Login

russian armor

lower fuel for all?

10 Aug 2015, 22:39 PM

Now this thread may become a pyromaniac's dream of flame, but it would be nice if the discussion was civil. It seems to me (and some others) that relic would like to lengthen infantry and early game play and they have taken steps towards achieving this goal. I am just curious as to why they haven't just lowered the distribution of fuel to all factions given from resource points? can someone more wise in the ways of COH enlighten me? It seems too obvious a solution to have not been taken already, so why isn't this a thing?
10 Aug 2015, 22:42 PM

It makes it a lot harder for Allies or Axis factions to get their 2nd or 3rd tank afterwards. So essentially, its a far bigger nerf to tank combat than changing prices. Also, it discourages ppl from getting light vehicles.

Lowering fuel income as such is a bit like using a sledgehammer to crack a nut (ie, raising tech prices, tech times or individual tank costs)
nee
10 Aug 2015, 23:46 PM

Lowering fuel income would be too big and wide sweeping a change, Relic also wanted prolonged light vehicle gameplay.

Although if you think about it, lowering both fuel income and light vehicles' fuel cost might have done the trick for that. IMO they probably just didn't want to examine that option; a lot of the fuel adjustments were done in the alpha, so it wasn't like the recent changes were totally out of the blue. There were also some more changes that I don't recall seeing, so Relic probably has their own internal testing as well (and no doubt holds more precedence over community feedback).
10 Aug 2015, 23:57 PM

Because once you lower fuel income call-in meta is here again.
11 Aug 2015, 00:02 AM
Patrion 28

not enough infantry units in the game to nerf vehicles like that. the game really just needs more infantry in more roles but that's not going to happen at this point. relic fucked up the design pretty badly, partly because of THQ and partly because of who knows what with WFA
11 Aug 2015, 00:19 AM

not enough infantry units in the game to nerf vehicles like that. the game really just needs more infantry in more roles but that's not going to happen at this point. relic fucked up the design pretty badly, partly because of THQ and partly because of who knows what with WFA

Not enough Infantry? There's plenty of Infantry, what more do you want? 5 near-identical units for each faction?
11 Aug 2015, 00:46 AM

thx everyone, lol i'm starting to think that this thread belonged somewhere else now :p
11 Aug 2015, 10:17 AM

How about you make a mod with the changes and see how it plays out; then post back the replays here :)
12 Aug 2015, 05:27 AM
Patrion 28

Not enough Infantry? There's plenty of Infantry, what more do you want? 5 near-identical units for each faction?

dow2 infantry variety.
12 Aug 2015, 13:34 PM
Donator 11

Wouldn't this just bring back call in meta, particularly with Lend Lease?

Anyway, I think one thing that people overlook with relic is that they have done a good job designing the game so that most matches take around 30 minutes. When you start messing with incomes it is going to lengthen the game considerably.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★