Login

russian armor

Molotov - too useless

14 Aug 2015, 19:17 PM

Aerohank's suggestion for 25-30 impact damage is really good depending on how fast the HP damage per sec while squads are standing in fire is, which given the current performance of molotovs can't be that high. +1

Given the long wind-up of molotovs you can easily avoid them so there should at least be that much damage if you can actually hit someone with one. Not to mention that logic dictates that getting smacked in the face with a glass bottle would hurt~
22 Aug 2015, 08:06 AM

I would think the Molotov should do some damage, especially since the wind up takes forever and easy to dodge.
22 Aug 2015, 09:04 AM

I only use it against mgs, paks and mortars, since they usually take longer to get moving.

If I feel over confident and cheeky, I will throw one at a Kubelwagen, just to let it know I mean serious business. :megusta:
22 Aug 2015, 09:11 AM

Molotov should triger engine damage when it hit vehicle like in normal life.
i really want soviets that have molotov for 25 fuel , that burn infantry and damage tanks when hit (yes i will heatseek tanks)

not this fresh bathwater.

Pooor comrade Stalin
31 Aug 2015, 08:52 AM

Considering the coming changes to flame weapons in the patch, no more flame crits whatsoever I think the molotov needs damage on impact in order to stay relevant not as devastating as nades obviously maybe half the damage nades deal
31 Aug 2015, 16:34 PM

I played a game yesterday in 2v2 where my opponent equipped the 7% molotov thrown range bulletin three times. It was pretty devastating, there is definitely an initial burst of damage because he spammed them in my Grenadier's moved out as soon as I saw the Molotov it because there was so much going on I was usually not able to dodge. Molotov thrown range bulletin three times. It was pretty devastating, there is definitely an initial burst of damage because he spammed them in my Grenadier's moved out as soon as I saw the Molotov hit because there was so much going on I was usually not able to dodge. People need to remember that middle and late game it is very hard to micro units to prevent such things. At least for me I am so busy snapping back and forth between tanks AT guns and infantry squad that I don't have time to look for the windup animation
31 Aug 2015, 16:55 PM

Cons are consistently getting the shit end of the stick for the past 3 years now, to the point they are shit ( they were bad to begain with) HTD was nerfed, ppsh was nerfed, at nades were nerfed several times, molos were nerfed several times, sand bags were nerfed (lol to the guy who complained sandbags were op) cons are shit units and now every soviet player seems to do is spam maxims and or guards every game.
21 Sep 2015, 05:46 AM

Bulletin molotovs for longer range, with the amount of munitions soveits typically have pair up conscript squads and work on double molotov'ing the enemy. I still use molotovs this patch and I find no problem with them. I understand conscripts are "HA CONSCRIPTS" I use them as intended they are not real soldiers like the Germans, Brits, Americans, OKW.s lol I read ina post that said "I want our grenades to be useful like Ostheer or OKW or USA nades" Here I am thinking uh... Your using a rag and a bottle of flammable liquid.. you can't get any more low tech than that... Soviets are fine most people just go Penal troops and use satchel charges more frequently and mines are more frequent. Molotovs are great for building clearing. I swear all the allies do is just Whine all the time. We have it really easy.
23 Sep 2015, 22:22 PM

Playing primarily soviets, I don't believe they need a buff.

Don't use them for damage, use them to push troops out of cover so that your conscripts can tear them up in the open. The burn is damaging enough to deal with support teams if they don't start moving immediately.

Alternatively, you can throw them ahead of advancing infantry to make them slow down or burn a bit moving through the splash area.
8 Oct 2015, 13:50 PM

Use it to clear buildings with infantry or units out of cover.
8 Oct 2015, 14:11 PM

Old topic. It's beyond useful now, much more wiping potential than the bundled potatoes.
8 Oct 2015, 14:39 PM

more allied fanboy crying about molotov now? do allies need every unit op as hell?
8 Oct 2015, 14:47 PM
Patrion 26

You guys are a few months late replying to the thread....
8 Oct 2015, 14:51 PM

Archeology
Hat
10 Oct 2015, 07:04 AM

more allied fanboy crying about molotov now? do allies need every unit op as hell?

You know they just buffed flames right? Also, that OKW nade is still dumb.
12 Oct 2015, 14:19 PM

Playing primarily soviets, I don't believe they need a buff.

Don't use them for damage, use them to push troops out of cover so that your conscripts can tear them up in the open. The burn is damaging enough to deal with support teams if they don't start moving immediately.

Alternatively, you can throw them ahead of advancing infantry to make them slow down or burn a bit moving through the splash area.

+1

I rarely kill a squad with a molotov and i am ok with that as my prime motivation is to deny a zone to the ennemy. If people keep wanting to compare renades and molotov lets observe that exemple : two of your cons squad got caught by an entrenched HMG, one is far one is close to the gun, you have a window of 3 seconds before watching the red triangle pop.... you throw a grenade with the closest cons squad.
2 solutions :
-You throw a normal grenade and the hmg take huge damages, maybe loose a squad member or two...and keeps firing at your shootaboyz, pinning them and forcing a retreat.
-You throw a molotov and wait patiently one of the two answer of the ennemy :
-he dies in the flames, back on your feets boyz take this fuel point!
-he retreats from his cover/building, back on your feets boyz, da fight iz not over waaaagh!
With the molotov you lost 1-3 soldiers but won the engagement.
Molotovs are a frightening weapon. It is cheap because it is often paired wit WAAAGH HURRAAAY.

That beeing said, the OKW molotov seems one step above...
13 Oct 2015, 18:25 PM

I 100% agree with a lot of the complaints of this thread. The problem I see Soviets have when it comes to the Molotov is that other than forcing units in cover or occupying a structure to move it has very little use. All other factions’ base infantry have access to grenades that can when used correctly punish opponents that are not paying attention. The Molotov simply does not do enough damage for its munitions cost to throw.

What are you talking about? Molotov does great damage if they sit in it. Not to mention you'll shoot the guy dead if he's standing in it.

It's weak if they dodge it, but it's cheap enough that you can get away with using it just as cover denial (since that will usually let you win a fight anyway.)
Hat
13 Oct 2015, 19:03 PM

What are you talking about? Molotov does great damage if they sit in it. Not to mention you'll shoot the guy dead if he's standing in it.

I'd be cool if Axis HMGS had a long ass animation to pick up the gunner when killed or if the Allied HMGs actually suppressed enough to prevent infantry from running straight at them across an open field.

Aside from the Vickers the allies don't a reliable HMG.
13 Oct 2015, 20:08 PM

Molotov is ok now, so calm down fellas.
14 Oct 2015, 07:26 AM

Since the last patch molotovs are much improved. Noticeably more effective, especially versus MGs and mortars given their undeploy time. If used vs a depleted team, a complete model loss is virtually guaranteed.

Against an inf squad where attention is stretched and so momentarily elsewhere load shedding in multiple simultaneous firefights, a thrown molotov just like OKW's replacement incendiary grenade = complete squad loss. OUCH!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★