• This thread is locked
PAGES (11)down
25 Jul 2015, 10:28 AM

USF is amazing, its fine ffs

25 Jul 2015, 10:31 AM

USF is amazing, its fine ffs

25 Jul 2015, 10:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2015, 09:23 AMBurts

The 222 change was bad. It seemed like a good change at first , but because it was not playtested at all, and suggested by a community member who frankly does not have a good idea of how it can impact the early game balance, it made the m20 pretty much uselesss.

I guess you are talking about me. First off I highly doubt relic just took my suggestion at face value. Hell I didn't even suggest it be implemented as current. I suggested it cost atleast 30 fuel. It's not as if I favor wher considering I play USF 90% of the time. But I played alpha and whermacht couldn't compete without light vehicles. The 221 was useless and getting rid of it was the obvious choice.

Unit's have counters just because one now exists at a reasonable time doesn't mean the unit is worthless. How about instead of whining you actually protect your M20 with mines and bazookas. It was always designed to be a minelayer and harasser anyway. Use it properly instead of charging it in like some sort of early shock unit and it will perform just fine.

Maybe if you came up with actually good suggestions you might see them in game as well.
25 Jul 2015, 10:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2015, 10:17 AMBurts

Trust me, i've tried, but againts competent players you really cannot afford to tech major. Againts OKW you might be, but againts ostheer going major is just complete suicide.

And im talking about IS-2 + T3 units. There is no reason to go T4 as soviets this patch.

Ah yes, no reason to want the most efficient rocket artillery in the game or the T34/85 (one of the best mediums in the game). Against Ost major isn't suicide; it's just that USF now actually can play the game without rushing major since you can get easier access to support weapons.

Ostheer teching got some huge delays, outside of the early game what is the issue here.
25 Jul 2015, 10:43 AM

I guess you are talking about me. First off I highly doubt relic just took my suggestion at face value. Hell I didn't even suggest it be implemented as current. I suggested it cost atleast 30 fuel. It's not as if I favor wher considering I play USF 90% of the time. But I played alpha and whermacht couldn't compete without light vehicles. The 221 was useless and getting rid of it was the obvious choice.

Unit's have counters just because one now exists at a reasonable time doesn't mean the unit is worthless. How about instead of whining you actually protect your M20 with mines and bazookas. It was always designed to be a minelayer and harasser anyway. Use it properly instead of charging it in like some sort of early shock unit and it will perform just fine.

Maybe if you came up with actually good suggestions you might see them in game as well.

I wasn't reffering specifically to you, so please don't take it personally. All i'm saying was that the 222 change wasn't tested properly.

Somehow OST competed with USF just fine the previous patches, even if the 222 costed munis. And the 222 was still made, so i fail to see what you are trying to say here. The m20 makes no sense because the 222 is cheaper and counters it very easily. USF needs a shock unit early game because rifles simply do not cut it againts the current MGs. A stuart currently is such a unit, AA HT is to a lesser extent. M20 has lost its shock value.
25 Jul 2015, 10:59 AM

Where-ever did you get that idea from? Kappa

It is quite annoying, especially when you are at the point where you rely on the major's retreat point. I really hate how the racks are spaced; they should all just be right next to each located at the spot where infantry retreat. Sometimes the weapon i want tends to be at the other side of the base where infantry retreat at..
I got the idea from looking at the Major when his retreat ability is activated. He has a radio antenna next to him and a crate of some kind. It would be super helpful if that 120 Fuel Officer was nice enough to provide his men with BARs and Bazookas upon falling back to him. Over-paid cheapskate! :P
25 Jul 2015, 11:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2015, 10:43 AMBurts

I wasn't reffering specifically to you, so please don't take it personally. All i'm saying was that the 222 change wasn't tested properly.

Somehow OST competed with USF just fine the previous patches, even if the 222 costed munis. And the 222 was still made, so i fail to see what you are trying to say here. The m20 makes no sense because the 222 is cheaper and counters it very easily. USF needs a shock unit early game because rifles simply do not cut it againts the current MGs. A stuart currently is such a unit, AA HT is to a lesser extent. M20 has lost its shock value.
Sorry for getting worked up.:oops:

I think you are right that ostheer got a few too many buffs to their early game, between the new MG42s, pios, and snipers it's a bit too much. I really don't think the problem with USF if their light vehicles though, in fact that's probably the only good thing they have going for them. Nor do I think the changes made were particularly wrong moves.

It's just that the game was changed so that rifles can't deal with every single situation. The problem being that relic didn't give USF the proper changes to actually be effective in this new environment. So USF is forced from the very beginning to be reactive to their opponent and is drained of both manpower and munitions trying to win every engagement with the now underwhelming power of rifles.

Relic was stupid to cut the mortar despite the large majority saying that they needed it, while not really dealing with the already existing issues of the faction. USF has way too many weaknesses and the few things that actually worked before are now weaker then ever. Relic needs to actually take a good look at the USF and really think about what they need to be a good faction across all modes, which is something they really haven't done since the WFA alpha.
25 Jul 2015, 11:21 AM

The most recent patch was basically all community sourced ideas. Gtfo troll.

And how long ago did we need those changes? It's not like it took more than a year for them to come out.

Please. If they actually listened, there would not have been as nearly enough people leaving if they provided constant updates instead of their stupid ass NDA PR talk.

Oh, and one more thing. People have been asking for a USF redesign for a year already. LOOOOOOL where is it? It is by far the most brainlessly designed faction right now. But then again, why would relic care? People already bought it, it's not like steam refunds were available back then.
25 Jul 2015, 11:47 AM
Donator 11

OThe T34/85 and Easy Eight come sooner now than they did before because you don't need to unlock them with CP's.

I really had to stop there. You are still on your pain meds and has no conception of time
25 Jul 2015, 11:55 AM

I really had to stop there. You are still on your pain meds and has no conception of time

Relic literally wrote in the patch notes themselves that the point of changing T34/85's to zero CP's and putting them in a tier building was to make them come earlier but at a price.
25 Jul 2015, 12:07 PM

imo the main problem is the bad vet scaling of the units. Make them vet up more slowly but give them good vet bonuses like x1,5 damage on vet3 like in vcoh
25 Jul 2015, 12:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2015, 10:43 AMBurts

the 222 change wasn't tested properly, yes. It was added for fear that the USF would dominate the Ost with stuarts.

Given the almost identical cost between the captain and the LT, the m20 becoming obsolete was inevitable. There's just no competition between a heavy scout vehicle and a light tank.
25 Jul 2015, 12:51 PM

If you play well and don't bleed, you can get T34 85s at the 5 CP mark easily. The notion that putting units behind tech makes them come later is an oversight as previously you could tech up to tier 3/4 at the 4 CP mark if you tried, so if you want to start building your T34 85s at 12CP onwards you're welcome to try.
25 Jul 2015, 13:03 PM

USF is the strongest faction in 1v1, bye
25 Jul 2015, 13:22 PM

USF is the strongest faction in 1v1, bye

See? someone agrees with me.

25 Jul 2015, 13:35 PM

When the Brits arrived, there will be no reasons to play USF.
It will be the ghost faction.
I really don't understand why Relic Devs put no real love into them.

Great post thank you.

So you think Dev team love Soviet? A gimped faction since release
25 Jul 2015, 13:37 PM

the 222 change wasn't tested properly, yes. It was added for fear that the USF would dominate the Ost with stuarts.

Given the almost identical cost between the captain and the LT, the m20 becoming obsolete was inevitable. There's just no competition between a heavy scout vehicle and a light tank.

Relic didn't fear at all the changes for Ostheer would make the faction dominating USF early game but still is able to proactively boost Ostheer mid game because you know maybe USF could have a windows to dominate in return for some time. While the faction remains the best end game faction with best stock tanks and possible call-in.

It is amazing that they implemented all changes from the alpha excepted USF's ones. And now they are acknowledging the situation is broken. Just have to wait 1 or 4 months.
25 Jul 2015, 13:59 PM

Permanently Banned

Absolute Rubbish... There are people at the top of the leaderboards who can beat number 1 axis players with USF. It's just a different playstyle but it is NOT impossible.

I'm not even going to explain the many ways you can overcome axis because I know that once people gain an opinion they won't shake it off :P However! You have to remember that there are people every day winning games against axis with USF.. even at top level play.

Show us then, stream usf and show all us how to play.
25 Jul 2015, 14:49 PM

Show us then, stream usf and show all us how to play.

You literally watched a stream of a USF player beating high ranked opponents and your still staying this?
25 Jul 2015, 14:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2015, 13:35 PMUGBEAR

So you think Dev team love Soviet? A gimped faction since release

Didn't say anything about soviets... ? But, I rather like them post patch.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS