Login

russian armor

USF - Worst faction in COH History

• This thread is locked
PAGES (11)down
26 Jul 2015, 07:47 AM

Fighting pits behind shot blockers can nullify MGs.
26 Jul 2015, 08:43 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Show us then, stream usf and show all us how to play.

You clearly haven't been on my stream lately. I've won endless games with USF this patch against axis. Even coming back from my base in the late game. It's NOT THAT HARD!

And if you need proof of that you can watch me doing hit here lol! http://www.twitch.tv/stormless/v/8439438

In this video i'm beating two high level axis players with Mechanized Doctrine.. and why you ask?? Because USF is powerful!
26 Jul 2015, 08:58 AM

You clearly haven't been on my stream lately. I've won endless games with USF this patch against axis. Even coming back from my base in the late game. It's NOT THAT HARD!

And if you need proof of that you can watch me doing hit here lol! http://www.twitch.tv/stormless/v/8439438

In this video i'm beating two high level axis players with Mechanized Doctrine.. and why you ask?? Because USF is powerful!

High level? That was againts a 3000+ ranked AT team http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198137999921. They were completely trash.

Just because someone managed to beat ostheer during march deployment doesn't mean ostheer was horribly OP at that time (this was around 1 year ago). Look at the winratios, and pretty much most people agree that USF is UP this patch , except dusty and you, maybe some other good players, and obviously the people who either have no clue or never play USF.

Back in the days of OP AA HT and what not ostheer could beat USF, that doesn't change the fact that USF was at a significant advantage over OST

I'm very skeptical about dusty proving how USF isint UP but ill eagearly watch his strims once he gets around to streaming.
26 Jul 2015, 09:34 AM
Patrion 14

People who say USF is still strong don't play USF enough, even dusty says there UP but still viable. I agree with the UP part and yes there viable vs people who make alot of mistakes. USF is hands down THE most glass cannon faction, not to mention making mistakes is so unforgiving playing as USF. You don't have elite infantry to replace rifles, you don't have strong tanks to replace weaker ones. What you see is what you get as USF and honestly what you get is nothing special.

2 bars barely beat grens and rifles get wiped so fast. You know what a huge loss losing a riflesquad is? It's 120 muni down the drain for below average weapons. While grens are 240mp and only pay 60 muni for there above average lmg's.

Hell airborne barely win vs grens and have to resort to using EXTRA muni when using the suppresion ability. I love it when people say support your rifles with another unit to deal with ONE single unit, or send 3 squads to deal with an hmg. Great tip! 3 rifles vs 1 hmg while the rest of the map gets overflooded by grens! USF doesn't have 1 more Squad then werh which they need to flank.

The dusty strat looks great, but if you noticed, he doesn't make a single tank for except jacksons. Is this what USF is come to? Mass infantry + support spam and just float 500 fuel in late game because you had to spend all your mp to keep your head above water? USF is broken, people need to be realistic.
nee
26 Jul 2015, 09:46 AM

Having read some comments here, I'm personally thinking that USF might have been better off with five veterancy levels, to at least make up for most of their units like Riflemen being subpar at vet0. I mean, a lot of OKW units for their part can vet up pretty fast.
26 Jul 2015, 09:51 AM

-Adding M18 Hellcat provides a fast,agile and relatively decent tank destroyer.
-M24 Chaffee would be like Sherman-lite but with paper armor,cheaper cost and superior speed.
-Sherman Jumbo would essentially provide an actual tank that can "ACTUALLY TANK HITS".
-Calliope provides a Katyusha/PanzerWerfer type unit with a tank's armor.
-Motorcycle or another light vehicle for reconnaissance...once again with emphasis on mobility.
-add 6th model to Riflemen squad or at least add an extra man at vet 3 or something...
-Give USF a mortar (unless the mini-howitzer is actually decent nowadays).

What Could Go Wrong?
+1
26 Jul 2015, 10:14 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2015, 08:58 AMBurts

High level? That was againts a 3000+ ranked AT team http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198137999921. They were completely trash.

So basically USF is soo shit lately that you belived you were fighting "high ranked" axis players.. Or [insert USF is viable comment here] :romeoPls:

26 Jul 2015, 10:59 AM
Senior Caster Badge

So basically USF is soo shit lately that you belived you were fighting "high ranked" axis players.. Or [insert USF is viable comment here] :romeoPls:

They are not bad players at all. And you should have seen the game! They played well. They had 2 elephants at one point.

Really not impossible to win with USF. I'm really hoping that everyone else here knows btw that Ratchet is the CoH2.orgs most notorious troll and if you listen to anything he says you will develop cancer :P
26 Jul 2015, 11:01 AM
Donator 22

It is funny to see in this thread, that some people proof that they have success with USF in 1vs1 and 2vs2. And on the other side there people who complaining :D
But yeah they definitely need something :foreveralone:
26 Jul 2015, 11:02 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Also! This is my playercard.. http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198033828058

I get ranked against high players all the time. And USF is the strongest faction I play at the moment.

Totally 1000000000% disagree with this argument. You can say 'They were bad players' all you want lol. People at the top of the game are still winning against other top players with this faction. Late game is not impossible, the only real argument is that it's a little more difficult if anything
26 Jul 2015, 11:05 AM

They are not bad players at all. And you should have seen the game! They played well. They had 2 elephants at one point.

Really not impossible to win with USF. I'm really hoping that everyone else here knows btw that Ratchet is the CoH2.orgs most notorious troll and if you listen to anything he says you will develop cancer :P

The fact that they had 2 elephants at one point just proves that they had no idea what they are doing. And yes, keep insisiting on how a 3000++ ranked AT team played wel . And who saying USF is impossible? You simply keep bringing up anectodal evidence of beating complete scrubs and calling everyone trolls. Atleast dusty beat some high ranked players, and dusty is the only person i saw who actually managed to beat high ranked players
26 Jul 2015, 11:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2015, 11:05 AMBurts

The fact that they had 2 elephants at one point just proves that they had no idea what they are doing. And yes, keep insisiting on how a 3000++ ranked AT team played wel . And who saying USF is impossible? You simply keep bringing up anectodal evidence of beating complete scrubs and calling everyone trolls. Atleast dusty beat some high ranked players, and dusty is the only person i saw who actually managed to beat high ranked players

Ratchet = everyone :megusta:

Nice trolling. :megusta:
Anyone think a single word from Ratchet not trolling is 100% trolling or simply retarded. That guy was banned like 3 times and still trolling here.
26 Jul 2015, 11:24 AM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2015, 11:05 AMBurts

I've played loads of games against high ranking players. Hence why the rank is kept high lol! That's why I link my playercard. Sorry I didn't give you a game against top rank, I wanted to show you that USF can come back despite being on the back foot against axis. Plenty of people on my stream have seen me beat high levels with USF.

They had 2 elefants because the first got abandoned and they recrewed it you fool. Clearly didn't watch the video did you :P The whole point was that there ARE ways to come back against Axis late game. Jesus Christ..

So first of all, those guys played a great game. It's a shame they are at that rank because me and hat were around rank 200 - 400 and they easily played the game to our level. However we did come out on top of that. You don't need to call them noobs or bad players, because they aren't at all.

Secondly, Ratchet is a troll :P I could put £100 down that Ratchet doesn't actually think USF are underpowered he just wants to stir s*** on the forums and that is why he gets banned consistently.

Sorry to say this Burts because i've never had any issues with you, but it seems like you have an opinion stuck in your head that you can't be talked out of. I used to think USF was really crap and underpowered too. But I watched people play it and play it will and I learnt from it. It's now gone from my worst to best faction. So I would just highly suggest that before these forums crying USF is 'completely useless', people need to go and see that there are ways of winning, there are effective strategies and there are people with 15-20 + win streaks with this faction!
26 Jul 2015, 11:36 AM

I've played loads of games against high ranking players. Hence why the rank is kept high lol! That's why I link my playercard. Sorry I didn't give you a game against top rank, I wanted to show you that USF can come back despite being on the back foot against axis. Plenty of people on my stream have seen me beat high levels with USF.

They had 2 elefants because the first got abandoned and they recrewed it you fool. Clearly didn't watch the video did you :P The whole point was that there ARE ways to come back against Axis late game. Jesus Christ..

So first of all, those guys played a great game. It's a shame they are at that rank because me and hat were around rank 200 - 400 and they easily played the game to our level. However we did come out on top of that. You don't need to call them noobs or bad players, because they aren't at all.

Secondly, Ratchet is a troll :P I could put £100 down that Ratchet doesn't actually think USF are underpowered he just wants to stir s*** on the forums and that is why he gets banned consistently.

Sorry to say this Burts because i've never had any issues with you, but it seems like you have an opinion stuck in your head that you can't be talked out of. I used to think USF was really crap and underpowered too. But I watched people play it and play it will and I learnt from it. It's now gone from my worst to best faction. So I would just highly suggest that before these forums crying USF is 'completely useless', people need to go and see that there are ways of winning, there are effective strategies and there are people with 15-20 + win streaks with this faction!

Oh, ok, so ratchet is trolling. Whatever. But what does your playercard have to do with it? The fact that you are a fairly competetent player just proves my point (and a huge number of other good players) that USF is completely dead this patch. Those 15-20+ streaks are from last patches, if you look at the top leaderboards, most people in the top 20 having played USF this patch.

So who exactly are you learning from? Because pretty much every single good player i asked said don't play USF. If you would read the thread, you would see that the majority of players agree that USF is bad. Hell, even dusty im pretty sure yesterday on the twitch chat agreed that USF is UP, althought he still maintained his stance that they are viable (which is completely fine).

I played a huge number of USF games this patch in 1v1, and i honestly have no idea how you are supposed to play. I can beat bad players,yes but againts people in the top 50-100 i have completely no chance. I can easily beat them or atleast have a fun and equal game againts them with any other faction, but if im USF, i get completely stomped.

If you could, perhaps stream some 1v1s or something because, well, most people i've seen agree that USF is horrible this patch.

And just how many USF 1v1s have you played this patch?
26 Jul 2015, 11:45 AM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2015, 11:36 AMBurts

I played a huge number of USF games this patch in 1v1, and i honestly have no idea how you are supposed to play. I can beat bad players,yes but againts people in the top 50-100 i have completely no chance. I can easily beat them or atleast have a fun and equal game againts them with any other faction, but if im USF, i get completely stomped.

My wins are from this patch for real bar maybe 1 game from previous patch. I've been playing 1v1 quite a lot since the patch seriously and i've enjoyed it a lot more now. Even using things like Mechanized commander in 1v1 has been quite enjoyable. I actually fully agree with you USF are not as easy to play. But I think all the abilities and strengths are there to win. It's a lot more micro intensive than axis.

I wouldn't say that there are a bad faction or even underpowered however.

I learn because I've been watching a lot of the live games, OMG pop etc. I've been doing a lot more casting than playing recently and because i've been doing that i've seen a lot of really good ways to utilise USF units. And when I implement that myself I actually USF to be quite potent. The main thing about USF that I discovered is that you don't even need T4 for most of the game. The USF AT gun is so so strong against axis atm, especially medic build to JP4 because of it's sight range. The kind of manpower USF has and the bar/zook cost now means you can have multipurpose infantry all over the battlefield.

26 Jul 2015, 12:17 PM

My wins are from this patch for real bar maybe 1 game from previous patch. I've been playing 1v1 quite a lot since the patch seriously and i've enjoyed it a lot more now. Even using things like Mechanized commander in 1v1 has been quite enjoyable. I actually fully agree with you USF are not as easy to play. But I think all the abilities and strengths are there to win. It's a lot more micro intensive than axis.

I wouldn't say that there are a bad faction or even underpowered however.

I learn because I've been watching a lot of the live games, OMG pop etc. I've been doing a lot more casting than playing recently and because i've been doing that i've seen a lot of really good ways to utilise USF units. And when I implement that myself I actually USF to be quite potent. The main thing about USF that I discovered is that you don't even need T4 for most of the game. The USF AT gun is so so strong against axis atm, especially medic build to JP4 because of it's sight range. The kind of manpower USF has and the bar/zook cost now means you can have multipurpose infantry all over the battlefield.

Oh really?

Even if you did play USF this patch, it was at patch then and you definately have not been playing "alot of" 1v1s this patch.
26 Jul 2015, 12:41 PM
Senior Caster Badge

I have been playing a lot of 1v1 this patch lol.. why do you pick out 1 faction and highlight it?
26 Jul 2015, 12:42 PM
Senior Caster Badge

This topic is dead. Not having any reasonable or constructive conversation here!

Laters x
26 Jul 2015, 12:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2015, 11:36 AMBurts

So who exactly are you learning from? Because pretty much every single good player i asked said don't play USF

So Dusty and Stormless are not good players? As opposed to what, you and ratchet saying USF are useless?

I'm just gonna side with the former here :snfPeter:
26 Jul 2015, 12:45 PM

I have been playing a lot of 1v1 this patch lol.. why do you pick out 1 faction and highlight it?

Probably because you just said that you have been playing alot of USF 1v1 this patch, and this entire topic about USF, and you were talking about how USF is very good. But it's okay, ill eagearly watch your stream once you get around, maybe i can learn some things ;) But i guess you are out of this conservartino already because it's not "constructive". But just completely nullifying peoples arguements by calling them trolls is contributing alot to the "constructivness" of this thread.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS