Login

russian armor

Patch notes for 23rd June

PAGES (33)down
19 Jun 2015, 19:46 PM

You have to at snare a vehicle that's at 75%. If a vehicles hp goes from 100 to 70, they won't be snared as far as I know
19 Jun 2015, 19:54 PM

You have to at snare a vehicle that's at 75%. If a vehicles hp goes from 100 to 70, they won't be snared as far as I know

I thought the check for engine snare happened after the damage was applied? I could be wrong but that's what I was told when I asked Relic yesterday.

light vehicles always get snared anyways, no? I also thought that the puma was technically classified as a scout car.

My only complaint about the snare mechanics change is that it'll make harassing the map more risky. Perhaps vehicle performance against retreating squads will have to be toned down slightly to compensate.
19 Jun 2015, 20:16 PM

Yeah, they check for 75% after damage from AT nade/faust is done.

Panzerfaust / AT Grenade/ Rifle AT Grenades

Question asked: "This opens the way to push/crash tatcics becoming a viable strategy and that would be really bad imo. I would suggest remove minimum range from all AT grenades and infatry snare stun or slow down vehicles above 75% so that one could at avoid being pushed/crashed."

Jlee's answer: "Criticals apply after the damage is done. The Panzerfaust does 100 damage and its enough to take most light armored vehicles below 75% health dealing a critical on first hit. There was a bug in the Alpha build that was applying the critical on the Panzerfaust from its current health and not after the damage so vehicles were not receiving that engine damage critical on the first shot. Its really some Medium tanks and Heavy Tanks where you will really feel this makes a difference.

Its true that it will make it easier for some medium tanks to attempt at crushing infantry more but i dont neccessarily think that's a bad thing. If anything, I feel it has always been much more riskier for a medium tank that requires much more resources and tech to push forward than the most basic infantry squad. What this change is doing is making it so the opposing player that is fighting against a medium tank will need to do some damage to that vehicle first with any other weapons(eg. One Panzershreck shot) before that critical can be triggered."

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/company-of-heroes-2-general-discussion/179157-june-23rd-patch-notes-official-feedback-thread?p=179503#post179503
19 Jun 2015, 20:16 PM
Donator 11

Well at least its a continued step in the right direction for CoH2 Cant wait for future patch and hopefully we get faster patches
19 Jun 2015, 21:03 PM

If you have God micro SU-76 can be countered by Puma
19 Jun 2015, 21:40 PM

my bad i was notified today that they changed it from alpha.
19 Jun 2015, 22:18 PM

my bad i was notified today that they changed it from alpha.

To be fair you were correct in that that's how it behaved during the alpha.

Either way it's a major buff for medium tanks. Should make for more exciting matches as well, with mediums being able to pull off flanks. Hopefully it'll be another step towards helping mediums combat heavies - they'll have an easier time getting to the rear armor.

The only downside I can see is it'll be very scary to back-cap/harass now once tanks hit the field since they can chase you all day.
19 Jun 2015, 22:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2015, 22:18 PMCieZ

To be fair you were correct in that that's how it behaved during the alpha.

Either way it's a major buff for medium tanks. Should make for more exciting matches as well, with mediums being able to pull off flanks. Hopefully it'll be another step towards helping mediums combat heavies - they'll have an easier time getting to the rear armor.

The only downside I can see is it'll be very scary to back-cap/harass now once tanks hit the field since they can chase you all day.

It's true, it's an interesting plus to give mediums more armour flanking ability. So often it feels like you're playing in porridge with your tanks all crippled. It really added to the problem of dealing with long-range heavies.

Your downside is very likely to be a pain. I also predict another downside. Squish all the units! Though it might actually improve the game with mediums becoming a game-altering unit rather than a stepping stone you can't fully exploit.

[edit] just read your above posts, I think you're right, it should change the call-in meta for the better.
19 Jun 2015, 23:59 PM

i think players will just have to adapt and be mindful of their AT positioning, rather than just being able to almost always rely on just fausting and running. more skill and thought will be necessary, which is good in theory i think.
20 Jun 2015, 00:16 AM

The only fear I have of medium tanks not getting snared as easily is faster Allied mediums chasing down already small Axis squads and wiping them easier. While 6 man con unit just trolls itself into its base with 1 model left.
20 Jun 2015, 00:24 AM

6 fucking months? The playerbase will move on to greener pastures, too little too late.
20 Jun 2015, 06:04 AM
Donator 11

you didn't read my post, I said I knew this would be said, but new meta will most likely see mortar smoke barrage get populair again, just like in the beginning of the game's life cycle

So using an ability is a bad thing? I use smoke now, its really good
20 Jun 2015, 06:06 AM

I hope Relic reads this thread thoroughly and learns something useful. :foreveralone:
EDIT: Relic's face when they see this thread:
20 Jun 2015, 06:07 AM
Donator 11

I agree, you have bested me. Yet if you drop the smoke just before you move in, it can work.

Your text..

20 Jun 2015, 06:09 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Fixed that for you :foreveralone::foreveralone:
20 Jun 2015, 06:10 AM
Donator 11

Fixed that for you :foreveralone::foreveralone:

merci. how do you do that btw?
20 Jun 2015, 06:11 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

merci. how do you do that btw?

:foreveralone:
right click and Open the gif/image itself in a new tab then copy that link into the Insert IMG prompt :foreveralone::foreveralone:
20 Jun 2015, 06:14 AM
Donator 11

:foreveralone:
right click and Open the gif/image itself in a new tab then copy that link into the Insert IMG prompt :foreveralone::foreveralone:

20 Jun 2015, 06:18 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

20 Jun 2015, 06:19 AM

PAGES (33)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %