the shoutbox.

It has the worst DPS and suppression at far. It doesn't do decent enough suppression compared to an MG of similar cost (the maxim) while having the worst DPS profile at far of any unit in the entire game.

Except that even when at Vet 5 it still can't win against any of the other MG's, so there isn't much point.

And you still haven't address my arguments. Instead referring to attack my person.

To answer your question I have no idea how did you get to top 50. Judging from the game you played or how you've been beaten by Queenratchet you shouldn't be close to 2k. Probably you were carried by your team mates. Someone else can be playing on your account as well.
18 Aug 2015, 20:27 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

.50 cal needs a proper thread.

MG34: reduce vet requirements or increase damage by 1 (or just revert damage change)
18 Aug 2015, 20:32 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Oh wow, so '50 is basically broken?

Yeah, that's all...holy shit.
18 Aug 2015, 20:34 PM

And you still haven't address my arguments. Instead referring to attack my person.

To answer your question I have no idea how did you get to top 50. Judging from the game you played or how you've been beaten by Queenratchet you shouldn't be close to 2k. Probably you were carried by your team mates.

I addressed your arguments. The MG34 is worse than things that cost less than it does. And it's far worse than things that cost a similar amount.

Interestingly enough that replay was from before I got good at the game, meaning that back when I wasn't very good you still couldn't beat me lol.

.50 cal needs a proper thread.

MG34: reduce vet requirements or increase damage by 1 (or just revert damage change)

Just a vet requirement reduction wouldn't do anything since even with vet it still can't do it's job.
18 Aug 2015, 20:40 PM

I addressed your arguments. The MG34 is worse than things that cost less than it does. And it's far worse than things that cost a similar amount.

Interestingly enough that replay was from before I got good at the game, meaning that back when I wasn't very good you still couldn't beat me lol.

Enjoy your little triumph then. Well done.
Can you post or PM with a recent replay so I can see how good you're now? I'm curious. 1v1 please.

Now as stats show MG34 close range suppression is actually better then that of Maxim although I didn't realize it had its DPS reduced in half recently, but I guess it came at the same time as Sturm Pioneers DPS increase which would only prove my point of MG34 being a pure suppression unit and Pioneers doing the DPS part by design.
18 Aug 2015, 20:56 PM

Now as stats show MG34 close range suppression is actually better then that of Maxim although I didn't realize it had its DPS reduced in half recently, but I guess it came at the same time as Sturm Pioneers DPS increase which would only prove my point of MG34 being a pure suppression unit and Pioneers doing the DPS part by design.

They didn't increase Sturms DPS. And Sturms are supposed to be used in conjunction with Kubels not MG34's.

The fact it does better close range suppression is irrelevant, since if a squad is close to you they can just throw a grenade and kill you.

Can you post or PM with a recent replay so I can see how good you're now? I'm curious. 1v1 please.

http://www.coh2.org/replay/37566/final-ost-1v1-placement-match
18 Aug 2015, 21:53 PM

Just a vet requirement reduction wouldn't do anything since even with vet it still can't do it's job.

It's job is to suppress, which is does well enough for a 210 MP unit.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS