Login

russian armor

How to deal with M1919 and Defensive stance?

5 Aug 2015, 00:47 AM
Donator 11

Hi everyone.

Today I got destroyed by USF riflemen spam with m1919s and AT gun spam. He had 6-7 rifles each with double m1919 (by late late game) and then spammed AT guns. I just didn't have anything to dislodge it behind the sandbags. It was on Semoisky, and I couldn't dislodge from buildings either. I built stuka and managed a couple of good hits on the retreat path but eventually he kept his units well spaced and would a bit easily dodging all of the rockets. If I threw grenades (I was spec ops) he would just retreat and then come back, but to get into grenade range I was suppressed and lost 2-3 models. He was able to hold both fuels. I did get a PIV out, but there were so many AT guns it was just ineffective. Combined with the priest and it was gg.

Any advice on how to deal with this? By 17 minutes I just couldn't get any resource control, and I had nothing to counter them with.

Sorry I didn't save the replay.

Quick Recap:

I cap left and right, and lost center because of garrisoned riflemen. By the time I can clear garrisons with stuka barrages and spec ops grenades he is starting to get his 1919s and from there I was just pushed further and further back because I didn't have infantry to deal with it.

Before anyone says flank...As you know, semoisky is kind of a three route map. He had 2 riflemen at each route and several stuarts for support.

I wish I had scavenge doctrine :foreveralone:
5 Aug 2015, 01:40 AM

Problem was you were OKW...

USF currently have the best early game...

(yeah late game they flop and that needs changing too)

But you cant ignore that they have a solid early game (which is where most games are won or lost).
5 Aug 2015, 02:20 AM

All you have to do is bleed him. Get 2-3 sturms early on and a medic truck. Mechanized won't help you on Semois. Get a LeiG maybe 2. Tech SPHQ and get w/e. GG
It's that easy. It'll slowly bleed the fuck out of his expensive rifles and then all you need to do is mop up the sad remnants because his economy will explode from trying to reinforce all of them. I'd also recommend Scavenger instead of spec ops for the grenades, jagers, ostwind, and arty. Your one objective is to hold one fuel and one ammo until your ridiculous and completely broken vet bonuses kick in. Then, you can just roll him with your mighty volkblob grenade spam.
I don't understand why people keep trying to be aggressive vs USF early game, it's the only thing they have going for them. Get past that and they just can't keep up with the attrition since their ambulance is shit and combined with major is 13 popcap which bleeds them out even more due to upkeep (the most numerous army on the western front ends up getting bled out by infantry gg relic).
5 Aug 2015, 12:49 PM

defensive stance just asks for a leig. that would be the perfect counter in your case.

Garrisons are difficult to clear as OKW early game unfortunately. The match up is weird as no team has flamethrowers or really early counters that are super effective against large structures (nades are okay but are pricey). In an OKW US matchup, building control is more important than in any other matchup for this reason.
5 Aug 2015, 13:22 PM

Double ISG into STG Obers? After that Luchs + Panther
5 Aug 2015, 15:01 PM

Is this ability for USF bugged btw? I seem to recall you previously could not run into combat and hit the deck, where now you can.

5 Aug 2015, 15:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Aug 2015, 15:01 PMBryan
Is this ability for USF bugged btw? I seem to recall you previously could not run into combat and hit the deck, where now you can.

It used to be that you had to be out of combat before activiting the ability and you had some sort of cooldown on turning it off.

Now it's so bugged that you don't have the cooldown and out of combat requirement.

You can run into combat, active and wait for nade, deactive and dodge said nade.

It's utterly, utterly broken.
5 Aug 2015, 21:08 PM
Patrion 310

I wish I had scavenge doctrine :foreveralone:

It's the best all around doctrine for OKW that can deal with almost anything. So if you dont have that commander there are no good reason to play OKW 1vs1, sorry. For team games there are more viable commanders but for 1vs1 its pretty boring atm.
5 Aug 2015, 21:11 PM
Patrion 14

Defensive stance should work like Hit The Dirt works... Now its just OP... Also, why add supression to it???
5 Aug 2015, 21:15 PM

It used to be that you had to be out of combat before activiting the ability and you had some sort of cooldown on turning it off.

Now it's so bugged that you don't have the cooldown and out of combat requirement.

You can run into combat, active and wait for nade, deactive and dodge said nade.

It's utterly, utterly broken.

:foreveralone:
5 Aug 2015, 21:17 PM

I faced it myself as well. I used 4 sturmpios supported by med truck and double LeiG. Used all my ammo for mines, since he would run into them at every point since the guy spammed his lmg rifle blob with 3 brain active brain cells it seemed.

If you face a good lmg blob spammer, go multiple sturmpios, try to vet them up and support them with med truck. Mine everything you can and get one or double LeiG. Then by the time you can, get stuka.

Since they most of the time have some bulletins that suggest lmg play, just always fall into this pattern and prepare for blobberino. If by some stroke of luck they don't go lmg blobberino, you can easily switch it up with some volks and rakettens. Would always suggest an LeiG, just for the annoyance and the trolls Kappa
6 Aug 2015, 14:24 PM

I faced it myself as well. I used 4 sturmpios supported by med truck and double LeiG. Used all my ammo for mines, since he would run into them at every point since the guy spammed his lmg rifle blob with 3 brain active brain cells it seemed.

If you face a good lmg blob spammer, go multiple sturmpios, try to vet them up and support them with med truck. Mine everything you can and get one or double LeiG. Then by the time you can, get stuka.

Can you explain how sturmpios work vs m1919?
6 Aug 2015, 15:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Aug 2015, 14:24 PMKuprix

Can you explain how sturmpios work vs m1919?

the m1919s come later, sturmpios can mine and are good in groups of two vs riflemen in early game. As soon as the m1919s come you just retreat into your defenisve mines and within the reach of your LeiGs. They usually go defensive stance, LeiGs will attack them, they will most likely hit mines and your sturmpios can just run away into your defensive mine placement. Combined with mg34 in building and you are good to go.

7 Aug 2015, 02:45 AM
Donator 11

Have you tried crushing yet?
(defensive stanced units can't evade tanks)
Not a fan of MG34s & ISG?

Semoisky winter or summer?

Replay would certainly help. Sounds like you lost early game too easily, and then you could never recover.
8 Aug 2015, 13:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Aug 2015, 02:45 AMkamk
Have you tried crushing yet?
(defensive stanced units can't evade tanks)
Not a fan of MG34s & ISG?

Semoisky winter or summer?

Replay would certainly help. Sounds like you lost early game too easily, and then you could never recover.

Defensive stance can be near immediatly cancelled now, so crushing is a no go.
8 Aug 2015, 13:13 PM
Donator 11

That is correct. But you will keep him from using it, and you can still crush "the normal way", not?

The other options have already been mentioned.
8 Aug 2015, 13:16 PM

I highly recommend using Scavange. Ostwind works very well vs USF. Backed up by raketens or later a JP4 it will tear everything apart. Just dont overcommit and waste it to Jacksons.
8 Aug 2015, 13:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Aug 2015, 13:13 PMkamk

That is correct. But you will keep him from using it, and you can still crush "the normal way", not?

The other options have already been mentioned.

I suppose you can use crush that way, but i never am a fan of driving tanks into at nade range.
Still, any port in a storm, ill be sure to remember this.
8 Aug 2015, 13:40 PM

As long as you have a counter to defensive stance then that should be enough. Getting a retreat is just as good as anything else
8 Aug 2015, 16:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Aug 2015, 02:45 AMkamk

Not a fan of MG34s

I wouldn't recommend luft or fortifications against m1919's, rifles with LMG's can actually deploy def stance infront of a 34 and kill them due to superior DPS.

Falls are also just a MP drain against them. ISG is a good shout though
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 32
Germany 756
unknown 20
Germany 1
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W