Login

russian armor

Cookiez Christmas list

17 Aug 2015, 13:18 PM

No third option for "I'm biased too, entire list please!"?
17 Aug 2015, 13:25 PM

I'd say USF is the sword, UKF is the shield.
17 Aug 2015, 14:47 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2015, 12:08 PMGiaA

It's hard for me to express how much I disagree with this post lol.
Its hard for me to express my confusion at how you can't agree with it...
1. How can you already tell that brits will be op ? All you guys do is theorycrafting.
Not theory crafting..I played with the brits,I played against the brits,Ive seen the unit profiles. if they wont be OP,will be 100x more fun to play than usf,especially to your average player,I can guarantee you that.Mainly because they aren't flawed to high hell, Mainly because most of their shit is new,which is why I said,Hey,lets add new stuff to all the factions so the brits dont become the one cool faction with all new stuff.

2. People said the same about Soviets when US was released and they have stayed a popular faction.
Because soviets dont lack obvious shit,like standard Mines,Heavy tanks, halftrack,mortar,artillery,rocket artillery,tanks with more than 720 health max,long range assault guns,so people are forced to pick them to stay competitive as allies. Or do you think double USF and 4x usf in 4v4 is an actually good combination? Of course,in 1v1 this actually doesnt really matter,but not every fucking player plays or even cares about 1v1,especially in an RNGeezus every plane crash tells a story environment that coh2 is at this point.

3. If you guys actually knew how to play US you wouldn't be so negative about them but apparently you don't.
I do know how to play USF...who's being negative? because I want actually fun units? Because I want different build orders than 3x rifle?Because I want a well designed faction,not rifleblob lmg smoke spam into jacksons? Are you kidding me?

4. I'm not sure if the last sentence of your post is meant to be taken seriously but asking relic for "cool shit" is probably the worst idea you could possibly have unless you want more Tiger Ace action.

You right bro,I shouldnt have asked for units that are fun when we're talking about a video game,that are typically played for fun. Except coh2. Coh2 is an esport,like dota or lol.

Tiger ace is fucking fine,but give me the ability to build 2 pershings or some hellcats to counter it. THATS fun,and will make for some good screenshots and casts. Not diving 4 shermans into a tiger ace and losing all 4. That gets old after the 20th time.

5. Even if adding "cool shit" was the right thing to do it would mean another change to the game next to the brits and implementing too much new stuff at once is always a bad idea because it gets harder and harder to balance. (see USF+OKW release)
So why are we releasing brits at all? their entire faction is "cool shit". first you say "how do you know brits will be OP" then you say this. How do you know a fucking calliope will be OP? just because there are brits being added with it too?

However I agree to a certain extent that USF might need 1 or 2 additional units but my reasoning is completely different from yours.

Clearly.

17 Aug 2015, 15:13 PM

If commander KT really will be in the game, we can take some ideas from this list. Usf need more new units, IMHO.
17 Aug 2015, 15:42 PM

1. How "fun" a faction is is completely subjective. Your argument is basically that brits are more fun than USF because you say so and you take your knowledge of the brits from an early alpha version.

2. Lol back then soviets were locked into 2 tiers at once max and relied on call ins. I don't see how that's any better than the current USF. US might be lacking the unit types you listed but to compensate for that they have quite a lot of interesting units and mechanics. There was a poll about peoples favorite faction the other day and US was second after wehr with significantly more votes than soviets.

3. See above, completely subjective

4. Tiger ace is fine ? Ok Do you remember the good old days when a Tiger Ace could just drive into the opponents base and destroy it in its entirety while being shot at by 10 at guns ? Also basically you're asking for historical units like hellcat or pershing do you even know what role you want them to have ingame ?

On the one hand you're discussing balance, build orders etc and you have a Senior Strategist badge and on the other hand you blame me for taking the game seriously and wanting it to be nicely balanced and well thought out instead of über tank X vs über tank y ? As soon as someone is critical towards your US bashing circle jerk you start with that "not everyone plays 1v1", "some people play for fun" sort of stuff. Guess what I play this game exclusively for fun too.

5. I can't really say anything about that because I respect relics NDA but I don't see how british are more "cool" than any other faction.

I never said that a Calliope would be OP. (wtf) I just said that more units for the other factions would make the game even harder to balance when brits come out. It's not as simple as "Calliope or Pershing will be op". I'm too lazy to go into detail now but I'm sure you know what I mean. (new units cause chain reactions, other units need to be adjusted accordingly etc)

Sorry for saltiness
17 Aug 2015, 16:10 PM

some people dont understand the feel when your fav faction is the worst faction
17 Aug 2015, 16:12 PM

This whole debate is just pointless, since why would you buff and add new units to the most OP faction right now. I mean they have best everything:

1. Best core infantry, rifles with m1919s and defensive stance
2. Best medium, M4A3 Easy Eight
3. Best tank destroyer, M10 wolverine
4. Best elite infantry, Paras with m1919s or Thompsons
5. Best artillery, IR pathfinders arty
6. Best recon infantry, Riflemen with increased sight range from forward observers passive ability
7. Best combo, AT guns supported by AA HT for suppression, with Scott for artillery and Riflemen to push
8. Best light tank, Stuart with self repairing crew, crew shock ability, and engine damage ability as well as good armor
9. And finally the best heavy tank....
:foreveralone:
17 Aug 2015, 16:15 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2015, 15:42 PMGiaA

1. How "fun" a faction is is completely subjective. Your argument is basically that brits are more fun than USF because you say so and you take your knowledge of the brits from an early alpha version.
I doubt much has changed. its not like they removed the firefly,with its 240 damage,attack helicopter rockets on the turret.
2. Lol back then soviets were locked into 2 tiers at once max and relied on call ins. I don't see how that's any better than the current USF. US might be lacking the unit types you listed but to compensate for that they have quite a lot of interesting units and mechanics. There was a poll about peoples favorite faction the other day and US was second after wehr with significantly more votes than soviets.
What interesting units and mechanics? Scotts? Paratroopers dying on trees? Stuart stun shot? weapon racks? Shell switching? Vehicle crews? Paper tanks? What if I told you UKF had a better version of all of that?

and mid 2015 soviets> Any version of USF ever.

3. See above, completely subjective
Ok if its subjective why are you so upset at me making these suggestions..just have fun with suggesting units. I posted it in lobby for a reason. Discuss it and have fun with it. Dont be a downer and shoot it down...seriously. Obviously only 2-3 units from my list will be added. The rest is just having fun.

4. Tiger ace is fine ? Ok Do you remember the good old days when a Tiger Ace could just drive into the opponents base and destroy it in its entirety while being shot at by 10 at guns ? Also basically you're asking for historical units like hellcat or pershing do you even know what role you want them to have ingame ?
I wont respond to this because you will probably just misinterpret what im saying again.

On the one hand you're discussing balance, build orders etc and you have a Senior Strategist badge and on the other hand you blame me for taking the game seriously and wanting it to be nicely balanced and well thought out instead of über tank X vs über tank y ? As soon as someone is critical towards your US bashing circle jerk you start with that "not everyone plays 1v1", "some people play for fun" sort of stuff. Guess what I play this game exclusively for fun too.
the pershing is not an uber tank,the t95 and T29 were obvious trolling requests. I didnt ask for a calliope with a 120mm gun.
Again where am I bashing usf? Youre getting wayyy too upset,again I dont know why. I didnt say USF was UP,this isnt a usf UP thread, this is a powercreep thread,I said that after i was done trolling.

5. I can't really say anything about that because I respect relics NDA but I don't see how british are more "cool" than any other faction.
youre blind then

I never said that a Calliope would be OP. (wtf) I just said that more units for the other factions would make the game even harder to balance when brits come out. It's not as simple as "Calliope or Pershing will be op". I'm too lazy to go into detail now but I'm sure you know what I mean. (new units cause chain reactions, other units need to be adjusted accordingly etc)
Ok again,why are we adding brits then. If we're gonna add an entire faction with hard to balance concepts, then why not add 4-5 units to usf/sov/okw and switch their tiers and doctrines around a bit. Its only for the health of the game as a whole,because right now,it isnt very healthy,and not much can save it besides stuff like this.

Sorry for saltiness
Yeah your clearly salty and im really not understanding why. Its literally just a casual forum thread and you come in here all serious telling me to L2p and stop bashing usf. like wtf? HAVE FUN WITH IT...suggest crazy stuff like pershing aces with 100 round drum magazine thompsons by default,because thats basically what UKF is.

For the last time,this was made because UKF is introducing alot of cool interesting concepts on TOP of the WFA concepts that were released last year. SO FOR THE HEALTH OF THE GAME AS A WHOLE,ALL FACTIONS SHOULD GET NEW THINGS to keep the game fresh FOR EVERYONE.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_creep

17 Aug 2015, 16:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2015, 16:12 PMTechBee
This whole debate is just pointless, since why would you buff and add new units to the most OP faction right now. I mean they have best everything:

Well yeah, when you mix and match the best parts of every commander of course any faction is going to look good.

Also, "most OP faction" :rofl::rofl::rofl:
17 Aug 2015, 17:02 PM

Again where am I bashing usf?

A few quotes from your posts in this thread:

Because soviets dont lack obvious shit,like standard Mines,Heavy tanks, halftrack,mortar,artillery,rocket artillery,tanks with more than 720 health max,long range assault guns,so people are forced to pick them to stay competitive as allies. Or do you think double USF and 4x usf in 4v4 is an actually good combination?

What interesting units and mechanics? Scotts? Paratroopers dying on trees? Stuart stun shot? weapon racks? Shell switching? Vehicle crews? Paper tanks? What if I told you UKF had a better version of all of that?

because I want actually fun units? Because I want different build orders than 3x rifle?Because I want a well designed faction,not rifleblob lmg smoke spam into jacksons? Are you kidding me?

if they wont be OP,will be 100x more fun to play than usf

Btw saying brits have a better version of anything USF has is ridiclous because the two factions couldn't be more different.

Yeah your clearly salty and im really not understanding why. Its literally just a casual forum thread and you come in here all serious telling me to L2p and stop bashing usf. like wtf? HAVE FUN WITH IT...suggest crazy stuff like pershing aces with 100 round drum magazine thompsons by default,because thats basically what UKF is

Well I saw your post disagreed with it and wrote down my arguments. That's what forums are made for right ? :P Don't get me wrong I respect you but I just don't think your ideas about balancing and design are good for the game.
17 Aug 2015, 17:13 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2015, 17:02 PMGiaA

A few quotes from your posts in this thread:

Btw saying brits have a better version of anything USF has is ridiclous because the two factions couldn't be more different.

Well I saw your post disagreed with it and wrote down my arguments. That's what forums are made for right ? :P Don't get me wrong I respect you but I just don't think your ideas about balancing and design are good for the game.

That's not bashing :D that's just complaining. If I was in true bash USF mode, I would be like Queen ratchet saying "fuck USF and their shit units I'm just playing Brits"
But I just want USF to get a touch up with cool stuff,nothing more nothing less. As you can see I couldn't be a bigger USF fanboy, but some days I want to play with a Pershing,mortar, and calliope, :foreveralone: and some days I want to micro like I'm crazy and watch my tanks and infantry evaporate. I just want more variety.

I'm just really jelly of UKF. As you can tell.

And I respect you tons as well, anyone with most of their games as USF or their highest ranks with USF are automatically my favorite people.
17 Aug 2015, 17:16 PM
Patrion 27

That's not bashing :D that's just complaining. If I was in true bash USF mode, I would be like Queen ratchet saying "fuck USF and their shit units I'm just playing Brits"
But I just want USF to get a touch up with cool stuff,nothing more nothing less. As you can see I couldn't be a bigger USF fanboy, but some days I want to play with a Pershing,mortar, and calliope, :foreveralone: and some days I want to micro like I'm crazy and watch my tanks and infantry evaporate. I just want more variety.

I'm just really jelly of UKF. As you can tell.

And I respect you tons as well, anyone with most of their games as USF or their highest ranks with USF are automatically my favorite people.
:romeoMug:

Keepo
17 Aug 2015, 20:21 PM

Sometimes I wonder if a serious discussion is even possible in this forum. Crybabies, trolls and hysterical exaggeration everywhere.

Mods should delete every post complaining about how op the UKF will be. If they are at release, have fun bitching, but reading that everyday without any proof aside from pre-biased alpha testers who have apparently not been selected by skill level is really, really tiresome.

WFA has been out for a year now or something? It is amazing how you can read in every second thread how Ostheer and OKF are so overpowered at one hand and how USF is very successfull in 1v1 on the other. Maybe USF need more skill to be as effective but they are in no way underpowered enough to be unplayable. Most of the suggestions simply stem from being bored by the one opening USF has. Diversification doesn't automatically equal giving USF overpowered units. They don't have to compensate, they should simply offer more choices.

People are very narrow minded and thinking far too much in black and white schemes.
17 Aug 2015, 20:24 PM

USF is extremely unpopular because it's gimmicky as fuck. OKW was equally unpopular before they got a good chunk of the gimmicks ironed out. Adding new "toys" to USF isn't going to stop people from hating how gimmicky they are.

The reason why USF is weak now is the same reason OKW used to be weak; extreme predictability, not lack of viable units.
17 Aug 2015, 20:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2015, 20:21 PMQbix
Sometimes I wonder if a serious discussion is even possible in this forum. Crybabies, trolls and hysterical exaggeration everywhere.

Mods should delete every post complaining about how op the UKF will be. If they are at release, have fun bitching, but reading that everyday without any proof aside from pre-biased alpha testers who have apparently not been selected by skill level is really, really tiresome.

WFA has been out for a year now or something? It is amazing how you can read in every second thread how Ostheer and OKF are so overpowered at one hand and how USF is very successfull in 1v1 on the other. Maybe USF need more skill to be as effective but they are in no way underpowered enough to be unplayable. Most of the suggestions simply stem from being bored by the one opening USF has. Diversification doesn't automatically equal giving USF overpowered units. They don't have to compensate, they should simply offer more choices.

People are very narrow minded and thinking far too much in black and white schemes.

Thank you, this is a much better way of seeing things.
17 Aug 2015, 20:54 PM
Patrion 28

i think what will "keep USF relevant" is people wanting to play it. i won't be surprised if numbers drop off really hard with the brits though.
17 Aug 2015, 21:00 PM
Patrion 14

USF is extremely unpopular because it's gimmicky as fuck. OKW was equally unpopular before they got a good chunk of the gimmicks ironed out. Adding new "toys" to USF isn't going to stop people from hating how gimmicky they are.

The reason why USF is weak now is the same reason OKW used to be weak; extreme predictability, not lack of viable units.

Umm, what? Having a lack of viable units and extreme predictability go hand in hand with USF. In the current meta, Riflemen opening followed by a fast stuart -> support weapon spam is not only the strongest strategy, it is also just about the only strategy. The M20 and the M15 are both unuseable because of the cloak raketen + 222, and the Major tier is only really useful for the retreat point.

USF does not have many viable units (hell, even their base infantry is overshadowed by RE lategame). They are predictable because there is a very linear path that you can tech if you expect to do well BECAUSE of the fact that half their army either comes out hardcountered, is too fragile to make a difference without extreme micro, or scales like the Mars Climate Orbiter. I'm sorry, but have you even played as USF this patch?

USF needs changes to its core army and it needs something to help them scale into lategame, seeing as their base army is quite lacking in this regard.
17 Aug 2015, 21:07 PM

I guess you could say the predictability goes hand in hand with weak units but neither the USF AA HT nor .50 cal are bad units by any standard.

It's easy to play against USF because you will know what they will do 9 times out of 10, this used to be how OKW operated when you couldn't get more Sturms, had no medium tank to bridge the mid-game gap, and the Rackten was hard to surprise people with due to having 10 less range than the other AT guns.

When Relic ironed out a lot of the OKW gimmicks the amount of games played as them in the top 200 equalized out in 1v1 and 2v2 with Ostheer. If you want to make USF equally as popular as Soviets your going to have to get rid of the gimmicks.

Make rifles cheaper but not have them outclass literally every other infantry unit at the start of the game so USF bleeds a lot less, add some soft indirect fire with a weak but cheap mortar, and make teching linear while moving some units around. Sprinkle in some better veterancy for units to, make it so rifles get some more defensive vet.
17 Aug 2015, 21:44 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2015, 15:42 PMGiaA

GOD! PLEASE!

Please tell me you've played brits? THEY ARE BETTER THAN USF IN EVERY WAY.
nee
17 Aug 2015, 22:21 PM

Half of the list is nonsense, the other hand contradict eachother.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 50
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment