Login

russian armor

Seriously! Very deep Snow has to go.!

21 Jun 2015, 20:55 PM

Seriously.
Deep Snow should not slow infantry down, at least not in competitive multiplayer games.

It is ruining this game.
1. You want to flank, but your inf got slowed down!
2. Worse, your inf can't fire while moving cross deep snow!
3. You want to retreat, but just got wiped because of deep snow.
4. You want to dodge nade/artillery, got caught in deep snow.

Bottom line, deep snow placement needs a rework

On shit map like Bystraya Voga west, there is deep snow in front of your base cut-off, or deep snow completely surrounding the munition points or all over the path from east to attack mid-munition.

Semoisky Winter, deep snow completely blocking off attack path from north side to the east fuel.
Rzhev Winter, all over the damn place.

It needs a change.
21 Jun 2015, 20:59 PM

Permanently Banned
Deep snow = trash. The only thing that isn't shit about blizzards and snow maps are the aesthetics, and ice. Deep snow and blizzards are just retarded.
21 Jun 2015, 21:04 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Yup, that's just one point of the list of frustrating gameplay next to blizzards and static emplacements. Deep snow totally backfired. It makes gameplay slow and static and is placed in the most unfortunate spots. The most hilarious thing is that units don't take deep snow into account while retreating.

However, I doubt that they are going to change it after two years now. I bet it's just another "spectacular event" as plane crashes.

On another note, if Relic really wanted to design the game as a competetive title, they wouldn't have implemented deep snow like that. It looks cool, and that's what matters for them (at least in my opinion).
21 Jun 2015, 21:08 PM

Middle snow near Semoisky winter middle VP is just :snfPeter:
21 Jun 2015, 21:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2015, 21:04 PMluvnest
Yup, that's just one point of the list of frustrating gameplay next to blizzards and static emplacements. Deep snow totally backfired. It makes gameplay slow and static and is placed in the most unfortunate spots. The most hilarious thing is that units don't take deep snow into account while retreating.

However, I doubt that they are going to change it after two years now. I bet it's just another "spectacular event" as plane crashes.

On another note, if Relic really wanted to design the game as a competetive title, they wouldn't have implemented deep snow like that. It looks cool, and that's what matters for them (at least in my opinion).

I guess for the stuff they THINK is cool, nobody actually gives a shit...

Deep snow is just one major source of map unbalance.
For example on Voga west, if Allies attack your cut-off and you want to retreat as Ostheer...good luck.
21 Jun 2015, 22:20 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Serious expletive in thread title lightened...(heavy snow notwithstanding)
21 Jun 2015, 22:35 PM

Seriously,

We don't want a perfect balance it's imposible.

It's possible, but if we do this, maps will be ugly, balance will base too much on RNG, especially if we keep medics : Olol i make a bad moove but win coz i have some luck ( conscripts vs gren ).

All these things are fun, I want it.

BUT if we kick medics from the game, it would be nice :bananadance:

75 % health gren ---> 3 mens automaticaly :banana:
21 Jun 2015, 22:45 PM
Donator 11

I can't think of a single moment i found deep snow to have a fun effect on the game but its an astronomical amount of times deep snow has been frustrating.
21 Jun 2015, 22:47 PM

Permanently Banned
Seriously,

BUT if we kick medics from the game, it would be nice :bananadance:

75 % health gren ---> 3 mens automaticaly :banana:

What does this mean?+
21 Jun 2015, 22:51 PM

Medics exist coz you can get 4 mens in Squad of grens with 70 % health for exemple

If 1 gren in Squad = 25 % health ... medics become useless.
21 Jun 2015, 23:14 PM

Learn the maps, and soft retreat into a correct path if your worried about snow. All deep snow does is widen the skill gap, which is good in my book.
22 Jun 2015, 00:15 AM

I for one like deep snow. It's a hazard just like ice. If you put your vehicles on ice, then you understand that you risk them getting sunk and shouldn't be surprised when it happens. If you put your units in deep snow, then you understand that you're slowing them down, and shouldn't be surprised when they get wiped. You can't be mad at anyone but yourself.

It's also very satisfying exploiting deep snow when fighting your enemies.
22 Jun 2015, 01:19 AM

I think relic just needs to remove the slow effect on retreating units. The issue with it is that units stuck and wiped in it because they couldn't escape in time. Seems to be the sort of thing they would change with their strides towards removing surprise squad wipes.

Stalling an advance is fine for a battlefield hazard, but blocking a retreat can have catastrophic results for players.
22 Jun 2015, 07:00 AM
Donator 22

Deep snow is just element you need to take in consideration when making your tacitcs. Terrain allways has impact in coh cover, roads, deep snow/mud, los blockers ect. Maybe there still is too much of it in some maps. And heavy snow in front of bases is just :facepalm:
22 Jun 2015, 07:08 AM

Deep snow has to stay, don't forget units with ambush camouflage can hide in it :snfPeter:
22 Jun 2015, 07:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2015, 07:00 AMassbag
Deep snow is just element you need to take in consideration when making your tacitcs. Terrain allways has impact in coh cover, roads, deep snow/mud, los blockers ect. Maybe there still is too much of it in some maps. And heavy snow in front of bases is just :facepalm:

You're correct about those other elements but the difference I believe is that deep snow isn't fun, it doesn't enhance the gameplay experience, it is a hindrance and annoyance.

Blizzards are the same, a player's units should only receive damage from the enemy player not a map wide environmental effect which is out of the player's control.
22 Jun 2015, 07:19 AM

are there any other units than assault engineers that dont slow down when running through deep snow?
22 Jun 2015, 07:22 AM

are there any other units than assault engineers that dont slow down when running through deep snow?

Sturm Pios?
m00
22 Jun 2015, 07:41 AM
Donator 11

I actually enjoy the snow as well as the other negative effects of terrain, it's sad that they removed the slow movement through water. Ice/snow/water were all parts of strategy when placing your troops and now it just seems they want to make the game easier. Even the blizzards are fun to me, just adds more to the battlefield.
22 Jun 2015, 09:11 AM

I can't count the times deep snow, ice and this kind of things made me wanna throw my PC of the window. BUT I am all for not removing them from game.
COH is more than just an APM game. A top/very good/very experienced player has to know how to use everything, from units combos untill terrain and tactics. Caught in deep snow? Then you did something wrong from strategic point of view. I'm not talking about some maps where deep snow is silly positioned but about situations in which you willingly enter by risking to go in deep snow to obtain something (reach a building sooner, cap a point before your opponent does, etc). If you are surprised while doing so and your squad get wiped, it's kinda your fault. Even the retreat path can be calculated. It's like tanks on ice. Can I shortcut through here now?Do I take my chance with this expensive tank? If you do, you are not entitled to protest against how ice work if your tank got sunk by a mortar. You risked and you lost, as simple as that.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★