Login

russian armor

Patch July 21st preview with Dusty and Luvnest

PAGES (13)down
13 Jul 2015, 19:35 PM

Are they? I see only a few complaints here, and of them none seem overtly dramatic.

Shoutbox, other threads, MG42 complaints, fuel cost complaints, etc etc.

Especially the fuel cost complaints.
13 Jul 2015, 19:37 PM

The MG42 had a suppression radius of 10 until the very last patch, now the maxim (suppression wise) will be the MG42 before the latest patch. So yes it will do AoE suppression now. The maxim technically always did AoE suppression, it just did extremely little now it will do AoE suppression like all the other machine guns in the game do.

Excellent, thanks for the info (so the maxim has suppression AoE of 10 then?). So now the Maxim will be able to suppress blobs finally, but not as well as the MG42. That's fair in my opinion.
13 Jul 2015, 19:39 PM

Overall very happy with and excited for these changes.

At first, I thought the changes to the T34/76 might've put it in an awkward place, being that it's neither as good against infantry as the T70 nor as potent against armor as the SU76 (both now T3 and available much sooner).

However, being able to spend 80 fuel late game on a quick, cheap tank that can flank and ram while your SU76/ZIS/SU85s hold the line... This could work. I'd have preferred a more expensive T34/76 that performed better (maybe 150% health, revert to its original faster rate of fire, 350/125 or so cost), but eh, wadda ya gonna do.

I guess we'll see. Also super stoked for the USF changes; early captain, BAR/Zook mixes, Pack How being affordable. Hnnnngh.
13 Jul 2015, 19:42 PM

Excellent, thanks for the info (so the maxim has suppression AoE of 10 then?). So now the Maxim will be able to suppress blobs finally, but not as well as the MG42. That's fair in my opinion.

Most of the MG's have a suppression radius of 13, which is the area in which they do suppression. So think of it like the area around the squad your MG is shooting at. Now the nearby multiplier is what actually makes that radius matter, up until now the maxim did functionally no AoE suppression because the .4 multiplier killed any hope of it. Now that it's tuned to .8 like the rest of the MG's in the game it can actually deal with blobs (or at least much more than it could before).

Some stats:

Suppression radius of the MG34/42/.50/Dhsk cal is 13

Suppression radius of the maxim is 10

Also to note the Maxim will finally be getting the incremental accuracy buff the other MG's got to!
13 Jul 2015, 19:45 PM

The MG42 had a suppression radius of 10 until the very last patch, now the maxim (suppression wise) will be the MG42 before the latest patch. So yes it will do AoE suppression now. The maxim technically always did AoE suppression, it just did extremely little now it will do AoE suppression like all the other machine guns in the game do.

The nearby multiplier is what gives machine guns AoE suppression, that and suppression radius.

Just to clear any possible confusion nearby suppression multiplier is the % of suppression that gets passed onto nearby squads. How far of an area that supression is passed on is not this value but nearby suppresion radius.

The nearby suppression multiplier changed to 0.8 so it will actually suppress blobs of infantry within its nearby suppression radius better. The nearby suppression radius hasnt changed from 10 so its area of suppression coverage still remains the same. The MG42 has a nearby suppression radius of 13.
13 Jul 2015, 19:54 PM

It now has the same nearby suppression multiplier as the MG42.

Do you even know what it means?

Because from the way you write about it, you clearly have no idea.
13 Jul 2015, 19:56 PM

A Lot of people seem to be confused to what incremental accuracy is so I'll explain here. Incremental accuracy only affects burst weapons. Mainly HMGs. The 2 stats we need to understand when trying to understand incremental accuracy is the Incremental accuracy multiplier and the Incremental search radius.

Everytime the HMG calculates a single shot, that accuracy of that shot will change depending on the number of entities within the incremental search radius. So the bigger the blob the more lethal the HMG will be. It also means the HMG will do more dps vs a bigger number squad than a smaller number squad. How much lethal per entity is calculated by the incremental accuracy multiplier. All HMGs has a value of 1.15 so thats 15% extra accuracy per entity.
13 Jul 2015, 19:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2015, 19:54 PMKatitof

Do you even know what it means?

Because from the way you write about it, you clearly have no idea.

I just spent like 2 pages explaining it but don't let those silly things called "facts" get in the way of your grudge posting!

Most of the MG's have a suppression radius of 13, which is the area in which they do suppression. So think of it like the area around the squad your MG is shooting at. Now the nearby multiplier is what actually makes that radius matter

13 Jul 2015, 20:02 PM

I see Stuart and T70 play being game winning for the Allies now that mediums have been delayed. 80 fuel T34 is absurd. OKW medium is nice but maybe OP depending on tech costs.

Anyone else think that HMG42 from HQ is kinda broken?
13 Jul 2015, 20:05 PM

Glad to see those changes.

The Command Panzer IV aura finally got fixed. It has always been a clumsy feature with the sectors.

The best thing is the change to OKW though. Finally you have some reliable midgame omni purpose tank. And it´s even better than the Ostheer Panzer IV.

Curious about the Ostheer artillery changes. At veterancy 2 the Panzerwerfer gets -20% scatter, so it might be viable sooner with the easier vet gain. Though it will still be total shit at vet 0/1. 105 might be good at area denial.
13 Jul 2015, 20:12 PM
Donator 11

I see Stuart and T70 play being game winning for the Allies now that mediums have been delayed. 80 fuel T34 is absurd. OKW medium is nice but maybe OP depending on tech costs.

Anyone else think that HMG42 from HQ is kinda broken?

Why is an 80 fuel t34 absurd? Its now in T4 behind an additional layer of teching.
13 Jul 2015, 20:15 PM

It's just odd to me seeing a medium tank cost marginally more than a light vehicle, authenticity wise.
13 Jul 2015, 20:19 PM

It's just odd to me seeing a medium tank cost marginally more than a light vehicle, authenticity wise.

It would be a problem if it was in t3, but it requires t4. :foreveralone:
13 Jul 2015, 20:20 PM

Thanks for the info Alex. Looks like the maxim will be in good shape now. Ostheer will need to counter with snipers or mortars instead of just vet2 rifle nades. OKW will need to counter them with either IR halftrack with sturmpio flanks and/or the leIG, or go for the AaHT or stuka.
13 Jul 2015, 20:23 PM

Thanks for the info Alex. Looks like the maxim will be in good shape now. Ostheer will need to counter with snipers or mortars instead of just vet2 rifle nades. OKW will need to counter them with either IR halftrack with sturmpio flanks and/or the leIG, or go for the AaHT or stuka.

Honestly for OKW I think maxim spam is going to be a serious problem on some maps because of lack of flanking routes and the fact your indirect fire is locked behind a very large fuel cost. The new cheaper LeiG will be nice tho.

Flak Trak to counter maxim spam ain't going to work when the same tier building it comes from gives you an AT gun. But it isn't impossible.
13 Jul 2015, 20:23 PM

Maxim spam is back baby. \ :foreveralone: /
13 Jul 2015, 20:25 PM

Could someone please explain what they mean for the Soviet AA Halftrack's "Requirements for Quad Upgrade Removed" only thing I can think of is that it means you no longer need to spend 100 MU to upgrade and it's free now... but that doesn't sound right.

On a side note the changes to Maxim and DSHK are a welcome sight and should encourage better Soviet Combined Arms instead of opening with Con Spam
13 Jul 2015, 20:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2015, 20:19 PMVonIvan

It would be a problem if it was in t3, but it requires t4. :foreveralone:

No it seems balanced, it's just weird. Like the IR half track not costing fuel even it clearly runs on fuel, not Nazi dark science. Or a Molotov Cocktail sharing the munitions cost of a smoke grenade, or Infiltration Grenades costing a third of the price of a normal grenade. Like its all balanced, just weird if you think of it like real life.
13 Jul 2015, 20:27 PM

No it seems balanced, it's just weird. Like the IR half track not costing fuel even it clearly runs on fuel, not Nazi dark science. Or a Molotov Cocktail sharing the munitions cost of a smoke grenade, or Infiltration Grenades costing a third of the price of a normal grenade. Like its all balanced, just weird if you think of it like real life.

Well if you think about...........this is just a game, not a 5000 page historically accurate book on ww2. Nothings perfect. :foreveralone:
13 Jul 2015, 20:28 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

I hope the T34/85 isn't going to be the same cost as the 76...
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight