Login

russian armor

When Will the Molotov be Fixed?

10 Jul 2015, 00:32 AM

They are cabbage now and I don't like it. They should at least force a retreat if you get caught unawares like every other nade. Instead they are a minor inconvenience now.
aaa
10 Jul 2015, 00:39 AM

They are cabbage now and I don't like it. They should at least force a retreat if you get caught unawares like every other nade. Instead they are a minor inconvenience now.

They already fixed hmgs that were OP before the fix. Now they buffed damage and supression x5.
So we can expect molotov to be nerfed.
10 Jul 2015, 00:50 AM

Probably the next time Relic releases a patch, which could be months from now.
10 Jul 2015, 00:55 AM

September 3rd, tbe.
10 Jul 2015, 02:43 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I GUESS all flamethrowers (Pio-CE-AssEng-Penal-Rifle-PG) were adjusted.
Besides that, they have several flame based weapons to fix (and balance?).

KV8
Incendiary artillery barrage
251 FHT
MHT Flame barrage
Luftwaffe Incendiary Strike
Probably Stuka vet Flame barrage

12 Jul 2015, 10:36 AM
Donator 11

Can molotov get an AT role?
12 Jul 2015, 10:52 AM

Cons are already have at grenades, why should molotov damage tanks?
12 Jul 2015, 10:55 AM

I've asked the question at most recent QA session.

Brace yourself, apparently it is intended for it to be nerfed without compensation and while flamers got aoe adjustment, molo was plainly nerfed.
12 Jul 2015, 11:09 AM

Cons are already have at grenades, why should molotov damage tanks?

cuz brilliant pussyking (soviet lover) wants it? :bananadance:
12 Jul 2015, 12:56 PM

Molotov was terible even before when we compare it to riflenade (even 2 molotovs vs 1 rnade because of cost when we want to take cost efectiveness on place)

im not talking about 25 fuel and 125 mp becuase ostheer pays for rifle nade too because its cost is some part of high ostheer teching
12 Jul 2015, 13:43 PM
Donator 33

But Relic increased the crit chance of units that have have low HP, so if you throw a molotov on retreating Grenadiers that have taken damage, and they run right through it, you should have better chance of burning them alive...right?

12 Jul 2015, 14:25 PM

Fun fact: On my first game in CoH2 Alpha I was shocked that a single molotov took down my SdKfz222 in about 3 seconds.
I wouldn't like it to be this way again.

But a 'gunner wounded' crit for some seconds in 33% of the time could be interesting.
12 Jul 2015, 14:28 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jul 2015, 13:43 PMATCF
But Relic increased the crit chance of units that have have low HP, so if you throw a molotov on retreating Grenadiers that have taken damage, and they run right through it, you should have better chance of burning them alive...right?

The problem is that molotovs are not meant to finish off low health squads. Molotovs, like all other grenades, are meant to force retreats and damage to flanked teamweapons. Conscripts just can't kill mgs at close range fast enough without molotovs, especially when compared to sturms, pgrens, and rifles.

Its bad design when a grenade can't even do its main job, but I guess Im not suprised with another stock soviet unit that can't do its job.
12 Jul 2015, 14:59 PM

I love to see my cons throwing molo on MG. What happens next? MG sets up and sets down few meter away without any losses :foreveralone:
12 Jul 2015, 15:00 PM

i think Molotov are at right spot, before, molotov throw on a german HMG group, it have high chance to wipe the HMG group, now it have chance to go away. also before patch with RNG with you it could instant wipe a sq some time, it was too effective on its price, right now it still force the enemy to retreat their HMG or move away, it also disable the covers for enemy,
12 Jul 2015, 15:48 PM

Molotov seems okay. :foreveralone:
12 Jul 2015, 16:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jul 2015, 15:48 PMVonIvan
Molotov seems okay. :foreveralone:

And never forgot uberduetche wire that demand twice amount of time to construct than other wires and it can be construccted by early game main dps unit and is wireable like other wires. :foreveralone:
12 Jul 2015, 16:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jul 2015, 10:55 AMKatitof
I've asked the question at most recent QA session.

Brace yourself, apparently it is intended for it to be nerfed without compensation and while flamers got aoe adjustment, molo was plainly nerfed.

I saw them answer that in the stream yesterday. Relic never ceases to amaze.
12 Jul 2015, 17:04 PM

i think Molotov are at right spot, before, molotov throw on a german HMG group, it have high chance to wipe the HMG group, now it have chance to go away. also before patch with RNG with you it could instant wipe a sq some time, it was too effective on its price, right now it still force the enemy to retreat their HMG or move away, it also disable the covers for enemy,

I realize that people thought they were OP before. However, plenty of people including myself are having engagements where HMGs can sit in the fire for a stupid amount of time. Also Gren squads that get hit in the face with a Molotov and move out of the fire and only take a sliver of damage.

Molotovs don't seem worth it anymore to me.
12 Jul 2015, 20:59 PM

I realize that people thought they were OP before. However, plenty of people including myself are having engagements where HMGs can sit in the fire for a stupid amount of time. Also Gren squads that get hit in the face with a Molotov and move out of the fire and only take a sliver of damage.

Molotovs don't seem worth it anymore to me.

it is because Molotovs don't have much damage from start, what make it so effective is the flame crits, it will not crit on models with more than 50% of hp now. those who allow their HMG sit in the flame will force to retreat the HMG otherwise it will be easy wipe, or it will wipe, I have seem a guy let its HMG42 stayed in fire in the fight, when it reach around 50% hp the crew member start dying like flies, and he try to retreat all crew member is dead before they pack up the HMG, so it is risk vs reward decision. against grens Molotovs still doing its roll, because once those gren is force out cover they can't go back the same cover like many times in the early fights unit just move away from cover once nade is gone go back, and still holding same spot, Molotovs denied the cover for them so grens need to keep on move to find another cover or fighting from some where with no cover, it also make the gren can't use lmg during macroing, it gives cons a chance get close for CQC. the damage is kind low, i won't mind they increase the flame damage by 15%-20% more than that is too effective for its price, it is cheap compare to other nades, so don't expect it preform same effectiveness.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★