Login

russian armor

Cruzz's The More You Know

PAGES (58)down
17 Jan 2016, 10:32 AM

For me is a ninja that is not listed in the changelog, okay fuel change you will notice while playing but other things?
17 Jan 2016, 10:45 AM

That pop cap list :foreveralone:
17 Jan 2016, 11:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2016, 10:30 AMCruzz

Tommy Scoped Rifle was nerfed from 16 to 14 damage again in December, which is the reason it's worse again at max range than the default one.

Tommy vet3 not only disables Tommies from using other more useful weapons, but now the scoped rifle DPS is lower than the normal one... again? :D

I remember Relic fiddling with Tommy rifle damage for the December preview mods. The dmg nerf didn't get through for the normal rifle. However, it seems they forgot to revert the scoped rifle dps damage somewhere :P
17 Jan 2016, 11:19 AM

Vickers upgrades turn it to mobile suppress platform, comparing its DPS with a DP-28 is rather misleading...
17 Jan 2016, 12:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2016, 11:19 AMMyself

Vickers upgrades turn it to mobile suppress platform, comparing its DPS with a DP-28 is rather misleading...

You believe in tooth fairy too?

Maybe you should actually play the game for once instead of fanboying for axis all day long?
17 Jan 2016, 21:11 PM

Do you have the DPS for the Vickers UC conversion too with both MGs taken into account?

My gaster is flabbered that the Bren does more damage at range than close up, totally counter-intuitive.

Is this the same for the mmg carrier upgrade? Also is there any way to calculate suppression for a combination of weapons, such as UC MMG + Vickers covering each other?
17 Jan 2016, 21:56 PM
Patrion 28

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2016, 11:19 AMMyself

it's only a mobile suppression platform in the most literal sense. the range on the suppression is complete shit.
18 Jan 2016, 08:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2016, 09:32 AMCruzz
British Tank Commander...REDUCES experience value of the officered-tank by 20% (making units gain less exp from shooting at it)

The British Tank Commander uses a received_experience_squad_multiplier modifier of 1.2 at the moment. Doesn't that increase the experience a squad receives?

It used to use an entity_veterancy_experience_multiplier of 0.8 as I recall. Was the change listed in the patchnotes?
18 Jan 2016, 08:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2016, 08:25 AMSvanh

The British Tank Commander uses a received_experience_squad_multiplier modifier of 1.2 at the moment. Doesn't that increase the experience a squad receives?

Base experience is 100%, modifier multiplies it by 1.2, so end experience is 120%.
It does it since alpha, so its quite intended.
18 Jan 2016, 09:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2016, 08:25 AMSvanh

It used to use an entity_veterancy_experience_multiplier of 0.8 as I recall. Was the change listed in the patchnotes?

Sorry, it's my mistake. They fixed it (without mentioning in patch notes of course) it in the October 29 patch apparently.
18 Jan 2016, 09:30 AM

Note: when an ability that affects infantry has +1 speed listed, this means it will change posture to the next one. Infantry default move speed is 3.6, gaining +1 posture speed will raise them to the "fast" speed which is 5.4. If they are moving in mud then they will go from 2 to 3.6 instead.

Postures:
Veryfast: 6
Fast: 5.4
Medium (default): 3.6
Slow (heavy snow, mud): 2
Veryslow (crawl): 1.5

Does the posture also affect whether the unit can fire on the move? To me, it seems that hoorah, tactical movement, commandos camouflage etc also have the side effect of preventing fire-on-the-move.

(Also, is the bonus for "For Mother Russia" a +25% accuracy?)

Commando camouflage:
Lasts for 3 seconds out of cover.
First strike bonus (requirement: 10 seconds since last combat, camouflaged, using default Sten):
+50% accuracy on first shot
+1 movement speed for 5 seconds

First shot, as in the first SMG burst, or as in, literally, the first shot of the first burst?

I also have a few more questions:

1) There is a 25% scatter penalty when firing artillery in the FoW. When exactly does the game determine whether the penalty should apply? Is it on a per-shell basis (i.e., when the shell is fired), or is it on a per-barrage basis?

2) Could you tell me where I can find information about (artillery) targeting recticles in the gaming files? (I can navigate the Attribute editor) i.e., I'm more interested in finding how big each recticle is, and whether the recticle has ANY relation to the scatter area (it doesn't, but is it still useful in any way?).

Since this is for nearly all artillery units, I would rather learn how to fish!
18 Jan 2016, 09:46 AM

Does the posture also affect whether the unit can fire on the move? To me, it seems that hoorah, tactical movement, commandos camouflage etc also have the side effect of preventing fire-on-the-move.

Yes, units will not fire on the move when they're being affected by a posture modification. Even if you're walking in mud with a posture effect and thus walking at the default speed, they still won't fire so it's not anything to do with moving fast, just the posture change itself.

(Also, is the bonus for "For Mother Russia" a +25% accuracy?)

For every infantry model: +0.5 armor
For mortar/artillery: +25% accuracy (does nothing for the actual gun, probably is applied to crew member guns too)
For atgun: +25% accuracy
For HMG: +50% accuracy
For infantry: +50% accuracy and +2 posture speed

First shot, as in the first SMG burst, or as in, literally, the first shot of the first burst?

Haven't tested, can't say anything. Someone needs to make a mod with a very slow firing burst weapon with an absurd first strike bonus and see whether it applies on the burst or just the first shot.

1) There is a 25% scatter penalty when firing artillery in the FoW. When exactly does the game determine whether the penalty should apply? Is it on a per-shell basis (i.e., when the shell is fired), or is it on a per-barrage basis?

I'd assume it's per shell because I don't see why they'd make a completely different calculation logic for these weapons. But I haven't tested it.

2) Could you tell me where I can find information about (artillery) targeting recticles in the gaming files? (I can navigate the Attribute editor) i.e., I'm more interested in finding how big each recticle is, and whether the recticle has ANY relation to the scatter area (it doesn't, but is it still useful in any way?).

Reticule type (which one to pick from the ui_reticule folder) and sizes are defined at the end of the ability files. They have no link whatsoever to the actual scatter of the weapons being used, the values are entered purely by hand and are mostly completely wrong because they've barely been updated in the years since the game was released.

No scatter affecting effect in this game is ever updated over to the reticules either, even though it's very easy to do scripting wise.
18 Jan 2016, 09:54 AM

wait what if shocktroops are 2 pop per man then they are back to 10 from 0..?? and does the m1 garand really does have this crazy damage or theres some catch.also cruzz what are the exact stats on vailant assault ( does it only makes them sprint like before)...also is concenttraion barrage and diabliling arty does still givs no red smoke and requires no los..??? any changes to rest popcaps can you maybe make a list for current popcap for all units with total and per man also its getting really confusing now...?? and last was zeroing arty ninja nerfed becasue it performs way worse than the wfa launch as far i can tell i did not see any nerf in official forums..?? thx in advance
18 Jan 2016, 09:58 AM

it's only a mobile suppression platform in the most literal sense. the range on the suppression is complete shit.

My comment was a reply to a very misleading comparison "So UC vickers is pretty much singular DP-28 for proper LMG cost. Can this upgrade be any less efficient?". Comparing an infantry LMG (DP) with the vickers upgrade is very misleading because:
1)comparing an infantry upgrade with a vehicles upgrade is "comparing apples with oranges"
2)the upgrade allows the unit to to suppress
3) Even if one does the comparison (and he should not), he will see that contrary to lmg upgrade for infantry that replace a weapon this upgrade add a new weapon. For instance LMg42 for grenadiers increase the DPS of the squad by: 2% to 77% (according to range)
The UC upgrade increases the DPS of the unit by:64% close 36% far so it increase close allot and decent far.

To sum up even though UC might not be a good unit that is not due to the HMG upgrade...

18 Jan 2016, 10:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2016, 08:30 AMKatitof

Base experience is 100%, modifier multiplies it by 1.2, so end experience is 120%.
It does it since alpha, so its quite intended.

No it did not it was only fixxed recently read what cruzz has to say on it...

"Sorry, it's my mistake. They fixed it (without mentioning in patch notes of course) it in the October 29 patch apparently."
18 Jan 2016, 10:05 AM

wait what if shocktroops are 2 pop per man then they are back to 10 from 0..?? and does the m1 garand really does have this crazy damage or theres some catch.also cruzz what are the exact stats on vailant assault ( does it only makes them sprint like before)...also is concenttraion barrage and diabliling arty does still givs no red smoke and requires no los..??? any changes to rest popcaps can you maybe make a list for current popcap for all units with total and per man also its getting really confusing now...?? and last was zeroing arty ninja nerfed becasue it performs way worse than the wfa launch as far i can tell i did not see any nerf in official forums..?? thx in advance

No, that list was for the original popcap changes in December 4 with me removing the ones I knew had already changed without checking, I really don't have the time or motivation to constantly check the patches so I don't know how many of those changes are still left.

Valiant Assault is +25% accuracy and +1 posture speed for all infantry.

No I won't make a popcap list, too much work now that relic has spread all the popcap costs everywhere in the files.

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2016, 09:58 AMMyself

3)the upgrade increase range to 40
4) Even if one does the comparison (and he should not), he will see that contrary to lmg upgrade for infantry that replace a weapon this upgrade add a new weapon. For instance LMg42 for grenadiers increase the DPS of the squad by: 2% to 77% (according to range)
The UC upgrade increases the DPS of the unit from :302% to 60% so it vastly superior.
5)In comparing the DPS of the DP-28 and vickers he is also wrong because:
Vicker is 416% 231% 116% 36% 9% better than a DP-28.

If one wanted to actually do a comparison, that made sense, he should have to compare it with turret mounted upgrade. Even then vickers compared to PZ4 wer is 41% 35% 30% 46% 66% better.

To sum up even though UC might not be a good unit that is not due to the HMg upgrade, the UC vickers upgrade, contrary to a very misleading comment is probably one of the most cost efficient upgrades.

The vickers upgrade doesn't increase the range of the unit, it's still 35.

I don't really have a clue what those percent numbers are supposed to be, but the UC vickers K upgrade really is horrible in terms of DPS. Surely you're not confusing it with the actual vickers HMG?

If volks schreks and gren super range panzerfausts didn't exist it would be a pretty good upgrade purely thanks to the suppression, but because both exist it's fairly useless.

Code

NAME NEAR MID FAR
universal_carrier_bren_lmg_mp: 7.98 10.487 11.649
vickers_k_universal_carrier: 5.09 4.974 4.203
18 Jan 2016, 10:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2016, 10:05 AMCruzz

No, that list was for the original popcap changes in December 4 with me removing the ones I knew had already changed without checking, I really don't have the time or motivation to constantly check the patches so I don't know how many of those changes are still left.

Valiant Assault is +25% accuracy and +1 posture speed for all infantry.

No I won't make a popcap list, too much work now that relic has spread all the popcap costs everywhere in the files.

thx for your help
seems like mother russia takes the cake over assault and valiant assault.
18 Jan 2016, 10:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2016, 10:19 AMMyself

universal_carrier_vickers_mmg_mounted_mp 21.68124937 16.85327896 12.63123878 8.744367816 7.167389085 5.802442105

Is an unused weapon. The correct one is still the vickers_k_universal_carrier.
PAGES (58)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS