Login

russian armor

Howitzers HP buff

16 Jul 2015, 14:39 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2015, 11:17 AMKatitof

The problem isn't bombing strike, its the ease of use of said strike for axis.
There are two strong doctrines that allow for 2 skill less clicks to hardcounter it.

Soviets have a 2 click hardcounter via commander as well. Don't pull the Axis needs nerfie nerfie me so fanboy fanboy here :guyokay:

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2015, 11:17 AMKatitof

You can't counter stuka dive, because its not a plane.
AA role was explained long time ago, its supposed to counter loitering planes, not single passes and it does just that.

This is true, yet the IL2 bombing strike doesn't get shot down 99% of the time, since the AA capabilities of the Ostheer are horrible. Ostwind won't succeed in killing a plane in the first pass, let alone a simple bombing run, which you can direct yourself so that it comes from the nearest corner, rendering the Ostheer's change of shooting it down even lower.

I agree with you that Stuka Dive bomb ability is lame, but that doesn't mean that Relic wishes Axis to be superior and Soviets the snotty child that will never get any love. Stop making these pathetic claims when you yourself haven't even played the game extensively.
16 Jul 2015, 14:41 PM

Camo would indeed be nice :D
16 Jul 2015, 15:19 PM

Make them cheaper in terms of manpower but add fuel cost to make viable option in late game (katy cost 360 85, howi could live with smth around 400 100) even if they can be destroyed. 600mp is just too much of investment for unit that can be countered so easily.

If you buff hp, it would lead nowhere. Problem is not howi hp, but commanders. CAS have recon, dive bomb, and at strafe on top of it, all ready to strike whenever CAS player wants thanks to fuel transfer, all uncounterable by any sane amount of AA. If Relic buff howi hp, only thing which would change is that howi would be at strafed prior to dive bombing to guarantee a kill.
16 Jul 2015, 18:00 PM

Permanently Banned
Question. What should counter artillery? Because its either CAS or nothing. Artillery can go eat shit and die.
16 Jul 2015, 18:08 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Question. What should counter artillery? Because its either CAS or nothing. Artillery can go eat shit and die.

You shouldn't be able to safely build it inside your base or under the protection of MG bunkers. On this way you can either buff it through a mp reduction or a HP buff.
16 Jul 2015, 23:37 PM

Get artillery when the situation ask for it, it's as simple as that. There is a large amount of players who enjoy the 4v4 sitter summer map and play for and hour doing nothing but artillary. That's not how the game is supposed to be played. It's a situational unit.
17 Jul 2015, 10:46 AM

hmm enemy has CAS, let me get my arty piece ofc.

Damn it got destroyed..how?
17 Jul 2015, 11:12 AM

Get artillery when the situation ask for it, it's as simple as that. There is a large amount of players who enjoy the 4v4 sitter summer map and play for and hour doing nothing but artillary. That's not how the game is supposed to be played. It's a situational unit.

Anything happening in 4v4 and their maps is a guide to "how the game is not supposed to be played".
Way too many players, not enough resource points, huge fuel and muni inflation, spam, spam, spam.

Thats why no one ever talks about balance and 4v4 in the same post, or at least no one sane should.
CAS 2 "skill clicks" are bullshit, same for ele doctrine and I believe that single ISU doctrine.

I don't mind off maps killing arty, but offmaps capable to do so should NOT under any circumstance be paired with recon planes.
17 Jul 2015, 11:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2015, 11:12 AMKatitof

Anything happening in 4v4 and their maps is a guide to "how the game is not supposed to be played".
Way too many players, not enough resource points, huge fuel and muni inflation, spam, spam, spam.

Thats why no one ever talks about balance and 4v4 in the same post, or at least no one sane should.
CAS 2 "skill clicks" are bullshit, same for ele doctrine and I believe that single ISU doctrine.

I don't mind off maps killing arty, but offmaps capable to do so should NOT under any circumstance be paired with recon planes.

Should arty be paired with recon planes?
17 Jul 2015, 11:27 AM

Should arty be paired with recon planes?

On map one or off-map one?
You can still shoot on map into FoW with reduced accuracy and I believe you should rely on spotters for sight and increased accuracy.
17 Jul 2015, 11:38 AM
Patrion 14

I'm fine with recon + bombs being in doctrines. What irks me is when doctrines that are supposedly hardcounter ed by onmap artillery come with the recon + bomb duo to counter their own counters. This applies to doctrines lIke the guard isu doctrine and the more popular elephant doctrine.

Hopefully relic will go back and look at all of their doctrines again.
17 Jul 2015, 11:57 AM

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ef/A_105_mm_light_gun_of_29_Commando_Regiment,_Royal_Artillery_sited_under_camouflage_netting_between_Fitzroy_and_Bluff_Cove_in_the_Falkland_Islands,_June_1982._FKD170.jpg

they should have the option to upgrade then to have camouflage abilities. so planes cant spot then only infatry, maybe that can give some defense too.

arty with camuflage cant be spot on map when is shootiing . maybe on map show a huge area in a circle, then ou need to go there and search and take out with infatry etc
17 Jul 2015, 13:04 PM

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ef/A_105_mm_light_gun_of_29_Commando_Regiment,_Royal_Artillery_sited_under_camouflage_netting_between_Fitzroy_and_Bluff_Cove_in_the_Falkland_Islands,_June_1982._FKD170.jpg

they should have the option to upgrade then to have camouflage abilities. so planes cant spot then only infatry, maybe that can give some defense too.

arty with camuflage cant be spot on map when is shootiing . maybe on map show a huge area in a circle, then ou need to go there and search and take out with infatry etc

Would the weapon crews get upgraded with glorious mustaches too like in the picture? If so I could get on board with that buff.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 650
unknown 20
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak