Login

russian armor

The noob factor

11 Jul 2015, 01:20 AM
Patrion 14

allies are aggressive and axis are more defensive. at the most basic level, defending is always going to be easier whilst aggressiveness having much higher potential for bigger rewards at higher levels. so i don't know what to tell "low to average player" if they feel like axis is easier to play. i think it is true, but that is how the factions were designed.

and i think allies have much bigger variety in strats. soviet has most diverse openings, great(as in fun) non meta commanders and americans have weapons rack and all their commanders are just so fun and different. maybe it is just for me because i enjoy usf best.
11 Jul 2015, 05:26 AM
Donator 11

IMO proactive gameplay is less noob friendly than reactive.

Exactly. Allies need to react to the Axis, which always has that stress element that comes with it. You always gotta be on your toes and need to think one step ahead of the Axis.

It's usually the Axis with the control of the game in playlists larger than 1v1, and the Allies responding to their moves. For example, if they are MG + Bunker + mortar camping their fuel and two victory points. You gotta cut them off, flank, and create coordinated pushes with your teammates.

It's usually Axis with the first fear factor tanks out (Pumas, Panzer IVs), so Allies gotta react accordingly.
11 Jul 2015, 07:14 AM

Allies usually require better small unit-tactics too, because interesting interior skill sets and such as opposed to the old "Riflenade, Panzerfaust" while an MG42 provides over watch.
11 Jul 2015, 08:26 AM

OP42s are destroying team games at the moment. Hopefully they will get tuned. However, in 1v1s and 2v2s on a lot of maps the balance is a lot better. Other maps you lose automatically against OP42s so veto Minsk and other no-flank maps, Semoisky Winter.

Just play as Axis until things get fixed.

Wut. The most selfish post I've seen yet. At least queenratchet's has a point to it. MGs are doing their jobs. If you're trying to say you have trouble because of the map then fine but please dont complain about mgs if your problem is with map.
11 Jul 2015, 12:31 PM

Wut. The most selfish post I've seen yet. At least queenratchet's has a point to it. MGs are doing their jobs. If you're trying to say you have trouble because of the map then fine but please dont complain about mgs if your problem is with map.

Their job is to suppress units in green cover and outdamage garrison units easily? Yes why should I expect Relic to consider the environment a unit will be in before buffing it? That isn't a common factor to game design at all.

USF lacks counters to the OP42. The gun performs better than other MGs that cost 60 manpower more. When we consider other unit matchups that big of a cost discrepancy usually means the more expensive unit will have noticeably better performance, not the case with the OP42 and DSHKa matchup. It also comes in a faction that doesn't have to fear rifle nades like Allied factions do.

11 Jul 2015, 12:46 PM
Donator 33

Their job is to suppress units in green cover and outdamage garrison units easily? Yes why should I expect Relic to consider the environment a unit will be in before buffing it? That isn't a common factor to game design at all.

USF lacks counters to the OP42. The gun performs better than other MGs that cost 60 manpower more. When we consider other unit matchups that big of a cost discrepancy usually means the more expensive unit will have noticeably better performance, not the case with the OP42 and DSHKa matchup. It also comes in a faction that doesn't have to fear rifle nades like Allied factions do.

Maybe Brits will have riflegrenades, so we can get rid of OP MG42´s :P
11 Jul 2015, 13:28 PM

USF can easily counter MG42 with damn smokes..
11 Jul 2015, 14:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jul 2015, 12:46 PMATCF

Maybe Brits will have riflegrenades, so we can get rid of OP MG42´s :P

Oh man that would be great. I'm sick of leap frogging my team weapons like an idiot while knowing Ostheer doesn't have to fear a grenade coming at them from max range.
11 Jul 2015, 14:47 PM

LOL
11 Jul 2015, 15:41 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Moved to COH2 Gameplay
12 Jul 2015, 03:39 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jul 2015, 01:12 AMVonIvan

Highly recommend. +1

That signature omg.
13 Jul 2015, 14:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jul 2015, 18:55 PMAvNY

Seems to me you don't know the first thing about products and consumers.

A consumers SUBJECTIVE opinion counts more than any objective opinion or reality. The rule in consumer goods (and I am in two of those businesses) is that for every time someone complains there are legions of people who didn't complain... they just walked away and told others the product was garbage without tell YOU.

Here we have a persons opion. OP has posted all of 2 times which means he is not one of the legions of COH fanbois (Allied or Axis). What he says is a complaint. To say that the complaint is invalid is the absolute first wrong answer in customer service.

How can anyone complain about one faction as long as he didn't play it? When I had my doubts, I played the faction I thought being OP and after playing it I kept or droped my opinion, depending on gameplay conclusions.
A simple example: at one time some people complained about soviet mg spam tactics being OP. Tried it with my teammate on 2v2 and in 20 games we were defeated 2-3 times (maybe). Conclusion was simple. Some were complaining that soviets were OP in every single game mode. Tried some 1v1 with soviets and concluded that the faction was quite balanced for 1v1. And so on. But if one comes here and says "played against one faction and I got beaten every time = > this game is shit" such statement is quite improbable if it is not followed by this one: "played with that faction that I considered to be OP and won 90% of my games = > the faction is OP indeed".
13 Jul 2015, 16:01 PM

Permanently Banned
Allies are harder to play. thats why noobs avoid them.
13 Jul 2015, 21:46 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Allies are harder to play. thats why noobs avoid them.

Posting while banned?
18 Jul 2015, 02:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jul 2015, 01:20 AMpigsoup
allies are aggressive and axis are more defensive. at the most basic level, defending is always going to be easier whilst aggressiveness having much higher potential for bigger rewards at higher levels.

This, pretty much.

I do agree with the OP though, in the context of 3v3 and 4v4 (yes, we all know that all bets are off in those games and balance goes out the window). Those MG42s are ridiculous right now, and easy to obtain. They can be beaten , but it eats up time, and resources, and focus, while it's brainless for Axis to just put them in every available building. I love playing Allies most of the time, but I know that after the 15 min mark, it's going to get tough/ impossible. I'm not bad either...I think I'm pretty good with the small unit tactics, but it's just that the Axis get more powerful late game, period. I know that if I want to have fun and not grind my teeth in frustration, I should play Axis.

Again, I love Allies, but with Axis, I go heavy T1, watch unit preservation, get LMGs, and go for tanks. After that , unless I play incredibly stupidly, I know we'll win.

And yes, I take exception to those players who shit talk, and try to tell me that playing Axis in large team games takes "skill", and that theyre "pros".
18 Jul 2015, 13:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2015, 14:06 PMJohnnyB

How can anyone complain about one faction as long as he didn't play it? When I had my doubts, I played the faction I thought being OP and after playing it I kept or droped my opinion, depending on gameplay conclusions.
A simple example: at one time some people complained about soviet mg spam tactics being OP. Tried it with my teammate on 2v2 and in 20 games we were defeated 2-3 times (maybe). Conclusion was simple. Some were complaining that soviets were OP in every single game mode. Tried some 1v1 with soviets and concluded that the faction was quite balanced for 1v1. And so on. But if one comes here and says "played against one faction and I got beaten every time = > this game is shit" such statement is quite improbable if it is not followed by this one: "played with that faction that I considered to be OP and won 90% of my games = > the faction is OP indeed".

I agree. Most op talk is just talk and not much walk. The ptrs-doom never happened for one thing even though the weapon team destroy was bad while it lasted. I consider the game reasonably balanced (there will always be some issues) since my w/l rate is similar across all four factions.
18 Jul 2015, 13:42 PM

Permanently Banned

Posting while banned?

im god boi
20 Jul 2015, 07:45 AM

im god boi

Make sure you stay that way.
20 Jul 2015, 08:03 AM

Gotta say i agree with the original post. at a basic level...germans seem to own, they have more options as well.

US need to wait awhile (unless airborne doct) for a basic non bunker mg, germans get it strait away...this is an issue in itself. whermact get mgs/mortars and snipers giving them a great range of t1 options.

mortars...us dont really get them except as a doct call in.

russian no infantry anti tank all other factions get good AT on their infantry, shreks/bazookas....bazookas also require the infantry to retreat to base to pick up the weapons, german troops can do it on the run.

US armies won not because their tanks were superior but because they had superior numbers, this should be reflected in tank cost...cheaper in terms of fuel, mps and also pop cap...us tanks should cost 8 to 10 pop cap so you can field more of them. light Armour seems to be about right and they seem to be going in the right direction with it.

germans tanks should own (as they do) but should cost more and you should have to field less of them. i think the russian tanks are about right. hopefully brits even up battles a bit more.

20 Jul 2015, 08:14 AM

allies are aggressive and axis are more defensive.

One accurate statement.

at the most basic level, defending is always going to be easier whilst aggressiveness having much higher potential for bigger rewards at higher levels.

Meanwhile, in any combat, the one who has the bigger chances is the one who has and keeps initiative, allied being specifically designed in this direction, while the one who loses initiative is the most exposed, no matter how good his defence is. This is a basic rule of war, since the dawn of human kind.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★