Login

russian armor

Ostheer HMG too strong now

PAGES (27)down
25 Jun 2015, 11:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2015, 11:18 AMCat
MG42s are fine. This patch just forces you to stop using Rifle Company as if it was meta. Pak howitzer, Mortar Halftrack, M8 Scott are all some of the hard counters for MG42s. Just l2p.

Not a single one of these is early game, where the issue is.

Alternatively, please provide a replay where you use scott to counter early game HMG42 pin on your cutoff.
I'll make myself popcorn meanwhile.
25 Jun 2015, 11:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2015, 10:41 AMKatitof

Rangers.
Paras.
Whole britblob could be fired up by officer.

And oorah doesn't give you suppression immunity, so I can't see how can you compare them.

I like that some things never change, like you acting like you have rabies and being as clueless as ever about stuff you talk about.

You dont even play this game so stfu!!!!!
5000 posts and max 50 games.

back to topic:

MG is fine. you have enough counters as US against it.
25 Jun 2015, 11:33 AM

I was waiting for this kind of thread. Oh,

Step 1. Soviet fanbois crying because of blobs and that they don't have counter blob weapon;
Step 2. Relic makes MGs viable.
Step 3. Soviet fanbois crying because now in game there ARE counter blob efficient weapons.

HAHAHAHAHAH!
25 Jun 2015, 11:36 AM

You dont even play this game so stfu!!!!!
5000 posts and max 50 games.

back to topic:

MG is fine. you have enough counters as US against it.

And I believe the thread exists SPECIFICALLY because there are NO usf early game counters to it(sovs always had ways to counter it, so no issue here).
Because, you know, NOT ALL ALPHA CHANGES MADE IT LIVE.

Think of early game version of limiting heavies but not changing mediums.
Are you capable of comprehending that simple concept?

God, the outbursts of fanboyism every single patch.
Cat
25 Jun 2015, 11:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2015, 11:33 AMJohnnyB

I was waiting for this kind of thread. Oh,

Step 1. Soviet fanbois crying because of blobs and that they don't have counter blob weapon;
Step 2. Relic makes MGs viable.
Step 3. Soviet fanbois crying because now in game there ARE counter blob efficient weapons.

HAHAHAHAHAH!

Please, you're insulting Katitof. He could never be an SU fanboy. Instead he's a US fanboy. All of his posts are defending US / saying Axis are OP.
25 Jun 2015, 11:37 AM
Donator 11

In some cases I agree, HMG42 is so powerfull against squads in green cover :loco: although the biggest problem I find is when you are playing as USF in some maps, it so painfull to counter.
25 Jun 2015, 11:38 AM

PLease the "flank moar use smoke" argument is old and is invalid.

Ever come up against interlocked MGs?

Maps where flanking is harder?

Give USF the damn mortar and AT gun in HQ after teching. Problem solved.

No it's not invalid, played vs double HMG42 today, flanked and smoked the shit out of it.
25 Jun 2015, 11:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2015, 11:36 AMKatitof

And I believe the thread exists SPECIFICALLY because there are NO usf early game counters to it(sovs always had ways to counter it, so no issue here).
Because, you know, NOT ALL ALPHA CHANGES MADE IT LIVE.

Think of early game version of limiting heavies but not changing mediums.
Are you capable of comprehending that simple concept?

God, the outbursts of fanboyism every single patch.

Psst, Kati!

...L 2 fu..ing P allready!! :D:D:snfPeter:
25 Jun 2015, 11:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2015, 11:46 AMJohnnyB

Psst, Kati!

...L 2 fu..ing P allready!! :D:D:snfPeter:

Will you tell that to Jesulin as well?

Come on.

I dare you.

Alex have no problems telling incomparably better players then him to L2P, I'm sure you have it in you as well.

Perhaps you could ask Jesulin on which maps he got problems against HMG42 and tutor him on how to counter it?
25 Jun 2015, 11:53 AM

I have played 5 games against USF players since patch dropped, and EVERY single one of those players still blobbed their opening 4 rifles straight into MG arcs(some learned mid-way through the game and actually made my MGs retreat).

So I think the patch is still too new and the USF players need to L2PD, Learn to Play Differently.
25 Jun 2015, 11:58 AM

Well, people don´t want blobs... but neither do they want MGs that fulfill their task.

It´s actually satisfying for once that if you set up traps for infantry, the hostile infantry doesn´t just shrug it away and storms your MG anyway.

It´s supposed to be a hard counter to infantry. Complaining about its performance versus infantry is like moving a 222 straight into an AT gun without trying to flank and then complain how the AT gun is op.

25 Jun 2015, 11:58 AM

Lol, smoke. As usf you are bleeding a lot of ammo on smoke you just have no resources for upgrades, meanwhile ost players upgrading their grenadiers with lmg. So, you have no ammo because of a big waste of muni on grenades and smoke, no upgrades and a slow teching, because grenade upgrade is not cheap. So, usf have no good counters for hmg42 right now.
25 Jun 2015, 12:04 PM

Permanently Banned
yes, use smoke against a 240 mp t1 unit. much balance

but when okw must get early mines against m3's its "OMG! M3 OP! I HAVE TO SPEND MUNI TO COUNTER A t1 UNIT!"

These forums are a joke.
25 Jun 2015, 12:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2015, 11:51 AMKatitof

Will you tell that to Jesulin as well?

Come on.

I dare you.

Alex have no problems telling incomparably better players then him to L2P, I'm sure you have it in you as well.

Perhaps you could ask Jesulin on which maps he got problems against HMG42 and tutor him on how to counter it?

You realy should invest your time with playing this game instead of posting every shit in this forum.

so L2P noob.
25 Jun 2015, 12:14 PM

compared to the maxim its silly that they cost the same...

inb4 wehraboo tears

25 Jun 2015, 12:18 PM

Garden blobs, but i agree that suppression against squads in green cover too much. They get suppressed in 5 or 6 seconds.

Maybe increase price of hmg 42 or decrease maxim price (its AoE suppression still terrible)?
25 Jun 2015, 12:20 PM

Guys, what if instead of nerfing the mg-42, we make it more expensive?

People keep talking about how it was the best machine gun in the war, and want it reflected in game. Ok, there you have it, mg-42 is now the best MG in the game.

But if you want the best machine gun, you should also pay a premium price for it. Say 290mp or even 300mp. (Dushka is 300mp as well so i dont see any problems here)
25 Jun 2015, 12:21 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2015, 12:18 PMJadame!
Garden blobs, but i agree that suppression against squads in green cover too much. They get suppressed in 5 or 6 seconds.

Maybe increase price of hmg 42 or decrease maxim price (its AoE suppression still terrible)?

maxim lacks aoe
25 Jun 2015, 12:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2015, 12:18 PMJadame!

Maxim has trouble suppressing more than one squad, meanwhile MG42 suppresses entire blobs at the same cost.

But its working as intended, need more crutch units for the axis :^)
25 Jun 2015, 12:29 PM

Permanently Banned
The extreme power of the MG42 in its current state is ramped up yet further when you pick Encirclement commander and can sprint away if you are flanked.
PAGES (27)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 63
Poland 9

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak