Login

russian armor

Sensible USF Changes

11 Jul 2015, 06:42 AM

Vs the OKW the .50 team is worth it.

But vs OKW you should just overwhelm them with Rifles, and go Captain to counter the inevitable Flaktrack. So, in practice, the .50 cal has no use.
11 Jul 2015, 06:46 AM

Vs the OKW the .50 team is worth it.

But vs OKW you should just overwhelm them with Rifles, and go Captain to counter the inevitable Flaktrack. So, in practice, the .50 cal has no use.

.50 cal is also overpriced, and it takes too long for it to come out imo.

USF weapons team needs a real redesign soon. Especially the pack howitzer. What a bad unit.
11 Jul 2015, 06:48 AM

I think taking away the accuracy buff against them would make them fine. They are smaller teams against long range infantry.
11 Jul 2015, 06:49 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Pack howitzers are simply overpriced and bugged with its reinforce. If you're using it like a mortar, of course it's a bad unit because it functions much differently. Barrage could maybe use more shells, but that's about it for its stats. I've blasted apart tons of infantry with this thing and kept it alive until it gets either stuka rocketed because the OKW player has had enough or a random shell wipes the crew because this thing has a very crappy formation when it even goes near cover for some awful reason.

.50cals suffers because Ostheer has Vet 2 rifle nades, but they do very well against OKW infantry so as long as you can suppress the Obers/screen the crew before the gunner gets sniped.
11 Jul 2015, 07:10 AM

Amusing stat of the day:

The two people that said the bazooka was okay in price and performance have played a total of 14 3v3 and 4v4 as USF. They have lost 13 of the 14 games.
11 Jul 2015, 07:11 AM

I never comfortably float 480 MP as the USF though. In what kind of strategy would you A) go Captain, implying 4 to 5 Rifles, b) save up 480 MP while having 4 to 5 Rifles, and c) spend that MP on the pack howie when you should build caches. The Scott does everything the pack howitzer can do, only better.

TL;DR pack howitzer is pretty bad.
11 Jul 2015, 07:15 AM

Haha I joke. Panzerfusilier

An upgrade to rifles that would make them similar to PF's might make the doctrine usable. Combat group is too expensive, and the possibility of para's getting bazooka's make this doctrine a non-starter. The armored car didn't need the nerf, especially after the canister nerf.
11 Jul 2015, 07:26 AM

Honestly just touching up the Greyhound and making the Combat Group an actual ability that doesn't throw games would make it a great doctrine. Forward Observer buff would be nice, but it does have a decent early game use vs Kubels and mg42s.

I would save "sniper riflemen" packages for different commanders...preferably ones with sprint, ambush camp, and other sneaky goodies.
11 Jul 2015, 08:21 AM
Developer Relic Badge

I never comfortably float 480 MP as the USF though.

Hence why it's main issue is price and its bugged reinforce. Bring it down to something more reasonable and it'd be easier to bring onto the field despite USF's heavy MP bleed and maybe boost the barrage ability in the number of shells to increase the time it can pressure an area.
11 Jul 2015, 08:37 AM

I think maybe 340 to 360 is fair.
13 Jul 2015, 18:32 PM

I think maybe 340 to 360 is fair.

I'd just drop but 100 even to 380 and fix the reinforce bug. Plus, if USf weapon teams had something done about the squad size and or received accuracy that would be enough to fix the unit. It is rather a strong unit and seriously hurt blobs. Also it gets those pretty gnarly shells at vet 2.

As to all the talk about recon doc. I don't get it - it's one of the more unique and interesting docs in the game and especially the USF, but functionally it just falls flat. Rifleman observers needs to be fixed and buffed, M8 needs some kind of buff - honestly, the way I see it just make it a more anti-infantry version of the Stuart with cost to balance(just make canister shot pin infantry but do little damage...), Last air dropped combat group REALLY needs to be looked into. I like my suggestion best of course, but I've heard plenty of ideas about it that would be 100% better than the nonsense it is now - Light AT mines? On paratroopers? At CP 7? Really?? Relic???? WHY ARE MY ELITE LATE GAME PARATROOPERS DROPPING WITH RANDOM WEAPONS, EQUIPPED ONLY WITH AT MINES, AND HAVE AN UNMANNED AT GUN DROPPED WITH THEM. HOW DID THIS MAKE IT OUT OF THE ALPHA, MUCH LESS INTO THE GAME AT ALL.

If we wanted to make air dropped even simpler just have a regular paratrooper at CP3, or implement rangers at CP2... just some thoughts.
13 Jul 2015, 19:20 PM

It would be cool if they were just Paras that walked onto the map for 320 MP.
13 Jul 2015, 19:23 PM

Permanently Banned
with the new rifleande vet 2 range removal 50 cals just got that much better
13 Jul 2015, 19:43 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

with the new rifleande vet 2 range removal 50 cals just got that much better

It's gonna be a glorious age for HMGs of all shapes, sizes and factions.
13 Jul 2015, 21:30 PM
Patrion 27

I never comfortably float 480 MP as the USF though. In what kind of strategy would you A) go Captain, implying 4 to 5 Rifles, b) save up 480 MP while having 4 to 5 Rifles, and c) spend that MP on the pack howie when you should build caches. The Scott does everything the pack howitzer can do, only better.

TL;DR pack howitzer is pretty bad.

Now that the patch fixed all of the pricing issues, I suggest you give the Pack Howitzer another try. Get a clear line-of-sight to targets and shift-queue reverse orders after barrages to get it to safety. It's more of a mobile mini-ML20 than it is a set-it and forget-it indirect fire unit like a mortar.

ISG is more like a traditional mortar and less reliant on barrage. coming in the same building as the IR halftrack is a HUGE boon as well. It looks lame that its vet 2 gives it faster movement speed and less received accuracy but it can really scamper away from danger at that point.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★