Login

russian armor

Flacktrack

29 Jul 2015, 11:26 AM

What about JPIV hitting field before Sherman? By that logic, JPIV is broken as well.

Why the hell would you want to get a tank destroyer if there arent any tanks lol
29 Jul 2015, 11:34 AM

Why the hell would you want to get a tank destroyer if there arent any tanks lol

Simple counter play. When I smell Sherman rush, I pick JPIV to deny it.
29 Jul 2015, 11:42 AM

Whole point of Captain tier is to counter mech. Even then Puma is a good choice assuming your not beelining flak HQ.

They go LT>build Flaktrack

They go CPT>build Puma

I agree that vs Sovs Flaktrack is very risky, but idk what to say.

you do realise that the usf track completely shuts down the okw track. and the okw track isnt useful against the brits either im speaking from my alpha experience.
29 Jul 2015, 11:45 AM

What about JPIV hitting field before Sherman? By that logic, JPIV is broken as well.

very shitty example . when they arrive the bulk of the army still consists out of infantry.
The jp4 can only counter the sherman the m 5 quad does not only counter the aa track but also the whole army german army.
29 Jul 2015, 11:54 AM

It would help a lot if they finally fixed its accuracy so it won't just keep hitting random spots in the terrain instead of the enemy. This makes this unit far too unreliable and OKW cannot afford to pay so much for a unit that does not deliver and is easily negated.
29 Jul 2015, 11:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2015, 11:45 AMZyllen

very shitty example . when they arrive the bulk of the army still consists out of infantry.
The jp4 can only counter the sherman the m 5 quad does not only counter the aa track but also the whole army german army.

You already have blob of Volks/Fusiliers, MG, Leig, so you don't need more AI, while well managed Sherman can wipe each squad one by one if you don't have any hard counter.
29 Jul 2015, 12:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2015, 11:54 AMgokkel
It would help a lot if they finally fixed its accuracy so it won't just keep hitting random spots in the terrain instead of the enemy. This makes this unit far too unreliable and OKW cannot afford to pay so much for a unit that does not deliver and is easily negated.

Or your own troops! :D
29 Jul 2015, 12:06 PM

How about different response to different battlefield situations? Going flacktruck against Stuart is stupid. It's OK for OKW to not build Flacktruck every game.

USF players go Stuart almost every game now and Soviet players will almost always get early M5's. Which is the problem; the Flaktrack can't be used because people can get a counter out to it (that it can't avoid or fight back at) at the same time it hits the field.

29 Jul 2015, 12:07 PM

Its called anticipation.

Its this thingy that allows your anus not to be stretched too much when you'll see a unit you otherwise wouldn't have a deterrent or counter for and would be rolled over by it.
29 Jul 2015, 12:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2015, 11:42 AMZyllen

you do realise that the usf track completely shuts down the okw track. and the okw track isnt useful against the brits either im speaking from my alpha experience.

If this is true, why does the entire 1v1 metagame of USF vs OKW centers heavily around the OKW flak trak? It has been ever since the ober nerf. After mg-34 buff and stuart buff it's been a little different, but you still see flak tracks bought very often at top play.

If you think the USF HT shuts down the OKW flak HT you are being terrible, as even 1 shreck hit will make the OKW HT win. Please support your light vehicles with infantry or anti tank guns.

Buffing it would screw up the early game dynamics for absolutely no reason.
29 Jul 2015, 12:18 PM

Giving it more health so it can survive an extra AT gun shot wouldn't exactly break the game. It can't fire while moving so 1 shot will always force it to retreat while the USF AA HT can still fire while moving away.
29 Jul 2015, 12:20 PM

Giving it more health so it can survive an extra AT gun shot wouldn't exactly break the game. It can't fire while moving so 1 shot will always force it to retreat while the USF AA HT can still fire while moving away.

Why does it need buffs in the first place? It's used incredibly often even without the buff.

It has free smoke which makes it much more survivable than the USF AA HT, and it can come out significantly earlier.

Why do you want every single axis unit to get buffed to be significantly better than its allied counterpart?

The flak HT is already significantly better than the USF one due to it's smoke and scaling + insane damage output.

You said you dont play 1v1, so why do you speak about it?
29 Jul 2015, 12:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2015, 12:20 PMBurts

Why does it need buffs in the first place? It's used incredibly often even without the buff.

It has free smoke which makes it much more survivable than the USF AA HT, and it can come out significantly earlier.

Why do you want every single axis unit to get buffed to be significantly better than its allied counterpart?

The flak HT is already significantly better than the USF one due to it's smoke and scaling + insane damage output.

You said you dont play 1v1, so why do you speak about it?

The Flak HT doesn't really have much in the way of scaling because it can't stick around on the field once actual real AT hit's the field (you can't counter play smoke by just shooting through it). I don't want every single Axis unit buffed (although I guess it's par for the course for players like you to phrase every argument like that because le ebin fanboy meme) but Axis light vehicles right now are kinda bleh due to their very low survivability.

I'm not at all apposed to the USF AA HT getting enough HP to survive an extra AT gun shot, but right now the Flak Track is used because OKW isn't swimming in options early game. A Flak Track represents a huge investment yet can only survive as many AT gun shots as the Kubel Can.

EDIT: One way to make it more survivable would be a skirts upgrade you buy for munitions so if you want to make your Flaktrack more tough you need to not get shreks or use nades.
29 Jul 2015, 12:34 PM

Simple counter play. When I smell Sherman rush, I pick JPIV to deny it.

A bit risky IMO with OKW
29 Jul 2015, 12:43 PM

You already have blob of Volks/Fusiliers, MG, Leig, so you don't need more AI, while well managed Sherman can wipe each squad one by one if you don't have any hard counter.

And the usf doesnt have bar blobs or the su shock and guard blobs? your still making very shitty examples.
29 Jul 2015, 12:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2015, 12:43 PMZyllen

And the usf doesnt have bar blobs or the su shock and guard blobs? your still making very shitty examples.

So.... you gonna make another AI unit when Sherman strikes at you?
29 Jul 2015, 12:45 PM

FT is absolutly fine as it.
29 Jul 2015, 12:49 PM

A bit risky IMO with OKW

Not really.

Often when I play OKW I go for early JP4.
Though that applies for 2v2 AT in my case.
29 Jul 2015, 12:56 PM

How useful a JPIV is depends entirely on how many SU-76's the enemy is spamming and how much he is supporting them. Versus USF if he's going for M10's forget the JPIV even exists.
29 Jul 2015, 12:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2015, 12:14 PMBurts

If this is true, why does the entire 1v1 metagame of USF vs OKW centers heavily around the OKW flak trak? It has been ever since the ober nerf. After mg-34 buff and stuart buff it's been a little different, but you still see flak tracks bought very often at top play.

flat out lie. you still have infantry that can stand up to rifles like fsj fusiliers and with the support of the jeagers even volks. and while obers are a bit overnerfed and need a mp reduction its doesnt change the fact they are still potent ai. and why take an aa track when you can get a luchs. and volks by themselves can still handle early game by themselves so no need for an early flak.

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2015, 12:14 PMBurts

If you think the USF HT shuts down the OKW flak HT you are being terrible, as even 1 shreck hit will make the OKW HT win. Please support your light vehicles with infantry or anti tank guns.

and the usf of course cannot support his flak . this just insane logic here when people always put 1 unit against an entire army and then say that 1 unit is (un)balanced because it cannot face said army.

Buffing it would screw up the early game dynamics for absolutely no reason.

perhaps

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 35
Mexico 18
unknown 5
Philippines 1
Peru 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W