Login

russian armor

The SturmTiger

PAGES (7)down
18 Aug 2015, 08:35 AM

Why do people think its risky? I mean just pull it backwards into your base and nothing can touch it.

If you move it as far back as to your base, it might take like 3 minutes until it is back on the frontline to shoot once more. I think this huge gap between shots make it manageable.
18 Aug 2015, 09:26 AM

If you're doing it correctly you are able to wipe at least single squad ever minute. I don't think that's OK. It's like having Railway artlery hitting you from fog of war, without any warning, every minute for free.
At least it shouldnt be able to shot through obstacles. It can't be everywhere, yes, but on the other hand it is very easy to predict where your next engagement is going to be. I've done some big whole army wipes with this unit back in the day and now it's even stronger.
18 Aug 2015, 10:26 AM

If you're doing it correctly you are able to wipe at least single squad ever minute. I don't think that's OK. It's like having Railway artlery hitting you from fog of war, without any warning, every minute for free.
At least it shouldnt be able to shot through obstacles. It can't be everywhere, yes, but on the other hand it is very easy to predict where your next engagement is going to be. I've done some big whole army wipes with this unit back in the day and now it's even stronger.

Except, 380mm Sturmtiger's shell is more devastating than Railway's 800mm :foreveralone: :foreveralone: :foreveralone:
18 Aug 2015, 10:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2015, 12:46 PMAnarcy
just move man.

I'd like to mention to you that Strumtiger's AoE damage has increased since last patch, so simply keeping your units a small distance from the explosion center, does not help them from being wiped -- which I think is the core improvement that the last patch brings to Strumtiger.

Also, don't forget that team weapons takes more time to move, especially AT guns which usually takes more manpower to build.
18 Aug 2015, 11:22 AM

the unit is cool and i'm glad it's in the game.

This is no clean and sterile RTS like starcraft
18 Aug 2015, 12:55 PM

Except, 380mm Sturmtiger's shell is more devastating than Railway's 800mm :foreveralone: :foreveralone: :foreveralone:

Oh wow. I wasn't aware of that.
18 Aug 2015, 13:12 PM

Again; it seems like everyone who is embittered to the Sturmtiger doesn't seem to use it or know anything about it.

yeah, see my sig.
18 Aug 2015, 15:02 PM

Oh wow. I wasn't aware of that.

ST will kill Sherman, Railway won't.

Or if you put 5 rifles squads next to each other in the shape of cross, ST will kill 9 models (middle squad wiped and few models from rifles around).
If you di the same with railway, 800mm shell will wipe middle squad but it won't touch any squad around.

So... 380mm is more powerful than 800mm which is XXX kilos heavier :foreveralone: :foreveralone: :foreveralone:
18 Aug 2015, 15:23 PM

My experience with heavies (isu in this case) being hit by sturm tiger is that the heavies stay crew shocked for a ridiculous amount of time.
18 Aug 2015, 15:27 PM

Than yes. Unit is over performing by definition. With the old ST you had to come close and made sure there is no obstacles so it was situational but still very good unit.
Something as powerful as late game ability costing 240 munition to use for free and striking from the fog of war without any warning is OP. Use common sense.
It doesn't matter if it has aim time. I was able to get multiple squad wipes whenever I wanted.
18 Aug 2015, 15:38 PM

My experience with heavies (isu in this case) being hit by sturm tiger is that the heavies stay crew shocked for a ridiculous amount of time.

Pretty sure this is a bug, but old crits I though removed are now popping up again when hit by ST shell. Annoyingly the AOE cause these crits to pop even on vehicles relatively distant.

Also for those saying 3 minutes, don't forget vet level requirements have been reduced, at vet 2 you start to pick up reload time reductions. Had a friend steal one of these yesterday and fire once though FoW at two tanks coming around a corner, it reached vet 2 immediately, was nice. Tanks were wasted, L2P issue clearly. Course how would he know where we were going to hide it?
18 Aug 2015, 16:43 PM
Donator 22

So... 380mm is more powerful than 800mm which is XXX kilos heavier :foreveralone: :foreveralone: :foreveralone:

Relic logic :hansRAGE::(
18 Aug 2015, 19:40 PM

been playing quite a bit of OKW lately, too be honest they should have chosen to buff either the AOE damage or the ability to shoot through objects, bud buffing both at the same time was a little overzealous.
18 Aug 2015, 19:48 PM

Was watching Rogers play a 2v2 last night on a stream.

He one hit a Vet 3 SU85 frontally, like it was just demolished. And people don't see this as an issue? I'm genuinely confused by the delusional ones defending this.

I'm getting flashbacks to the people defending pre-nerf Obers :O
18 Aug 2015, 19:49 PM

been playing quite a bit of OKW lately, too be honest they should have chosen to buff either the AOE damage or the ability to shoot through objects, bud buffing both at the same time was a little overzealous.

They didn't buff it's ability to shoot through objects, it's been able to do that for almost 11 months now. The reason the AoE is was changed is that the drop off in damage from the center of the blast was insane and it resulted in it being a very poor weapon to counter blobs that moved.

Was watching Rogers play a 2v2 last night on a stream.

He one hit a Vet 3 SU85 frontally, like it was just demolished. And people don't see this as an issue? I'm genuinely confused by the delusional ones defending this.

I'm getting flashbacks to the people defending pre-nerf Obers :O

If he let his SU-85 which is able to scout for itself get 1 shot from the front by a Sturmtiger he deserved it.
18 Aug 2015, 19:51 PM

They didn't buff it's ability to shoot through objects, it's been able to do that for almost 11 months now. The reason the AoE is was changed is that the drop off in damage from the center of the blast was insane and it resulted in it being a very poor weapon to counter blobs that moved.

my mistake then, I must have been confused when I read through he changes.Which then if you had to choose one (and in this hypothetical you do) which one would you pick?
18 Aug 2015, 19:52 PM

my mistake then, I must have been confused when I read through he changes.Which then if you had to choose one (and in this hypothetical you do) which one would you pick?

Both, the only issue with the Sturmtiger right now is that it has a bugged reload you can preform instantly by using emergency crew repairs.
18 Aug 2015, 19:55 PM

Both, the only issue with the Sturmtiger right now is that it has a bugged reload you can preform instantly by using emergency crew repairs.

:( but the whole point of the question was if you had to pick only one
18 Aug 2015, 19:58 PM

If he let his SU-85 which is able to scout for itself get 1 shot from the front by a Sturmtiger he deserved it.

If you see recon plane and you don't move your units, you deserve to lose squads due to B-4.
Sounds similar.
Or if you here a sound of B-4 and you don't move your units, you deserve to lose them.
18 Aug 2015, 20:03 PM

That's poor logic, but coming from you I would expect nothing less.

If there was a shotblocker it would be the same thing, one hitting a Vet SU85. So eliminating the "he deserved it" cop out, we have the issue of the Sturm Tiger knocking out medium Tank Destroyers with one move......

I'm pretty sure if the AVRE starts knocking out Stugs and Pz.IV's in one hit from behind shotblockers, I would see you on here calling for fixes. Correct?
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 93
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak