Login

russian armor

Sandbags Sandbags Everywhere

PAGES (8)down
15 Jul 2015, 01:13 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

I dont know about anyone else but I'm really tired of every single game the russian players just crap out sandbags all over the map. Stop to cap a point? Build sandbags. Thirsty? Have a sandbag. Maybe have some PTRS's for some flavor behind the sandbags? People literally spend entire games building sandbags and sitting behind them waiting to win an engagement.

There's no tactical movement in this game as long as people can just build green cover all over the map.

/rant
15 Jul 2015, 01:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jul 2015, 01:13 AMBudwise
I dont know about anyone else but I'm really tired of every single game the russian players just crap out sandbags all over the map. Stop to cap a point? Build sandbags. Thirsty? Have a sandbag. Maybe have some PTRS's for some flavor behind the sandbags? People literally spend entire games building sandbags and sitting behind them waiting to win an engagement.

There's no tactical movement in this game as long as people can just build green cover all over the map.

/rant

+1
15 Jul 2015, 01:22 AM

e-erm... volks can build sandbags too, right? o.o
aaa
15 Jul 2015, 01:25 AM

Sand bags totally Ok, easily counterable. SU cant build any other defensive positions dont have shooting schwer HQ. Dont have a abilit to play defensively in general. while single mg42 in building is already a stronghold.

Axis Defrensive noob play will be a cancer of this game when teeching to rocket truck will be that long.
15 Jul 2015, 01:28 AM
Donator 33

Soviet sandbags should be less durable (comparable to OKW sandbags).

It's funny how OKW sandbags get destroyed by one tank shell and even take serious damage in infantry fights but Soviet sandbags survive like 4 tank shells and basically last forever under small arms fire.
15 Jul 2015, 01:37 AM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

To be honest at first I really thought sandbags are a pain the ass but now I'm using snipers (or mortars on more clustered maps) to deal with them just fine. To be fair, without Sandbags cons are quite screwed against vet 3 LMG Grens. OKW on the contrary has a more difficult time against them. But yeah, reducing them to the durability of regular Volks sandbags wouldn't hurt.
15 Jul 2015, 01:45 AM

I think they should just take slightly longer to build. it's stupid that sometimes by the time my first gren squad gets to the fuel point, there's already a con squad sitting there behind sandbags, in my opinion.
aaa
15 Jul 2015, 01:46 AM

okw has a flak that destroys sanbags from safe range in few seconds. Plus okw has lot of defensive abilities schwer HQ and mg with big arc and others
15 Jul 2015, 01:51 AM

Change them to the exact stats of OKW/USF sandbags.

/thread

the way they are right now is silly. OKW actually has no way to deal with guards behind sandbags aside from throwing like 4 volks and praying you get lucky enough to win the fight. You'll still probably bleed more though.
15 Jul 2015, 01:52 AM

And don't forget rifle nade and mortar. SU sandbag is the only thing that keeps con alive late game.
15 Jul 2015, 01:56 AM

Or we could make OKW and USF sandbags as durable as Soviet ones (or at least HALF as durable). It's quite annoying when playing as OKW to have the sandbags your sitting behind be destroyed by your own shrek.

EDIT: Also make units constructing sandbags take more damage like builder units do.
15 Jul 2015, 01:58 AM

Cons are screwed without sandbags... Damn, they are already a drain late game, with sandbags.

Are you proposing to buff cons late game, or just take sandbags away, with nothing in return?

It's kind of sucky, that they are the only mainline infantry in the game, that have zero use late game, other than capping and building damn sandbags.

You really want to take one away?
15 Jul 2015, 02:00 AM

Cons are screwed without sandbags... Damn, they are already a drain late game, with sandbags.

Are you proposing to buff cons late game, or just take sandbags away, with nothing in return?

It's kind of sucky, that they are the only mainline infantry in the game, that have zero use late game, other than capping and building damn sandbags.

Just give them some late game love then.

It's really annoying how little counter play there is for OKW vs Soviet sandbags. Maybe the cheaper ISG will help.
15 Jul 2015, 02:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jul 2015, 02:00 AMCieZ

Just give them some late game love then.

It's really annoying how little counter play there is for OKW vs Soviet sandbags. Maybe the cheaper ISG will help.

Agreed. I think it's high time cons had a real role late game.

If something like that happened, I would not be opposed to reducing the health of the cons sandbag. Doesn't it take longer to build than a Volks bag though?
15 Jul 2015, 02:14 AM
Patrion 28

wurfrahmen :snfQuinn:

it's OP against anything stationary and is balanced by delaying the counters to everything else.
15 Jul 2015, 02:28 AM

Agreed. I think it's high time cons had a real role late game.

If something like that happened, I would not be opposed to reducing the health of the cons sandbag. Doesn't it take longer to build than a Volks bag though?

It covers a larger area. To cover as much area with the volk sandbag it takes the same amount of time.

wurfrahmen :snfQuinn:

100 fuel unit to counter basic sandbags? lol
15 Jul 2015, 02:39 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Just going to drop the stats for the OKW sandbags and Conscript sandbags

Conscripts Sandbags:
500 health
80 second build time (divide by six for 13.333333 seconds to build when all conscripts are working on it)
Target Size of 1
10 armour when constructed

OKW/USF Sandbags
110 health
35 armour when consctructed (I know that's weird)
60 second built time (12 seconds for a full Volk squad)
Target size of 1

Both offer heavy/green cover for that nice 0.5 received accuracy and received damage and have a maximum number of 8 for the engineers that can work on them during construction.

This means conscript sandbags are more likely to take damage from small-arms, but have a lot more health making them able to actually take shots from stray AT rounds without breaking and are build just as quickly. They also allow you to spread out more behind them as they have a larger model, though it also makes them more difficult to place unlike the single segement of OKW sandbags. OKW sandbags are built slightly faster but will also break much more easily to anything that isn't small-arms due to their low health.
15 Jul 2015, 03:00 AM

+1
Cons already have the +.07 received accuracy, so their life expectancy outside of green cover is suspiciously similar to 0.07 seconds. I don't complain about it though because if I did, everyone would tell me to fight in green cover, noob. Now people want to complain about the green cover?

Volks get panzershreks, Grenadiers get LMG's and can use panzerfaust, rifles get either LMG's or shitty, overpriced bazookas. Cons get nothing and end up scaling worse into late game than any other basic infantry. To top it off, keeping the +.07 to merged models nerfed the one of the most useful thing that Cons did. Now, their best use is to make sandbags for other units.
15 Jul 2015, 03:13 AM
Patrion 27

Soviet sandbags make sense at their large size though because 6 man cons need a lot of room to breath to all be in green cover.
15 Jul 2015, 04:03 AM

Building under fire should result in a lot more damage taken. That's all the nerf that's needed I think...
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS