Login

russian armor

Cruzz's The More You Know

PAGES (58)down
20 Sep 2015, 05:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2015, 16:53 PMeebies

Guards Assault troops actually have the least effective variant of the PPSh-41 now. They have nearly identical stats to the Shock Troops' PPSh, but suffer from worse accuracy: .115/.265/.782 for Guards Assault vs. .120/.276/.816 for Shock Troops.

ufff, so sad...no reason for this. They were handpicked elite soldiers and dont' have the body armor of shocks so it isn't like giving them slightly better accuracy than shocks woudl break anything...plus only have their guns are PPSH. I like that they finally have vanilla guards where they shoudl be where they can actually fight well against inf and provide light vehicle support and with mark target finish med tanks.
20 Sep 2015, 21:12 PM

Cruzz!

I'm back with another question concerning how bulletins and penetration/armor work.

I've heard that penetration percentage chance is penetration/armor. So with 100 penetration against 200 armor, that would be 50% chance of penetrating.

Now suppose I have a +5% penetration bulletin, how does that work?

Would it add the 5% to the 50% chance above? Giving a 55% chance of penetration.

OR

Would it add 5% to the penetration value of 100, which would be 105 penetration but only result in a penetration percentage of 52.5%

How about +% to armor bulletins?

If its the second case, I would argue that penetration bulletins are much less effective than people think. For its only when penetration is already a high value relative to armor that the penetration bulletins actually increase the percentage chance by the stated bulletin percentage. I.E. with a penetration of 190 vs armor of 200, a +5% bulletin in the second scenario actually increases the percentage chance by ~5%. And therefore low penetration weapons in general should not bother using penetration enhancing bulletins as the effect is too meager.

If its the first case, then low penetration weapons should use penetration bulletins whenever possible!

Thanks again Cruzz!

Joseph
20 Sep 2015, 23:10 PM

I am 100% sure until a couple days ago the leig's barrage had more range than the mortar emplacement.

However, it turns out this is no longer the case - even with the vet1 buff the leig no longer outranges the mortar.

Am I crazy? Was I wrong the entire time? Or was there a stealth change to the mortar emplacement's range in the last patch?
20 Sep 2015, 23:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Sep 2015, 21:12 PMCulainn
Cruzz!

I'm back with another question concerning how bulletins and penetration/armor work.

Penetration will be percent applied on top of penetration value (ie 100*1.05). Penetration is a pretty strong bulletin (on atguns and tanks, not on MGs or mortars that have barely any to begin with) because it will apply on first shot, unlike things like reload which will only help shots following the first.

Armor is same (percent on top of normal value like 234*1.05 for okw piv), and will also apply to rear armor.

21 Sep 2015, 02:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Sep 2015, 23:45 PMCruzz

Penetration will be percent applied on top of penetration value (ie 100*1.05). Penetration is a pretty strong bulletin (on atguns and tanks, not on MGs or mortars that have barely any to begin with) because it will apply on first shot, unlike things like reload which will only help shots following the first.

Armor is same (percent on top of normal value like 234*1.05 for okw piv), and will also apply to rear armor.

Thanks for clarifying Cruzz!

I'd thought of the fact you may only get one shot with a particular weapon when considering which bulletins to use, and may need to make it count. As I had previously suspected how penetration/armour bulletins were handled was the second case as you confirmed.

However I would still say that penetration bulletins are not that useful for generalist Tanks. Rather AT guns and Tank Destroyers/Panzerjagers are the natural units for penetration bulletins. I believe generalist Tanks would benefit more from reload bulletins, especially when used against infantry and light armour, the only targets I normally engage with generalist tanks.

Naturally armour bulletins are useful for anything with high armour values, and yet I don't favor defensive bulletins such as these over those giving increased killing power. Ultimately, my micro ability is enhanced by offensive bulletins, whereas defensive bulletins only come into play when I make mistakes, something I don't have control over. I might even suggest new players stick with defensive bulletins such as enhanced armour and more experienced players with offensive ones.

I have more illuminating questions about bulletins, but will drip them out over a few days so as not to overwhelm.

Thanks again!

Joseph
22 Sep 2015, 02:49 AM

Cruzz!

I have another question on bulletins that may benefit many people, can you help out?

Recently it was discovered that Conscripts with bulletins carry over their bulletin effects into their new squad when merged (along with their received accuracy etc).

What about recrewing weapons?

Suppose I have an Ober squad using Uber Accurate (+3% to accuracy) and use it to recrew my LeIG, because Infantry Guns are awesome and desperately needed. Does the recrewed Infantry Gun keep the bulletin effects and get a reduction in scatter? Does the recrewed Infantry Gun get the normal Infantry Gun bulletins or are those only on gun crews that come with the gun at the time of purchase?

We all thank you for the info!

Joseph
22 Sep 2015, 12:04 PM

I think I see what you mean, the offensive and defensive stats should be based on the model, while the weapon is only penetration, reload, etc? It would make sense for droppable weapons, like Obersoldaten picking up a BAR being better than Osttruppen finding one, but it would require recoding not just the entire small arms system but every unit. And I'm not sure how it would work on Tanks, which use multiple guns with varying degrees of effectiveness.

Plus it would make the game even harder to balance, since you would have to account for said picked up weapons. Let's say all Vickers to the same damage. Now a fearsome Obersoldaten pick it up. It wasn't overly strong in the hands of mere Sappers. But on Obersoldaten? Well we need to tone something down, either Vickers LMG or Obers. Obers is out of the question since the whole unit performance would be affected. So Vickers? Would make Sappers and other mediocre combat units worse with it and it may not be worth getting anymore. Now what, buff mediocre combat squads? You see the problem here.

Separate weapon profiles are necessary. Besides, normal players don't actually give a shit about what you all are talking about here, honestly. They couldn't care less if Obersolaten use the K98 or not. They know the price, the stage of the game in which the unit enters the battlefield, the upgrades they have and what they should be used for. And maybe even HOW. They don't care what kind of weapon model they are using. At all.
22 Sep 2015, 12:52 PM

My main point is it makes no sense the way they made it. That is ppor design IMO.

I agree. What does it matter that one is given the information that a certain troop has a certain weapon when that weapon have different stats depending on the hands. It makes no sense and it is not helping.

That's a terrible idea, the weapon file more or less determines the unit's offensive stats like damage and accuracy, the model itself only determines cost and durability. If everyone used the same weapon file, they'd all perform the same in combat. Osttruppen and Obersoldaten both doing the same damage, Maxim Crews and Guard Rifles as well. You could change that with squad modifiers, but that's even more complicated than just having different weapon files.

So give every infantry unit a unique weapon then. I'm sure there are enough WW2 infantry weapons to choose from.

ufff, so sad...no reason for this.

Keep in mind that somebody, per definition, has to have the worst particular stats. It might still be good enough everything considered.
22 Sep 2015, 14:10 PM

Dear Cruzz,

Why cant we shift- cap point with our team weapons? Would you think this is "easy" to implement? How nice would it be if we cue order a MG to cap a point and set up somewhere!

xxx
23 Sep 2015, 16:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2015, 02:49 AMCulainn

What about recrewing weapons?

The gun in a team weapon is an entity of its own with a weapon of its own, so the user of the gun does not matter and any buff effects being applied to the user thus don't either.

Suppose I have an Ober squad using Uber Accurate (+3% to accuracy) and use it to recrew my LeIG, because Infantry Guns are awesome and desperately needed. Does the recrewed Infantry Gun keep the bulletin effects and get a reduction in scatter?

Artillery type weapons do not use accuracy values for anything, which makes things like Relic giving the usf mortar HT delayed barrage 1100% accuracy completely ridiculous. So no that +3% accuracy would not do anything even if it was being applied.

Does the recrewed Infantry Gun get the normal Infantry Gun bulletins or are those only on gun crews that come with the gun at the time of purchase?

Have not tested. There's two alternatives of what can happen here. Either

A. Bulletins are only applied when the team weapon entity is first created, ie when someone first gets the squad

or

B. Bulletins are applied each time a team weapon squad is created, which would mean applicable bulletins keep on stacking on a weapon each time it's abandoned and recrewed.

Why cant we shift- cap point with our team weapons? Would you think this is "easy" to implement? How nice would it be if we cue order a MG to cap a point and set up somewhere!

Dunno. But what i'd really like to know is whose bright idea was it to make vehicles consider queued move orders complete within 30 radius of the target. It's such a ridiculous thing that still hasn't been fixed.
23 Sep 2015, 16:26 PM

Is it true that a soviet mortar can't be destroyed while crewed?
I've played many games vs Leig in where I had to repair it often because the status bar of the mortar was too low. does it mean it can not be destroyed even if the bar is at 0% ?
23 Sep 2015, 17:17 PM

Is it true that a soviet mortar can't be destroyed while crewed?
I've played many games vs Leig in where I had to repair it often because the status bar of the mortar was too low. does it mean it can not be destroyed even if the bar is at 0% ?

No team weapon can be destroyed while crewed except for static arty, it applies to all armies and is a recent change mentioned in the patch notes.
23 Sep 2015, 17:38 PM

Congrats Cruzz on your great showing in the OCF qualifying tourney.

Quick question on sub machine gun infantry optimization: in COH1 the Volks with mp40s had 50% penalty for firing on move. Therefore once you reached short range of target it was imperative you stop moving. However Assault PE PG squads while suffering from a small accuracy bonus to firing on the move they also received a burst multiplier to their fire rate such that their overall DPS was better if they kept moving even at short range.
My question is does that burst mechanism still exist and what are the effects of DPS for shock troops, PPSH cons, and assault gren's if you stand still while at short range vs continuing to move. If continuing to move provides little or no penalty than it would make sense to always try to rush past the unit so when they retreat they have to pass through you to get to the base and they are exposed to more lethal short range fire than if you had stopped moving once you reached short range.
24 Sep 2015, 08:15 AM

Cruzz!

Thanks for your kind reply to my questions on bulletins and weapon crews.

I have another question related to bulletins and I'm sure many people will find the answer very interesting.

I've seen analysis here and elsewhere detailing the effectiveness of the bronze infantry bulletin giving +3% accuracy that all players start with over the silver reload and gold cooldown/reload infantry bulletins.

This bronze accuracy bulletin is widely used even by those who have many other bulletins to choose from for its ubiquitous applicability and strong advantages over other uncommon or even rare bulletins.

However all the testing I have seen comparing the bronze, silver and gold base infantry bulletins look at vet 0 infantry. My question is would comparing higher vet levels change the equation enough to prefer using one of the other bulletins?

For example, many infantry get a big accuracy buff as they vet up but get lesser reload or cooldown buffs, if any. At a certain vet level, does more accuracy become redundant and would it be preferable in your opinion to favor the other infantry bulletins provided you are confident in your ability to vet the infantry up?

And finally a simple question on the gold infantry bulletins, which clearly state it effects 'rifles'. Would that mean munitions based upgrades like LMG or shrecks would not be affected by the gold infantry bulletins?

Thanks again!

Joseph
24 Sep 2015, 08:23 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2015, 16:15 PMCruzz
Dunno. But what i'd really like to know is whose bright idea was it to make vehicles consider queued move orders complete within 30 radius of the target. It's such a ridiculous thing that still hasn't been fixed.

Does this apply to infantry too? That would explain why I see infantry following queued movement orders in a pretty inaccurate way :\
26 Sep 2015, 09:32 AM

About the garrison bonus of mortar pits and 17-pounder,

How faster are the bonus for the rate of fire of mortar pit and 17-pounder, and the rotation rate of 17-pounder?
26 Sep 2015, 09:38 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2015, 09:32 AMAladdin
About the garrison bonus of mortar pits and 17-pounder,

How faster are the bonus for the rate of fire of mortar pit and 17-pounder, and the rotation rate of 17-pounder?

http://www.coh2.org/guides/40402/british-forces-unit-guide
26 Sep 2015, 18:58 PM
Patrion 14

does anyone know how to extract sound files from the game file? i want the new TBF soundtracks.

is it with sga extractor? then which file?
27 Sep 2015, 04:46 AM

What of some of the British abilities stats? British Commando Assault & British Tank Commander Upgrade?
27 Sep 2015, 05:06 AM

What of some of the British abilities stats? British Commando Assault & British Tank Commander Upgrade?

British tank commander: makes your vehicle worth 20% less experience, 10% extra accuracy and 10 extra vision while buffing the detection radius to 20 units.

Oorah:100% bonus speed, 0.25 received accuracy modifier, 0,8 cooldown weapon modifier and 1,4 weapon accuracy modifier. Everything is multiplicative except the speed bonus
PAGES (58)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 28
Germany 566

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak