The SturmTiger

PAGES (7)down
15 Aug 2015, 05:29 AM

"Sturmtiger wipe machine" & "destroy multiple squads/tanks"

I guess some ppl here blobbed too hard in some games :foreveralone:
Its not that he destroyed squads and mediums before patch :foreveralone:

anyway :luvCarrot:

LOL

Because being able to one hit any medium tank behind shotblockers is balanced :snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter:
15 Aug 2015, 07:01 AM

"Sturmtiger wipe machine" & "destroy multiple squads/tanks"

I guess some ppl here blobbed too hard in some games :foreveralone:
Its not that he destroyed squads and mediums before patch :foreveralone:

anyway :luvCarrot:

Its not that it kills your blob, its that it can as Lemon said manage to kill your Vet 3 units one after the other every single time without fail. Meaning you essentially bleed to death :luvDerp:
15 Aug 2015, 07:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2015, 13:39 PMpugzii

Nice logic, the Sturmtiger wipe machine is in a shitty doctrine so its okay. Yeah so I guess the greyhound (which is in literally the worst doctrine in the game) with its old insta-wipe canister shot was fine?

Honestly this forum is becoming such a cesspool its hilarious. Please try and stop being so protective over the single faction you play. The Sturmtiger is literally at the #2 spot this patch in bullshit rating.

Any unit that can literally destroy multiple squads/tanks from FOW in 1 single shot is broken beyond belief. To make things 100% worse, it can even shoot through shot-blockers which is just hilarious. protecting it religiously like yourself and Alex are doing is just embarrassing.

I'm not defending the unit you fanboy, I just stated that I don't understand why people like yourself think it's OP. Nurf it to oblivion, I couldn't care less, OKW can do fine without it, it could not exist at all. I don't use it. Its just you guys, crying like women around anythíng prevents you to obtaining your beloved place in the ladder and a sweet victory against "OPW"
15 Aug 2015, 07:33 AM

Remove shoot through buildings, and heavy crushes if possible. Maybe reduce the edge AoE (7.5m - 10m) to 75 damage and insta-pin so squads on the edge can survive, but still get punished for being there. Vehicles taking less than 192 damage could receive crew shock to make up for the significantly lowered damage against them.
15 Aug 2015, 07:36 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2015, 07:13 AMJohnnyB

I'm not defending the unit you fanboy, I just stated that I don't understand why people like yourself think it's OP. Nurf it to oblivion, I couldn't care less, OKW can do fine without it, it could not exist at all. I don't use it. Its just you guys, crying like women around anythíng prevents you to obtaining your beloved place in the ladder and a sweet victory against "OPW"

Stop going around calling everyone you dont agree with a fanboy. Its pathetic.

If you dont care about the Sturmtiger then remove yourself from the thread without stirring up bullshit.
15 Aug 2015, 07:37 AM

If you dont care about the Sturmtiger then remove yourself from the thread without stirring up bullshit.

+1
15 Aug 2015, 09:49 AM

Kwen fighting for posting ethics.

Oh, the
15 Aug 2015, 10:14 AM

Someone hack your account of something? lol

Ur usually the first to start throwing names about.

Anyway back on topic

Its not that it kills your blob, its that it can as Lemon said manage to kill your Vet 3 units one after the other every single time without fail. Meaning you essentially bleed to death :luvDerp:

Sturmtiger is fine. Dont blob, have some awareness and you'll be ok.

Realistically it should only be able to catch you out once if its on a city type map. After that you should be aware of it and use recon effectively.

How do you think Axis players cope vs the demo charge or 152? The squad wipe potential is there for both sides.
15 Aug 2015, 11:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2015, 10:14 AMCorsin
Sturmtiger is fine. Dont blob, have some awareness and you'll be ok.

Realistically it should only be able to catch you out once if its on a city type map. After that you should be aware of it and use recon effectively.

Yeah your right, I dont think I have developed any awareness over my 500+ 1v1 automatches, oh and of course I got my ranks through constantly blobbing in every game :luvDerp::facepalm::luvDerp:

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2015, 10:14 AMCorsin
How do you think Axis players cope vs the demo charge or 152? The squad wipe potential is there for both sides.

Surely you are trolling? Minesweeper maybe? Since when did the demo charge do 1000 damage? You can counter a 152 by using vehicles, mostly because it is most effective using HE shells and good players will use it against Infi mostly. Its AP rounds also dont one shot tanks:luvDerp:

You cannot counter a Sturmtiger with tanks because guess what? It one shots anything! If you truly beleive that USF and Soviets have a similar unit to the Sturmtiger please point it out to everyone.
15 Aug 2015, 11:59 AM

Yeah your right, I dont think I have developed any awareness over my 500+ 1v1 automatches, oh and of course I got my ranks through constantly blobbing in every game :luvDerp::facepalm::luvDerp:

Going by previous patches that would actually make alot of sense lol.

Surely you are trolling? Minesweeper maybe? Since when did the demo charge do 1000 damage? You can counter a 152 by using vehicles, mostly because it is most effective using HE shells and good players will use it against Infi mostly. Its AP rounds also dont one shot tanks:luvDerp:

You cannot counter a Sturmtiger with tanks because guess what? It one shots anything! If you truly beleive that USF and Soviets have a similar unit to the Sturmtiger please point it out to everyone.

Nah im not trolling. You referred to squad wiping being a slow bleed to death. Happens far more often to the more expensive Axis infantry.

If the ISU152 had 45 range 50second reload and the same projectile and was only in 1 crappy commander id be happy lol.

The sturmtiger 1 shots anything that doesnt move outa the way in the long ass time it takes to fire.

Basically after being caught out once where you didnt know he had one, the only thing this should kill is weapon teams unless youre being careless.
15 Aug 2015, 13:19 PM
Donator 22

You can counter the sturmtiger with tanks. Flank, attack from different angles. Of course you will lose all your tanks, when you a- move them into a blob infront on the ST.
The ST neeeds time to aim and to shot. What are you doing if you see a ST?
OMFG a Sturmtiger. "pressing Alt+F4"? :foreveralone:
I do not believe USF/soviets have a similar unit, but tools to fight. :hansRAGE:

btw you can use a democharge and a mine to get around 700 damage. "Close" to 1000 :nahnah: :luvDerp:
15 Aug 2015, 15:04 PM

You can counter the sturmtiger with tanks. Flank, attack from different angles. Of course you will lose all your tanks, when you a- move them into a blob infront on the ST.
The ST neeeds time to aim and to shot. What are you doing if you see a ST?
OMFG a Sturmtiger. "pressing Alt+F4"? :foreveralone:
I do not believe USF/soviets have a similar unit, but tools to fight. :hansRAGE:

Ok so where is all the MP and Fuel coming from for your muliple tanks? Because we have established that a ST will bleed your infantry which requires you to replace units which costs MP. Lets also not forget that 3-4 Volks with Shreks will cover the unit also. The only thing i ever A-move are my snipers :snfMarcus:

btw you can use a democharge and a mine to get around 700 damage. "Close" to 1000 :nahnah: :luvDerp:

That means nothing. 120 munitions for an effect that is still worse for a free one.:luvArmy:
15 Aug 2015, 16:18 PM

Sturmtiger will have to be nerfed at least a little because of the British.
15 Aug 2015, 17:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2015, 09:49 AMJohnnyB

Kwen fighting for posting ethics.

Oh, the

Irony is you calling people fanbois when you have 1534 posts that are either defending axis or calling allies OP, I mean have you looked at some of your previous posts? I have yet to see a bigger fanboi on this forum.
I mean look at your UKF posts, UKF being a faction anyone can buy and play but you treat the faction as if at the start of CoH2, you have to choose a faction and can then never choose to play UKF if you chose axis.
15 Aug 2015, 23:44 PM

Permanently Banned
Sturmtiger will have to be nerfed at least a little because of the British.
Brits have brace, so it shouldnt affect them anymore than the other factions.
16 Aug 2015, 10:03 AM

Irony is you calling people fanbois when you have 1534 posts that are either defending axis or calling allies OP, I mean have you looked at some of your previous posts? I have yet to see a bigger fanboi on this forum.
I mean look at your UKF posts, UKF being a faction anyone can buy and play but you treat the faction as if at the start of CoH2, you have to choose a faction and can then never choose to play UKF if you chose axis.

It's wrong to say something like this if you don't do your homework first. You will find in my 1534 posts words that support allied faction quite easily if you search.

Related to UKF you are wrong again. I didn't say I wouldn't play them. I would, gladly, but I am sick of Relic marketing tactics. Until half a year ago, I was buying doctrines, factions. I got al 4 factions. But at one time, I realised this, and it's quite simple if you have half-a-brain:

When Relic launches doctrines and factions they usually are OP, they help you achieve victory easier than other doctrine/factions. Why? BECAUSE LIKE THIS, IT's EASIER TO SELL THEM. People will pay for "I win" button, no matter of what anyone say. Then, another unfair thing towards buyers will happen. These doctrines/factions will be nerfed "because, you know, balance". But they won't be anymore the product you payed for. So the way Relic introduces new factions and doctrines in the game is wrong. The way they develop them in time, it's wrong also, towards the player base - their customers.

In the end, I couldn't care less about your opinion towards me. But maybe what I said above will help you think with your head, though.
16 Aug 2015, 10:09 AM

OKW lover says it's in a perfect shape, don't touch it and leave it alone. :foreveralone: and stop comparing to other units :drool:
16 Aug 2015, 10:17 AM

I think you're missing the point here corsin. Clearly the counterplay to demos is a 30 munitions minesweeper. However the sturmtiger isn't as clear cut on what its hard counters are. Sure there ARE counters (at gun, jackson, su85) but these don't always stop it from firing.

The sturmtiger also kills vet 3 squads MUCH faster than you can replace them. Even if it's only killing one squad per shot, you're going to lose in no time because your green infantry won't be able to hold their own against the more vet axis infantry. I've been saying this is the strength of the sturmtiger from even before this patch, the fact that it's the ultimate war of attrition weapon in the game atm.

Also it's completely absurd to always have recon in the air so you can see exactly where the sturm is at all times. It's BOUND to get a good shot off over the course of the game
16 Aug 2015, 12:46 PM

I really like the new ST. It is useful and powerful, finally. But playing against it, I do not really have had problems so far.
I wonder why so many people complain about it. I find it quite easy to evade the shot with tanks. It takes like 5 seconds or so to aim and shoot, just move man. With infantry, just retreat or spread your troops well enough.
Really, the aim to shoot time and 1 minute of risky reload make this unit not OP.

PS: Many of you already know, but to the others: Wait for the AVRE. Better armour, cheaper, auto-reload on the move and turret. Onehitting P4s just like the ST onehits T34 and Sherman tanks.
17 Aug 2015, 01:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2015, 12:46 PMAnarcy
1 minute of risky reload make this unit not OP.

Why do people think its risky? I mean just pull it backwards into your base and nothing can touch it.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 40
Germany 23
France 22
Netherlands 5
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W