Login

russian armor

Patch notes for 23rd June

PAGES (33)down
19 Jun 2015, 16:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2015, 16:08 PMCieZ
I think the most impactful change that no one is talking about is the change to AT nades and Faust engine damage mechanics. It's a huge indirect buff to mediums and should allow players who tech mediums to punish people trying to stall for call ins since the mediums can be a lot more aggressive against defensive AT gun play.

This this this. Your pretty much going to need vehicles to fight vehicles as Soviets and Ostheer. This right here encourages teching.
19 Jun 2015, 17:01 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2015, 16:08 PMCieZ
I think the most impactful change that no one is talking about is the change to AT nades and Faust engine damage mechanics. It's a huge indirect buff to mediums and should allow players who tech mediums to punish people trying to stall for call ins since the mediums can be a lot more aggressive against defensive AT gun play.

Again, the most used mediums in the game are call ins xd.

apart from that, soviets still have their multi purpose mines, which stop any german tank.
19 Jun 2015, 17:05 PM

Permanently Banned

This this this. Your pretty much going to need vehicles to fight vehicles as Soviets and Ostheer. This right here encourages teching.

it encourages to get t2, nothing more. Which they can build right away, get at guns and than start safing for 85s
19 Jun 2015, 17:18 PM

Again, the most used mediums in the game are call ins xd.

apart from that, soviets still have their multi purpose mines, which stop any german tank.

You can still field a pz4 before the 85s hit assuming equal/close map control.

Fielding ZiS only against medium armor will be scarier and easier to decrew&steal. Plus Zis are a major mp investment. Many players in this patch could get away with skipping soviet t2 entirely, this will no longer be the case. Unless of course you're just stomping the ost player, in which case commander choice is irrelevant.

What's to stop ost from planting tellers for the 85s? Or OKW who has literally the exact same mine as soviets...

Your argument just doesn't really hold up.
19 Jun 2015, 17:35 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2015, 17:18 PMCieZ

You can still field a pz4 before the 85s hit assuming equal/close map control.

Fielding ZiS only against medium armor will be scarier and easier to decrew&steal. Plus Zis are a major mp investment. Many players in this patch could get away with skipping soviet t2 entirely, this will no longer be the case. Unless of course you're just stomping the ost player, in which case commander choice is irrelevant.

What's to stop ost from planting tellers for the 85s? Or OKW who has literally the exact same mine as soviets...

Your argument just doesn't really hold up.

You still forget guard swarm, some buttening with one at guns will surely scare off a panzer 4. Mines on good road placements etc will stall them even further and are a good strategy, togheter with a mine bulletin.

A panzer 4 is a major manpower investment as well, let alone tech cost. If you want a quick p4, you will have to skip t2, otherwise the teching will hamper you to much. Skipping t2 versus soviets is not something you will get away with most likely.

Screening an at gun isn't that hard, you can keep it alive very easily if it is in a good position.

What is to stop ost from planting tellers? Perhaps that they cost 60 muni and you need grens with lmgs to even cope with soviet infantry hordes! You might claim, oh yes but improved mg42 will stop the hordes, I almost know for sure that the new meta will have mortar smoke barrages vs the new mgs, which will negate their stopping power.

I agree with you, the nerf of at nades will make the p4 etc far more viable. But the options soviets have, will not see a high rise of p4 effectiveness xd. Be realistic here
19 Jun 2015, 17:58 PM

You still forget guard swarm, some buttening with one at guns will surely scare off a panzer 4. Mines on good road placements etc will stall them even further and are a good strategy, togheter with a mine bulletin.

A panzer 4 is a major manpower investment as well, let alone tech cost. If you want a quick p4, you will have to skip t2, otherwise the teching will hamper you to much. Skipping t2 versus soviets is not something you will get away with most likely.

Screening an at gun isn't that hard, you can keep it alive very easily if it is in a good position.

What is to stop ost from planting tellers? Perhaps that they cost 60 muni and you need grens with lmgs to even cope with soviet infantry hordes! You might claim, oh yes but improved mg42 will stop the hordes, I almost know for sure that the new meta will have mortar smoke barrages vs the new mgs, which will negate their stopping power.

I agree with you, the nerf of at nades will make the p4 etc far more viable. But the options soviets have, will not see a rise of p4 effectiveness xd. Be realistic here

Tellers don't cost 60 muni, grens already beat cons at max range without lmgs - lmgs only make the match up easier for the grens. P4 is already an extremely good tank and easy to get before 85s even with teching t2.

A single zis won't hold off a pz4 with the new engine damage mechanics, neither will blowing all your muni buttoning it. Soviet had a ton of breathing room during this current patch because it was easy to keep the p4 in check with the constant threat of engine damage till the 85s hit. That's a big reason people stalled for tiger. Plus tiger could sit in front of zis Fire and kill the guns. Pz4 couldn't risk flanking... Why? Again, easily engine damaged.

The engine damage mechanic change is going to be hugely impactful in so many ways. It's a massive buff to mediums. Trying to hold off for only call in tanks will be super risky. Not saying it can't be done, it will be done, but not as easily as in the current patch.
19 Jun 2015, 18:07 PM
Donator 11

You still forget guard swarm

All MGs got buffs and they will punish blobs
19 Jun 2015, 18:08 PM

The heck, I don't get the negative fuss.
A lot of this actually was asked by the community.
1 HT per player is huge.

So, enough? No, but this patch clearly states that Relic listens to the community.

I also am very very sceptical when it comes to patches and Relic, but djeezes guys, this patch IS a step into the right direction. A good one.
19 Jun 2015, 18:23 PM
Senior Editor Badge

The heck, I don't get the negative fuss.

Kreatiir,

Its because you dont saw the alpha patch.
19 Jun 2015, 18:35 PM

Permanently Banned

All MGs got buffs and they will punish blobs

you didn't read my post, I said I knew this would be said, but new meta will most likely see mortar smoke barrage get populair again, just like in the beginning of the game's life cycle
19 Jun 2015, 18:45 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2015, 17:58 PMCieZ

Tellers don't cost 60 muni, grens already beat cons at max range without lmgs - lmgs only make the match up easier for the grens. P4 is already an extremely good tank and easy to get before 85s even with teching t2.

A single zis won't hold off a pz4 with the new engine damage mechanics, neither will blowing all your muni buttoning it. Soviet had a ton of breathing room during this current patch because it was easy to keep the p4 in check with the constant threat of engine damage till the 85s hit. That's a big reason people stalled for tiger. Plus tiger could sit in front of zis Fire and kill the guns. Pz4 couldn't risk flanking... Why? Again, easily engine damaged.

The engine damage mechanic change is going to be hugely impactful in so many ways. It's a massive buff to mediums. Trying to hold off for only call in tanks will be super risky. Not saying it can't be done, it will be done, but not as easily as in the current patch.

I meant 50 my bad. Anyway, if you button the p4, your at gun can get of 2 or 3 shots, bye bye p4 or it will be restricted to repair and off the field for almost 2 minutes. If it hits a mine, same thing, you will get off a few shots, maybe even kill it.

Yes grens win at long range when unvetted, but if the soviets close in, they will win, if I face a dp guard squad, I will lose, If I face a tokorov squad I will lose when they close in, if they have flamers, my squad better run. Thus get lmgs to secure advantage at any distance, unless it is extremely close range were shocks will rape you. Now I know one doctrine that will grant you great advantages here CAS :bananadance:

I myself never dare to skip t2 anymore, I have had such huge disasters with doing that vs soviets. :foreveralone:

BTW, I have tried some strategies that surround 3-4 pumas vs the t34-85 meta. It works pretty well. With the new at nade nerfs, it can be even more potent.
19 Jun 2015, 18:48 PM

Skipping t2 nets you a whopping 15 fuel. That's like 30 seconds of fuel income
19 Jun 2015, 19:02 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

What I don't get is that they keep us waiting months after months after months for small changes that they implement like once every 3-6 months. Why not wait 6 months, in the meanwhile alpha test the shit out of everything you want to implement, get feedback, tweak it, IMPLEMENT EVERYTHING AT ONCE and then use small patches every 2 to 4 weeks, according to feedback, to smoothen things out.

If the next patch will take another 3 months, you can expect another decrease in player base. Their decissions are so illogical , it makes me cringe xd

Offtopic: didn't you bought this game like a month ago? You sound like someone who has been here since beta.

I'll say biggest change against Guard Motor is gonna be the Stug. PIV and later Stug to face off the first set of 85s.
19 Jun 2015, 19:09 PM

I meant 50 my bad. Anyway, if you button the p4, your at gun can get of 2 or 3 shots, bye bye p4 or it will be restricted to repair and off the field for almost 2 minutes. If it hits a mine, same thing, you will get off a few shots, maybe even kill it.

Yes grens win at long range when unvetted, but if the soviets close in, they will win, if I face a dp guard squad, I will lose, If I face a tokorov squad I will lose when they close in, if they have flamers, my squad better run. Thus get lmgs to secure advantage at any distance, unless it is extremely close range were shocks will rape you. Now I know one doctrine that will grant you great advantages here CAS :bananadance:

I myself never dare to skip t2 anymore, I have had such huge disasters with doing that vs soviets. :foreveralone:

BTW, I have tried some strategies that surround 3-4 pumas vs the t34-85 meta. It works pretty well. With the new at nade nerfs, it can be even more potent.

I can just smoke off your button if I'm playing a smoke doc and you're screwed.

Pak43 should become a reliable counter to 85s with the major nerf to 120mm damage and removal of precision strike. It'll depend on the map but it'll work.

Also, mortar smoke is rarely used because it takes a lifetime to drop. It's not a reliable counter to proper mg play as you seem to claim. It also uses up your barrage cool down so ill just hop in a house.

Edit: how much health do Pumas have? Won't they still get engine damaged off the first nade?
19 Jun 2015, 19:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2015, 18:23 PMnigo

Kreatiir,

Its because you dont saw the alpha patch.

Oh ok :)
It was better I guess :) ?
19 Jun 2015, 19:15 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Oh ok :)
It was better I guess :) ?

I wish I could tell you how much better...;)
19 Jun 2015, 19:27 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2015, 19:09 PMCieZ

I can just smoke off your button if I'm playing a smoke doc and you're screwed.

Pak43 should become a reliable counter to 85s with the major nerf to 120mm damage and removal of precision strike. It'll depend on the map but it'll work.

Also, mortar smoke is rarely used because it takes a lifetime to drop. It's not a reliable counter to proper mg play as you seem to claim. It also uses up your barrage cool down so ill just hop in a house.

I agree, you have bested me. Yet if you drop the smoke just before you move in, it can work.

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2015, 19:09 PMCieZ
Edit: how much health do Pumas have? Won't they still get engine damaged off the first nade?

I don't know the precise numbers. I think they are safe from it, they don't get it as often now anyway. With the new nerfs they will be safe I guess, if they are protected well enough. If screened well, with some pios for sight range and some grenns and an mg42 here and there to protect them, 85s cant touch you, neither can the at nades.
19 Jun 2015, 19:37 PM

Permanently Banned

Offtopic: didn't you bought this game like a month ago? You sound like someone who has been here since beta.

I'll say biggest change against Guard Motor is gonna be the Stug. PIV and later Stug to face off the first set of 85s.

My little brother uses this account as well on the forums, he first played on my account, than bought it himself. He is called GreatDisturbance 96! He bought the game about 1,5 months ago. I have had the game since launch, used a different account, but steam got hacked and had to get new account :foreveralone:
19 Jun 2015, 19:39 PM

You know what, you should maybe stop playing and found a game more "Balanced" cause your negative attitude is really painful to read at some point.
19 Jun 2015, 19:40 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2015, 19:39 PMEsxile

You know what, you should maybe stop playing and found a game more "Balanced" cause your negative attitude is really painful to read at some point.

If stating the obvious is being negative, than I don't see how it is my problem. Then don't read it :)
PAGES (33)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS