Agreed, Soviets put more heavier armour, because
T-34 have more armor than Pz.IV
T-34-85 > Pz.IV Ausf.J
KV-1 > Panther
SU-85 > JgPz.IV
ISU > Ele

And about 80 HP buff:
SU-76 surely doesn't need that buff, while StuG III definitely need 560 HP
because PTRS are better against StuG than Schreks aganst SU-76.

Thats not what i mean. you see the i2 and isu152 far more then the elephant or kingtiger. and comparing mediums is largely irrelevant anyway.
31 Jul 2015, 18:13 PM
Donator 11

Muni cost isn't necessary IMO, Stug has target weak point which is massively useful at all stages of the game. Barrage is basically just an area-denial tool, you can avoid the first shot every time if you're paying enough attention. (Not including MG-s)
31 Jul 2015, 21:09 PM
Honorary Member Badge

invised a 3 offtopic/silly posts.

move along now :)
1 Aug 2015, 00:13 AM

the walls of su76 are a pain in the ass, they can kill both ur paks and tanks
1 Aug 2015, 00:34 AM

the walls of su76 are a pain in the ass, they can kill both ur paks and tanks

That's the problem , as I see it. The intent of the last patch was to "create a need for combined arms" BUT -- when all your early units are both anti-inf and anti-armor like the Zis gun and SU-76 you don't need variety. Pick one or the other(and perhaps rarely, both), create a wall behind your maxim spam, and VIOLA!! you got yourself a non-combined arms army that does everything you need against early inf with lower numbers and light vehicles. This works very well because these units tier well into the late game, especially because they can be easily massed and maintained during the light vehicle 'phase' before the med vehicle 'phase' they were designed for. Remove barrage OR give to OST as well. Why is it only the Russians in the CoH world that thought of different shells and varying doctrinal uses for artillery/AT guns/TDs?? The Jerries are just too stupid for such advanced thinking??? Like they did with the 88s (wish we had those back) dunno....
2 Aug 2015, 23:14 PM

There's another thread on the SU-76 here

But IMO, Barrage isn't the issue, its effective but that isn't the issue, its the pennetration of the Su-76 that makes it really problematic. If it can deal with Panthers, Tigers and Elefants from the front when it could never do that historically, considering how early it comes into the game, then it is a problem.

2 Aug 2015, 23:20 PM

If the barrage gives problems, which i dont think that much i would rather see it as a vet1 abillity.
3 Aug 2015, 20:52 PM

its damage and range +free barrage with low cost and spam it easily,what happened to:loco::loco: this patch :loco:
4 Aug 2015, 04:52 AM

Su76 is quite painful for me now. I dont find a good counter.
It feels like a untouchable racing car with the ability to attack tanks pretty effective + a button for free paks.

Very lucky flank attacks with puma did it.

I liked the underrated old STUG III much more, even with lower heath, because of it's gun spash damage. Was kinda long range ai + at support for me. Like the su76 is with its barrage.
4 Aug 2015, 06:09 AM

Tactical movement>SU-76M
4 Aug 2015, 19:47 PM

The barrage is fine I think, but SU-76 wall is problematic. They can't reduce it's range since it has low HP and armor and it's not that fast to do hit and runs.

I think they need to lower it's ROF a bit.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★