Login

russian armor

Patch notes for 23rd June

PAGES (33)down
18 Jun 2015, 15:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2015, 14:16 PMKatitof

You think that is bad, just wait to see the next changes.

Though I'm afraid we'll have to wait another 3 months for them.

yeah, lol

loved it! :wub:
18 Jun 2015, 16:00 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

you can watch me and dusty try to do literally what you say, just a-move with guards, 120s, and 85s against alastor and jove in the TAW 2v2 finals (bo5). it really doesnt work when all players are pretty skilled. in fact, soviets had a very poor showing through the series, with soviets winning only once, and it definitely wasnt because of 85s(it was due to su-85s believe it or not)

I watched crazy man cast that.

Again I'm not saying it's uncounterable, especially when you have a trusted teammate in high level 2v2.
That's not my point.
I'm saying its way harder to counter than it should be,and mostly in 1v1.
If you think it's PZ EZ ok fine. but 90% of all players would disagree,

the doctrine alongside soviet non doc late game is broken,has been broken for YEARS now, and was still unaddressed this patch,despite being addressed in alpha.

It's simply a joke, this game and community cannot take more let downs.
18 Jun 2015, 16:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2015, 15:31 PMNapalm

This seems to be a common excuse. If it isn't going to be a real problem for the smaller game mode crew then why couldn't we put this cap in for the larger game modes? It wouldn't impact the 1 v a masterrace, right? So why care?

Aren't you a community mod for Relic? Because they have stated multiple times that unit caps for stock units like in DoW isn't going to happen.

And as CieZ pointed out; the KT is inefficient compared to what you could do with combined arms. I would much rather have a Panther with support.
18 Jun 2015, 16:03 PM

I watched crazy man cast that.

Again I'm not saying it's uncounterable, especially when you have a trusted teammate in high level 2v2.
That's not my point.
I'm saying its way harder to counter than it should be,and mostly in 1v1.
If you think it's PZ EZ ok fine. but 90% of all players would disagree,

the doctrine alongside soviet non doc late game is broken,has been broken for YEARS now, and was still unaddressed this patch,despite being addressed in alpha.

It's simply a joke, this game and community cannot take more let downs.

Pretty much, the reason Guard Motor is so infuriating is that you need to put in way more effort to stop the enemy player than you should have to, and the call in nature of the doctrine allows them to come back even if they have very little map control since they WILL have a fuel float.

Sure someone like Lemon might be able to win 90% of the time because they are a pro, but for the average player it's a lot more difficult.
18 Jun 2015, 16:07 PM

Aren't you a community mod for Relic? Because they have stated multiple times that unit caps for stock units like in DoW isn't going to happen.

Just because he is a mod doesn't mean he gets any insight on what relic actually does.
Trust me, volunteers rarely know much.

Also, there was a heavy limit in coh1, it only made sense to give it to coh2.
The limits you talk about is bullshit like "limit grens to 3" and it have nothing to do with heavy limit, which was much needed and requested.

And as CieZ pointed out; the KT is inefficient compared to what you could do with combined arms. I would much rather have a Panther with support.

Many cheaper units are often more efficient then single big one unless you talk really late game. Its RTS standard, there are only a few exceptions to this rule.
18 Jun 2015, 16:13 PM

Because they have stated multiple times that unit caps for stock units like in DoW isn't going to happen.

Relic has stated many things in the past. "There will be no P2W in CoH2" being the most famous of them all. "Panthers shouldn't get a get out of jail free card" etc. Time changes everything.

I respect CieZ immensely and I find him to be one of the gems of the community. However he is talking from a perspective that is completely different then mine. What may be inefficient in one game mode may be very efficient in another. OKW now has a very clear advantage in it's options of combined arms.

Further I see the optics of such a decision as poor. "We feel that the KT should not be capped because special snowflake". I'm not the only one who has been upset at this decision. The Alpha forums also identified this as a issue.

This one change has really spoiled the patch for me. *sigh*
18 Jun 2015, 17:15 PM

It looks like a good step, but 85's are going to be the be all end all.
18 Jun 2015, 17:25 PM
Patrion 14

Invissed some Queenflame
18 Jun 2015, 17:29 PM

Permanently Banned
Invissed some Queenflame

You missed the guy above...
18 Jun 2015, 17:35 PM

Permanently Banned
LOL
18 Jun 2015, 17:36 PM

Hahaha. No, seriously, I am amused.
18 Jun 2015, 17:39 PM

learn how to read, its not limited, pls continue to be wrong.
Pastebin version: "Super Heavy Vehicles (Tiger, Tiger Ace, King Tiger, Elefant, IS2, ISU, Jadgtiger, Sturmtiger, KV2)"
18 Jun 2015, 17:48 PM
Donator 22

Invisied 3 troll posts. Carry on.
18 Jun 2015, 17:48 PM

Now picking USF in big games isn't suicide. Making a faction playable IS A BIG WIN, PEOPLE

So what if Guards Motor is OP? Build some Jagdpanzers or Stugs, lay some mines, and hope for the best: the best being that it won't be a problem by next patch, which will probably come very soon.
PAGES (33)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

unknown 27
Germany 804
unknown 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %