Login

russian armor

USF - Worst faction in COH History

• This thread is locked
PAGES (11)down
27 Jul 2015, 07:14 AM

looks like I'm going to be doing 1v1's tomorrow for practice :luvDerp:
27 Jul 2015, 07:15 AM

Ratchet, Alex, I hope you 2 are done with derailing this thread because mods might just close it if it continues. ;)

Back on topic before I lock it myself.
27 Jul 2015, 07:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jul 2015, 07:15 AMsteel
Ratchet, Alex, I hope you 2 are done with derailing this thread because mods might just close it if it continues. ;)

I didn't start it, why you guys keep unbanning kwen is beyond me or anyone else really.
27 Jul 2015, 07:22 AM

We can talk about USF for long, but it is clear, that this faction need more units, buffs and redisign changes. I hope Jason with relic read this thread and make right changes for usf.
27 Jul 2015, 07:25 AM

Why not design the faction around documented reality and how the faction was supposed to have played out in the first place?

MOBILITY AND FLEXIBLITY WITH SOME EMPHASIS ON FOCUSED FIRE!!!

Soviets are more about volume and saturation via near endless excretions of metal, blood and fire. The US is more focused and direct in that regard but less about hoards and more about fire and maneuver. Micro is a big part of this faction but blobs will be blobs...

Soviets=Overwhelming and Indirect fire
USF=Focused Fire and Shoot and Scoot

That's just my over generalization however...

I think the Engine couldn't handle that, documented reality was that 1 German Soldier killed 14 Soviets. To Keep things "balanced" Grens Squad= 4ppl and Conscript= 32ppl

And the US only won because the war was already lost for Germany due to the eastern front.
(I don't need to mention UK and France here,they did nothing)
27 Jul 2015, 07:26 AM

Alex vs Queen
I literally cried.

Guys I have the real solution.
So MGs are total shit if they can't suppress single infantry, but too powerful if they don't, right?
No wait but I have the solution.
So add one more guy to the Axis MG squads AND THEN MAKE THEM COST LESS TO REINFORCE
AND THEN MAKE THEM WORSE AT SUPPRESSING SINGLE SQUADS
BUT THEN MAKE IT TAKE LONG ENOUGH TO PIN THAT RIFLES CAN GET CLOSE ENOUGH TO CHUCKANADE
AND ALSO MAKE SUPPRESSION EFFECT DECAY SLOWER
AND THEN MAKE THE NADE CHEAPER
BUT THEN ALSO INCREASE THE DAMAGE / ACCURACY OF THE MG SO THE NADE TOSSES ARE RISKY OR MAKE IT MORE SO DAMAGE / ACCURACY LONGER IS SUPPRESSED ENEMY

Well, I figure that can be boiled down to "make MGs do less suppression, but more damage, yet buffer them from the inevitable grenade threat."

Good positioning should always be rewarded, and bad positioning punished. The supposed issue with the MG42 is that it "completely shuts down rifles", well, I see it differently. Rather, I think that the MG counters too hard, and that nades also counter the MGs too hard, but I want to maintain this very tangible reward and punishment of positiong, HOWEVER, this will also provide the option for the USF / Sov player to bleed and spend muni to get HMGs to retreat.
This is still quite different from the patch before the MG buffs, since blobs would be forced onto the ground for longer while not being pinned, and the MG would likely survive, and the blobs would likely have sustained more damage.

I think it's far better this more soft-counter way. USF would have the (very manpower expensive) option of brute forcing their way through their bad decision to walk into an HMG.
27 Jul 2015, 07:34 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jul 2015, 07:26 AMJaedrik

So add one more guy to the Axis MG squads AND THEN MAKE THEM COST LESS TO REINFORCE
AND THEN MAKE THEM WORSE AT SUPPRESSING SINGLE SQUADS
BUT THEN MAKE IT TAKE LONG ENOUGH TO PIN THAT RIFLES CAN GET CLOSE ENOUGH TO CHUCKANADE
AND ALSO MAKE SUPPRESSION EFFECT DECAY SLOWER
AND THEN MAKE THE NADE CHEAPER
BUT THEN ALSO INCREASE THE DAMAGE / ACCURACY OF THE MG SO THE NADE TOSSES ARE RISKY OR MAKE IT MORE SO DAMAGE / ACCURACY LONGER IS SUPPRESSED ENEMY

no
27 Jul 2015, 07:36 AM

Ok.

So I read through 2nd page (if you have 100 posts per page) and it was all crazy offtopic.

I think this thread here is done. If you wish to continue discussing about USF, create another thread and I'll promise to monitor that thread post by post myself.
27 Jul 2015, 12:21 PM
Senior Caster Badge

If anything, Luvnest proved that USF are okay. I had him up to his base territories in the mid game and he came back from it. I was playing Wehrmacht
29 Jul 2015, 22:10 PM
Senior Caster Badge

I take it back. Everything. I can't give an opinion on balance.

PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 61

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment