Login

russian armor

Abilities that need tweaking

24 Jul 2015, 00:34 AM

This isn't going to be a majorly in depth analysis, but the following two abilities are on my shit list at the moment:

- Katyusha creeping barrage. This was supposed to be a nerf from precision strike, but I would argue that it's actually as good/better. I'm often soviets so I "enjoy" using this ability, but honestly it's too good in its current form, IMO.

- Stug Target Weak Point / stun thing. This ability causes me nothing but rage. I see Stugs all the time since the buff, and they seem to get Vet 1 quite fast on account of either Elite Troops, or because they're just genuinely pretty cheap and deal good damage (thus vet quickly). Stug is my most feared unit on the battlefield because of this ability and most axis players have clued into how amazing it is currently.

Agree / disagree? Any other abilities to add?
24 Jul 2015, 00:42 AM

Mark Target (for the OKW Command Panther and Soviet global ability) really needs to get looked at. They are both kinda brainless uncounterable abilities you just pop the minute your opponent sticks a piece of armor anywhere close to your lines so you can instantly kill it. It punishes low armor mediums far, far more than it punishes heavy tanks.

Change mark target to increased penetration instead of damage for the Soviet ability, and make the OKW mark target drastically increase accuracy against that unit.
24 Jul 2015, 00:43 AM
Patrion 14

agree on both.
24 Jul 2015, 00:58 AM

Stug Target Weak Point / stun thing please don't nerf this. I'm terrible at this game and this is one of the better crutches. gg
24 Jul 2015, 00:59 AM

Mark target changed to pen is something I also agree with.

I should also add the JPIV Camo also needs tweaking as we've discussed in the past. It only camoes until first shot or detection, then it cannot re-camo until it is out of combat.
24 Jul 2015, 01:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2015, 00:58 AMNapalm
Stug Target Weak Point / stun thing please don't nerf this. I'm terrible at this game and this is one of the better crutches. gg

Lol.

Stug + doctrine with panzer tactician smoke is the worst. Between the stun and the smoke the damn things are insanely frustrating to kill.
24 Jul 2015, 01:27 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Target Weakpoint is definitely too much now on a StuG. Certainly didn't seem so bad when the vulnerable Pak 40 (and very "expensive" TA) were the only platforms anyone used them on.

Give it ambush camo or something with a bonus on the first attack. A potential "combat" bonus, but one that requires a bit more than "Click on enemy tank"
24 Jul 2015, 10:56 AM

Rear Echelon Volley Fire - It's a death sentence for Rear Echelon to use this as even if used within a mixed force a quick focus fire will kill them in such a short space of time thus making it redundant.

Mark Targets Accuracy with OKW and Penetration for Russians or just Penetration for both as it is definitely one of those should be used against heavier tanks but in most cases its popped to deal with mediums, I'd argue Penetration also for OKW as I don't think it's a problem hitting things but some of the heavier Russian tanks they can have trouble against.

USF LMG Upgrade ability - remove ability to be activated when entering combat as its a defence not run forward and kick it off.
24 Jul 2015, 11:13 AM

I dont know why people complain about the TWP of the Stug after the patch...

It got a range nerf meaning its less of a threat, and cannot realistically shoot at tanks without taking return fire.
24 Jul 2015, 11:14 AM

Tripwire flares, anyone?
24 Jul 2015, 11:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2015, 11:13 AMCorsin
I dont know why people complain about the TWP of the Stug after the patch...

It got a range nerf meaning its less of a threat, and cannot realistically shoot at tanks without taking return fire.

Yes.

A range nerf from 50 to 50.

You're going to be new alex, spreading bullshit and misinformation now?

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★