Login

russian armor

USF superglue on tanks

PAGES (7)down
7 Jul 2015, 19:22 PM

Im just going to ignore that and pretend I didnt see it.

I'm still waiting to see an actual rebuttal for my argument that I addressed in reply to your post.

So make an OKW buff thread.

I don't need to prove anything here, I've made posts favouring soviets/USF if you take a single look down my post history. Or alternatively just take one look at my playercard.

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2015, 18:19 PMRocket

Ummm what magic smoke and magic race car retreat blitzkrieg. Just no they don't, in general they have less armor and hp than their axis equals.

Only Ost get smoke for tanks, and even then it's doctrinal unlike USF (even blitz was nerfed again a while back). Check your factional privilege.
7 Jul 2015, 19:26 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2015, 18:51 PMBurts
Superglue is bullshit, but so is target weakpoint, panzer tactician and combat blitz.

And many other things on the game.
The problem is, will they "fix" everything or just touch a couple of them and ignore the rest? This is the problem people have with half fixes.

Ontopic: superglue should cost at least 30.
7 Jul 2015, 19:27 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2015, 19:22 PMRollo

I'm still waiting to see an actual rebuttal for my argument that I addressed in reply to your post.

Stuarts have armor? Didn't know that. (80 armor, 400 HP) <- 3 Shots from AT platforms and tanks (Thats paper)

Shermans are the strongest mediums available to USF, and they only have 160 armor. <- 4 shots from AT platforms and tanks (can bounce P4).

We can talk about doctrinal units all day, but USF as a stock army only has the Sherman M4A3 for a medium tank. This means that USF has to rely on this tank for all their lategame potential. It is an indisputable fact that USF has the weakest lategame, mainly because they have to micro multiple mediums, each with only 640 HP maximum (yes, even the E8).

US tanks need repair critical because it is one of the few ways that they can curb the heavy losses that are apparent with such a micro heavy lategame. USF simply can't afford to pay for a new Sherman every 5 minutes with their heavy manpower bleed. If the ability gets fixed to not be bugged, you will have no reason to complain. Unless you think that an ability that takes 6 seconds to pull off is not enough time to wipe a crew with a repair debuff?

There ya go!
7 Jul 2015, 19:41 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

What commash said,and

I don't need to prove anything here, I've made posts favouring soviets/USF if you take a single look down my post history. Or alternatively just take one look at my playercard.

I simply looked down the coh2 balance forum for a little bit and i saw at least 4 "nerf USF" threads from you. I cant take your opinion of their "Overpowered" units seriously,you barely even play them. You have no real idea how frustrating it is to watch your tanks evaporate to just about everything. Literally just a-move two paks and kill usf tanks. Repair critical has never been the difference in my losing or winning a game,from axis or allied POV.

Meanwhile,OKW tanks have high front armor counts and blitz,
Ostheer tanks,same story,but with smoke

And soviets have heavy tanks of multiple varieties. That can take hits and really dish out pain.

and soviet 85 has more HP,can self repair itself or be repaired by numerous conscripts,AND comes in a much better doctrine.
What does usf have?
Duct tape.
7 Jul 2015, 19:48 PM

Stuarts have armor? Didn't know that. (80 armor, 400 HP) <- 3 Shots from AT platforms and tanks (Thats paper)

Compared to other light tanks? Yes it's armour is good for a light vehicle, it has a good chance of taking on an Ostwind partially thanks to it. You can't really say the same for a T-70.

Shermans are the strongest mediums available to USF, and they only have 160 armor. <- 4 shots from AT platforms and tanks (can bounce P4).

That's enough to bounce P4 and Puma shots, yes I would say the stock sherman has good armour. The E8 eats P4's for breakfast thanks to the extra armour and pen it has.

We can talk about doctrinal units all day, but USF as a stock army only has the Sherman M4A3 for a medium tank. This means that USF has to rely on this tank for all their lategame potential. It is an indisputable fact that USF has the weakest lategame, mainly because they have to micro multiple mediums, each with only 640 HP maximum (yes, even the E8).

Unfortunately the game does not really play out stock, if there was a world where Rifle/Infantry company did not exist this argument might be valid. USF lategame is extremely strong thanks to Sherman/1919/flamer spam and other doctrinal ability's.

US tanks need repair critical because it is one of the few ways that they can curb the heavy losses that are apparent with such a micro heavy lategame. USF simply can't afford to pay for a new Sherman every 5 minutes with their heavy manpower bleed. If the ability gets fixed to not be bugged, you will have no reason to complain. Unless you think that an ability that takes 6 seconds to pull off is not enough time to wipe a crew with a repair debuff?

Read the posts you are quoting, I never proposed removing superglue or vehicle crews from the game. But a 40/50 cost for an ability that can allow you a get out of jail free card is hardly that punishing on "USF lategame"
7 Jul 2015, 20:01 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2015, 19:48 PMRollo

Compared to other light tanks? Yes it's armour is good for a light vehicle, it has a good chance of taking on an Ostwind partially thanks to it. You can't really say the same for a T-70.

Please show us a video of you or anyone killing an ostwind with a stuart outside of rank 20,000k. Theres NEVER an ostwind by itself,a stuart does NOT have the hitpoints or armor to kill an ostwind unless the ostheer player is braindead.

That's enough to bounce P4 and Puma shots, yes I would say the stock sherman has good armour. The E8 eats P4's for breakfast thanks to the extra armour and pen it has.

Wow,bouncing a puma. Such a legendary feat. literally everything can bounce or has a low enough profile combined with puma shit moving accuracy to avoid damage from it.

and WOW,bouncing a panzer IV,its natural equal. EXCEPT the panzer IV doesnt have to deal with shreks,pak40s,ETCETERA,when chasing down and raping shermans.

Unfortunately the game does not really play out stock, if there was a world where Rifle/Infantry company did not exist this argument might be valid. USF lategame is extremely strong thanks to Sherman/1919/flamer spam and other doctrinal ability's.

Ostheer late game> anything usf can build late game,fact of life. Only time thats not the case is if ostheer was getting rekt early game,and those days,are over.

But a 40/50 cost for an ability that can allow you a get out of jail free card is hardly that punishing on "USF lategame"
What is USF getting out of jail from? If you're snared in combat you have a good chance of losing the tank,even with superglue,because usf tanks are paper and die in 4 hits.,and if they hit a teller and nothing follows up or is aiming in the direction of the teller then thats the axis players fault for having a lone mine sitting in the middle of nowhere.

7 Jul 2015, 20:53 PM

I find relying on Shermans alone to be hopeless a venture as relying on PIV's alone as Ostheer or 1 Panther by itself as OKW.

Jacksons + Scotts are much powerful, same with StuG's + Ostwinds, well for OKW? Uh, another Panther I guess :foreveralone:?
7 Jul 2015, 21:04 PM

I'm 90% certain that Rollo has played a total of 3 games with USF. He knows NOTHING of the actual power/weakness of the Sherman or any other USF tanks. If he did, he wouldn't be spewing this bullshit about them being "easy mode".

The "super glue" is just fine. Maybe make it longer to activate/complete but raising it to 30 munitions? Really? That is a tad steep IMO.
7 Jul 2015, 21:05 PM

Engine crit from a 60 ammo Regal/Teller mine should not be repaired in 2 seconds for 10 ammo... its abit silly.

The ability either needs to take longer or cost more. (at least 50 ammo OR 5 seconds).

For the argument about panzer tac... If that tank has a damage engine, it doesnt magically undoo it. Guards button should also cost less ammo. (but not much)
7 Jul 2015, 21:08 PM

Auto repair is the counterpart to blitzkrieg.
7 Jul 2015, 21:12 PM
Donator 33

Not really. Blitzkrieg doesn't work with a damaged engine.

I think a cost increase to 30MU would be fine.
7 Jul 2015, 21:38 PM

Blitz got hit with the nerf bat really hard for a reason, not a good argument to make if your trying to defend superglue lol
7 Jul 2015, 22:11 PM

Ostheer faction is a little more well rounded.
7 Jul 2015, 22:28 PM

Ostheer faction is a little more well rounded.

Everyone wishes every faction was as well rounded and intelligently thought out as Ostheer is.
7 Jul 2015, 22:52 PM

USF super glue is one of the most retarded abilities, just like Captain's "On Me!".

^ Finally. I have been waiting for this in the sea of noob scrubs debates.
7 Jul 2015, 22:57 PM

I agree that Crit repair is waaaaaaaaay under-priced.

Driving over a mine is a huge mistake and can be extremely punishing for all other factions. This is how it should be. Now, I don't oppose the existence of the ability (I don't like it but USF has no heavies so it's OK), but the USF player needs to feel some pain when he needs to use it. I'd say raise it to 50 or 60 ammo and see how that works out. Maybe then USF players will pay more attention to sweepers just like the other factions have to.
7 Jul 2015, 23:20 PM

Why does it exist? Vet 3 crews repair fast enough, and getting hit by an AT nade is practically enough to get a crew to vet 3. Crits vanish at 75% health repairing a tank, so get rid of it and we are all happy. IMO it doesnt aid at all improving USF armor durability except removing the need to make minesweepers to use the munitions elsewhere and drive haphazardly.
8 Jul 2015, 01:37 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2015, 19:48 PMRollo

The Stuart has the same HP pool as a Luchs. This means that it functionally has the exact same survivability as the Luchs, and I don't hear anyone call it a well armored vehicle.

Also, you cannot just compare light tanks like that. The Stuart was specifically made to counter vehicles, and as a result it has some of the shittiest AI in a light vehicle in the game. It better be able to defeat an ostwind 1v1, but it can't. Why? Because the Ostwind has enough pen and HP to tank the rounds from a Stuart and kill it straight up. Not to mention that you have paks and Grenadiers to help you with that.

All medium armor can bounce puma and other medium rounds. Thats why mediums have to flank each other. However, the Sherman doesn't have 50 range or spotting like the puma, and the Sherman also has worse pen than a P4 (and worse armor), meaning that the Sherman will always have to flank to engage at an advantage. This makes it an inherently more fragile vehicle because it will be more likely to hit mines and to run into infantry. Also, the Sherman ends up fighting larger vehicles (like the Panther), which makes it impossible for the Sherman to engage in any way but to flank.

OK, the game doesn't run off of stock. While I agree that lmg rifle spam is stupid because of defensive stance, you have literally 0 reason to complain about it in this case, because USF armor is what is so micro intensive, not infantry. It would be like saying "Soviets are a well designed faction because of Shock Motor."

USF has 2 medium callins. The E8 and the Bulldozer. Both of these tanks have 640 HP, and both of these tanks have less armor than a vet 2 P4. Either way, you will never see a player spamming Bulldozers, since they have minimal AT, and E8 spam is one of the least cost efficient plays you can make, since E8s are much worse than an equal investment in the SHerman + Jackson combo. You may save on micro, but you pay out the ass in actual cost. (And its not like Germans don't get get out of jail abilities with blitz and smoke, even though they have stronger tanks, so your point is nullified by that as well).

Stock or Doctrinal, Ostheer and OKW still have a much better lategame than USF with better stock mediums, better stock tanks, better doctrinal support options, and better scaling infantry. USF's most hated ability for example is the P47 strafe. Ostheer gets a version that is cheaper by 40 mu, can instantly wipe any medium tank caught in its AOE, and can kill infantry and support weapons when armor has left the area.

Unless you think that USF lategame doesn't require more micro? I would love to hear your pro strat on how to reduce manpower and micro bleed for USF?

Read the posts you are quoting, I never proposed removing superglue or vehicle crews from the game. But a 40/50 cost for an ability that can allow you a get out of jail free card is hardly that punishing on "USF lategame"

I never said that you wanted to remove it. I was merely giving background on the ability itself for everyone reading the thread. I have already stated, that IMO, all crit repair needs is to not be bugged + cost 30 mu. It is a fair cost, with part of the cost present in the risk of losing your crew.
8 Jul 2015, 01:43 AM

The Stuart was specifically made to counter vehicles, and as a result it has some of the shittiest AI in a light vehicle in the game.

I agree with pretty much you entire post but the Stuart now has fairly good performance versus infantry since the buff. With decent micro it can be just as annoying as the Luch's can with more utility versus enemy armor.
8 Jul 2015, 01:59 AM
Patrion 14

I agree with pretty much you entire post but the Stuart now has fairly good performance versus infantry since the buff. With decent micro it can be just as annoying as the Luch's can with more utility versus enemy armor.

No it can't. With decent micro, it is slightly more effective than a puma vs. infantry, but a Luchs is infinetly better vs. infantry. Just looking at the units changed stats can tell you that.

"Health increased from 320 to 400
Moving accuracy increased from 0.5 to 0.75
Penetration increased from 45/45/60 to 45/50/65
FOW Scatter multiplier penalty reduced from 300% to 25%"

The patch made it slightly better vs. vehicles, as survivable as a Luchs HP wise, better on the move, and significantly decreased the FOW multiplier which is mainly useful when getting the last shot off on a retreating vehicle behind smoke/ a hedgerow, not infantry. The only change that helps vs. infantry is the on the move penalty, and all that does is make it slightly better on the move. The base accuracy and AOE are very low, and as a result it is more of an infantry sniper than anything else. Even on the move.

There is no way in hell a Stuart is ever going to kill nearly as many models (or be as annoying) as the Luchs, when the Luchs also doesn't have to fear shrecks on half the squads it fights.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 38
Germany 25
Korea, Republic Of 2
Germany 46

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L