Login

russian armor

Ostheer HMG too strong now

PAGES (27)down
26 Jun 2015, 09:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2015, 06:43 AMppsh41
hmg is important in early game which there is no blobing. don't understand relic's loigic
Whermacht couldn't survive the early game inf-rush. That was the logic behind buffing the MG42, which was a pretty solid change. No more free stolen HMG42s.

The alternative would be 5- man grens. I'm sure you won't like that.
26 Jun 2015, 10:10 AM
Donator 11

You know whats great? Allied fanboy tears.
26 Jun 2015, 10:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2015, 10:10 AMspajn

Your Steam name is literally SS-PanzerFührer, who are you to call anyone a fanboy?
26 Jun 2015, 10:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2015, 10:10 AMspajn
Said German fanboy.
26 Jun 2015, 11:05 AM
Donator 11

How is me asking you why you think it's acceptable T34/85's are so cheap due to call in buggery compared to the Ost Panther "bullshit"?

Yes, that was exactly how it went down :p

26 Jun 2015, 12:25 PM

I can not confirm that units behind green cover get suppressed. I did some testing with the cheat mod and suppression only happens when 1-2 models are out of cover, but that was also the case before the patch.

6 cons behind a sandbag don't get suppressed on long-mid range. They noticeably take more damage tough.

By the way I even use 3 fire rate bulletins, so my HMG version is the deluxe op version.

Also fanboy wars after the patch:

26 Jun 2015, 13:28 PM

The MG42 vs rifles gameplay worked well in COH1 because it was insanely risky to cap with an MG. Axis players therefore had to hold smaller swathes of territory and defend them well in exchange for a more powerful late game.

Support weapons should not be able to cap, or have a vastly lower capping speed. I haven't played this patch enough yet to see if we're back to fall 2013 with the MG attack-move/cap EZ win mode (plus dat suppression bulletin!), but it sounds like it's close.

aaa
26 Jun 2015, 14:08 PM

Support weapons should not be able to cap, or have a vastly lower capping speed. I haven't played this patch enough yet to see if we're back to fall 2013 with the MG attack-move/cap EZ win mode (plus dat suppression bulletin!), but it sounds like it's close.

Its not about caping its about mgs being blatantly OP.

Plus what i ve noticed after this patch for me there is 1,5 sec delay of retreat or reposition units to dodge grenade. That delat realy is difference between saving full squad or losing 80% of it ussualy. Its unplayable.

Looks like they better remove this patch. Thats why they fail so far with patches like that rendering the game unplayable for fun of axis noobs.
26 Jun 2015, 14:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2015, 14:08 PMaaa

Its not about caping its about mgs being blatantly OP.

Plus what i ve noticed after this patch for me there is 1,5 sec delay of retreat or reposition units to dodge grenade. That delat realy is difference between saving full squad or losing 80% of it ussualy. Its unplayable.

Looks like they better remove this patch. Thats why they fail so far with patches like that rendering the game unplayable for fun of axis noobs.

If you understood the economy of the game better and had played COH1 at an intermediate skill level, you might understand my point. Controlling blobs is what MGs should do, and so far I think they're fine. What's not fine is that you can spam 2 mgs at start and start capping wtih them while suppressing anything that comes into view.

26 Jun 2015, 14:26 PM

Imho MGs are in a fine spot now. Blob-control was really missing.
The Problems are the maps. While fine in 1v1 most of the 2v2 or bigger maps are just to small up to the point where there is only 1 or 2 routes to the enemy rendering MGs too strong.

If you put shit like Crossing in the Woods in 2v2 Automatch it's just normal that area control units are becoming too strong.
aaa
26 Jun 2015, 14:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2015, 14:26 PMKelnozz
Blob-control was really missing.

I just dont get it.
Do you all think that one is gonna blob being in green cover?

When you defeated me yesterday i didnt even know that now those mgs fast-supress units in green cover forcing them to retreat or lose models.
26 Jun 2015, 17:25 PM

I'm a USF player.

The first couple of games with the new patch, I was taken aback by the power of the Axis MG spam but I changed my approach and now I think the changes are awesome and in the right direction. Success and wins are still obtainable as USF.

Granted, it is really not easy at all to deal with MGs as USF, a mortar would be so helpful.

Also, the .50 is really good these days, the sprint ability is also really good... kinda under-appreciated it would seem.
26 Jun 2015, 17:52 PM

2/10

What exactly is your argument? Because this rampant shitposting is starting to get out of control.

Idk what to tell you, look up the stats, use it in game, right now the Dhsk's only weakness is being stuck in shitty doctrines.
aaa
26 Jun 2015, 20:31 PM

I think they must remove green cover entirely if its irrelevant to hmgs now.
What a fak they just dud.
27 Jun 2015, 07:45 AM

buff pak howitzer. the USF probably have the weakest artillery in game without the inf doc.

make the bar (and zooka) cheaper. The rifleman need the extra firepower.

on a 1v1 map, the USF can still reliably flank, dance around, and manhandle the grenadiers and mg42. It's just mid-early game when the rifleman alone just doesn't cut it anymore. the USF need decent artillery and the bar needs to be cheaper.
27 Jun 2015, 09:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2015, 14:42 PMaaa

I just dont get it.
Do you all think that one is gonna blob being in green cover?

When you defeated me yesterday i didnt even know that now those mgs fast-supress units in green cover forcing them to retreat or lose models.

Like I already told you last game (and already mentioned before in this thread) that surpression immunity was always a bit unreliable because every model needs to be in green cover and that the "green cover" icon isn't enough to ensure that.

In addition to that fact, there was no reason for you to keep sitting in front of the mg, not even firing at it but focussing the gren squad in green cover instead.
27 Jun 2015, 09:55 AM
Patrion 14

Hmm ostheers MGs are a problem on narrow maps!
27 Jun 2015, 09:55 AM

the most frustrating thing now is to kill a hmg in house. hard to close and take ages to kill.
PAGES (27)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS